PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Lady is ON THE ROAD!!!!

bloodrayne
02-15-2005, 05:47 PM
She drove from the movie theater all the way home last night (that was her first time)...About 3 miles...Tonight she drove to Shinobi's work to spend his lunch, with him, about 5 miles, and she drove back home again...She got up to 25 MPH last night:D ...BUT...She managed 50 MPH tonight...She doesn't like backing into the driveway but she's doing VERY WELL...I'm extremely proud of her...:cool:

Gotta go now...She's driving to Meijer (about 5 miles)...We're gonna get slushies:p

You guys remember your first driving experiences...Or...Teaching someone to drive?

Demon Seed
02-15-2005, 05:51 PM
I haven't ridden with her yet

I think I'll wait a while...:p :D

Marroe
02-15-2005, 06:02 PM
I remember I learned by driving in a big ass circle for hour's everyday, with my Grandpa sitting next to me yelling......I had to get good real quick to get rid of him. Old men yelling stresses me out:mad:

allmykids
02-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Cool bet she's loveing IT!!!

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
My first time was horrible, my driving instructor was a moron. I didn't even get my last lesson because they fired him. It took me way longer than it should have to get me license, mainly because I just got driven everywhere and was pretty lazy about it.

I haven't been driving long and I've already been pulled over for going past a stop sign. Actually I was speeding (not crazy speeding, but faster than I should have been driving), I blew the stop and then didn't notice the police so they thought I was evaded them. They were amazed that I didn't see them, and the fact that I pulled into a little dark parking lot didn't help me at all.

I couldn't find my license so he made me get out of the car and everything. They were like two rookie cops so they went through a whole lot of unecessary shit (atleast in my opinion) like confirming my name with my friend and asking if the car was stolen (Even if it was, would I say yes? idiot) The other cop kept shining his fucking flashlight in my eyes as I talked to the other, he kept doing it because I kept closing them.

"Keep your eyes open" he ordered "It's bright, asshole" I snapped back knowing I should just shut the fuck up and look remorseful.

Then the other one asked me if I had been drinking, of course I out and out lied to him and even added that I don't drink. I didn't have to recite the alphabet backwards, walk a line or take a breathalizer test though. Then I got back in the car and my friend just looked at me wondering what happened.

me: "I called one of them an asshole..." friend: "why?!"
me: *silent

The cop came back and just told me to stop at stop signs, always have my drivers licence and to have a good night.

I was in disbelief. My friend and I giggled like little kids the whole ride home. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/cirquemacabre/emot-downs.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/cirquemacabre/emot-downs.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/cirquemacabre/emot-downs.gif

Gren the cake
02-15-2005, 07:08 PM
after getting my permit i took my first behidn the wheel, here in CA ur permit is not valid until you take it

so pretty much it ook that and that was it. i didnt drive anymore

then like 4 months later iwas like 'aw shit im turning 16 soon' so i started driving with my dad. i took the next 2 clases, the 1 right before the test so i got everything perfect

anyway, we'd go driving to walmart and henrys all the time and it was cool cuz we'd always buy shit lol :)

DraculaInDallas
02-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
I remember I learned by driving in a big ass circle for hour's everyday, with my Grandpa sitting next to me yelling......I had to get good real quick to get rid of him. Old men yelling stresses me out:mad:

LMAO!!!!!!! the first lady of NASCAR, driving in circles....:D

Gren the cake
02-15-2005, 08:44 PM
a few months ago i got pulled over for drunk driving. yeh, i dont drink, but thats what he thought was going on

2 saturdays ago i was exittting too fast and skid, over corrected. lasted 5-7 seconds. was either right into the mountain or left off the mountain. that wouldve been nasty. was a neat expereience, i didnt scream i just.. took care of it.

kinda scary cuz.. i went out that night with an amazing guy, and the whole time i was thinking 'there couldve been a very good chance i woudnt be here.. at all'

ya know?? freaky... thats the first time since ive gotten my license (been 4 years now) anything like that has ever happened to me

MisterSadistro
02-16-2005, 12:17 AM
This is a boring topic, BR. If she somehow shows up in Chicago, I'll be more than happy to give her directions back home. Next ! LOL
CK

AUSTIN316426808
02-16-2005, 04:24 AM
one of my friends taught me how to drive when I was 15, we used to ''borrow'' his dad's car at night and go joy riding when we were bored.

Vodstok
02-16-2005, 04:47 AM
My dad taught me how to drive when i was 17, in a big parking lot in front of my high school.

I was driving down a stretch of road that lead to the parking lot, and there was a woman in jogging shiorts and a halter top walking dogs...

My dad said i could look later, watch the road....:)

tachii
02-16-2005, 06:03 AM
i didn't get my license until i was 20 just didn't care about driving until i realized i was necessary

learned at night driving around the neighborhood because the plate was expired and the car had no insurance, it was fun though

urgeok
02-16-2005, 06:09 AM
my fucking cheap ass parents wouldnt let me even borrow the car for a driving test - i had to rent one.
they never took me once out to learn to drive.

assholes

tachii
02-16-2005, 06:16 AM
you tell them!

my mom keeps bugging me about getting my own car because she is tired of lending me hers. i don't even have enough set aside yet, been working for two months and she still keeps pestering me

bloodrayne
02-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
This is a boring topic, BR. If she somehow shows up in Chicago, I'll be more than happy to give her directions back home. Next ! LOL
CK Well..It's EXCITING for US :p .....Anyway...Last night she drove a different car, so that she could see how steering, acceleration and brakes are different in every vehicle, and that you have to kinda adjust each time you change vehicles...It was no surprise that she was hitting the brakes harder, making wider turns, and taking longer to accelerate at stops...AND that she kept complaining that she liked the first car (that she has now gotten used to) better...I'm trying to get her to drive the truck, but she's refusing...lol

My stepfather taught me how to drive...sorta.......My mother had bought me a '74 Camaro LT as a graduation present...My stepfather told me to get in...He got in on the passenger side and handed me the keys...Then he said "Drive"...I lived near narrow, twisty, country roads...So...I had to learn pretty fast...Almost took out a tree in a downhill curve, because I was going too fast..That was my first night...I got better after that...lol

Sooo...That's pretty much how I'm teaching Wicked Lady to drive...Except that she's got relatively straight streets and highways...BUT she has to deal with more traffic...Not as much as she will when she goes out in the daytime though...Right now she's only driving at night...

AUSTIN316426808
02-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
'74 Camaro LT

one of my friends has one of those, nice car.

bloodrayne
02-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
one of my friends has one of those, nice car. Thanks...I loved it...It was a red one...Actually, I think it spawned an addiction...My second car was a black '78 Camaro Berlinetta...and my third car was a red '79 Camaro Z28........Then I somehow ended up getting a '75 Nova Fastback...Red with a Black top.....Then an Impala, a Chevelle......Nothing but Chevys until I had kids...Then I got a Chevy Celebrity Stationwagon...lol...It's been Fords since then, as I now just get whatever I can afford (Gotta Ford Taurus Stationwagon sitting in the driveway that needs a transmission, it seems you can't drive them without one...lol...I'm getting rid of that car, I am NOT paying $1500 for a transmission...I can get another car for that :rolleyes:, and the truck is a Ford, too...But it runs just fine)...I just bought a Buick Regal and a Ford Taurus 2 weeks ago...Those are the cars that I'm teaching Wicked Lady to drive in...

newb
02-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Its a great feeling of independence for the new driver but kind of a double edged sword for the parent. On the one hand you worry like hell when their out crusin around but if they don't get out and drive, they will never learn. I guess its more of a catch-22.

My first car was a 1968 Buick Electra convertible.Next I had a 1974 Mercury Cougar......then I got married and had kids.....so the next vehicle was a station wagon followed by a mini-van. :(

Gren the cake
02-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
my fucking cheap ass parents wouldnt let me even borrow the car for a driving test - i had to rent one.
they never took me once out to learn to drive.

assholes
that is fuckin sad LOL

i knew of a girl where the parents refused to teach her to drive, thy were so scared. so they spent a couple thousand with like 50 some odd lessons with a driving schooll

fuckin morons LOL

bloodrayne
02-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by newb
Its a great feeling of independence for the new driver but kind of a double edged sword for the parent. On the one hand you worry like hell when thier out crusin around but if they don't get out and drive, they will never learn. I guess its more of a catch-22.

My first car was a 1968 Buick Electra convertible.Next I had a 1974 Mercury Cougar......then I got married and had kids.....so the next vehicle was a station wagon followed by a mini-van. :( LMAO...Sounds SOOO familiar.......Life happens... :D

meetthecreeper
02-16-2005, 04:58 PM
I learned to drive at 12 on a International Harvester tractor, cutting hayfields on my grandfathers dairyfarm.

First street vehicle I drove was at 14, 1969 GMC pick up, 3 on the tree, stick shift for those not in the know. When you live in the styx you drive when you can see over the dashboard. Lucky if you see another vehicle.

First car 55 chevy 4 door, rust bucket, parts fell off as I drove after that heres the list.

1973 Dodge Charger
1979 Ford F250 4x4
1970 Javelin SST
1972 Datsun 260 Z
1987 Ford Ranger 4x4
1980 Lincoln Town car
1990 Jeep Wrangler
1979 Jeep CJ-7
1979 Jeep CHerokee Chief
1979 Harley Davidson lowrider
1984,1989,1993 Chevy cavaliers
*1988 Honda accord*
1979,1982 Chevy Caprice
1981 Nissan 200SX
1979 CHevy Corvette
*1991 Chevy Blazer K5*
1992 Ford F150 4x4
1997 GMC K3500
*1998,2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport*
1972 Dodge Sportsman motorhome
*Sandrail dragster*
*2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn addition*
*1949,1950 Chevrolet styline coupes*
*1972 International Harvester*

Yea I have had alot of vehicles, thats car guys for ya, the ones with stars are current, and I dont remember a time in the past 15 years that I have had less than 5 vehicles at my house, some in driving condition some not.

massacre man
02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
*pulls out ax* *steals car* *learns to drive*

nine9
02-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Never learned how to drive................:(

My mom never drove, and we didn't have a car to learn with. Not enough money ever for lessons then, and I wouldn't have had the money to buy a car and insure it.

Maybe when I am retired or something years from now. :rolleyes:

massacre man
02-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by nine9
Never learned how to drive................:(

My mom never drove, and we didn't have a car to learn with. Not enough money ever for lessons then, and I wouldn't have had the money to buy a car and insure it.

Maybe when I am retired or something years from now. :rolleyes: http://bike.hampshire.edu/development/summary/images/copenhagen_bike_draw.gif