PDA

View Full Version : Good Romance

Vodstok
02-14-2005, 06:11 AM
Okay, cheesiness aside, what are the most romantic things you have done?

My record was last year when i proposed to Bree. We were in Boston, it was her 22nd birthday. We went to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. We always eat at the little indoor(but looks outdorr) bistro next to the gift shop. We were getting hungry, and i knew i wouldnt be able to eat if i didnt ask her beforehand.

i had planned on doing it right in fron t of the palce, but Bree hates being in front of lots of people and i didnt think she would appreciate me making her cry in front of a museum.

So we were getting hungry, and very hot, so we found a little place with air conditioning. On the first floor, away fromthe Egypt exhibits, they have a couple of air-conditioned rooms, one with Instruments, and the other had a shitload of etchings. I took her in there and waited for the last few people to filter out.

once we were alone, we were sitting on a padded bench in front of a 6 part etching from Jacques Callot called "The Siege of LaRochelle" and i asked her to marry me.

I was so nervous, i put the ring on her index finger.... She started crying and said yes and we sat there for a while, until she composed herself, then we went to lunch.

I took her shopping, and then we went on a horse-drawn carriage ride before leaving Boston.

She shared that with the funriture manager at BigLots when we were buying our furniture for our house and the lady almost started crying...:D

Hate_Breeder
02-14-2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Okay, cheesiness aside, what are the most romantic things you have done?

My record was last year when i proposed to Bree. We were in Boston, it was her 22nd birthday. We went to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. We always eat at the little indoor(but looks outdorr) bistro next to the gift shop. We were getting hungry, and i knew i wouldnt be able to eat if i didnt ask her beforehand.

i had planned on doing it right in fron t of the palce, but Bree hates being in front of lots of people and i didnt think she would appreciate me making her cry in front of a museum.

So we were getting hungry, and very hot, so we found a little place with air conditioning. On the first floor, away fromthe Egypt exhibits, they have a couple of air-conditioned rooms, one with Instruments, and the other had a shitload of etchings. I took her in there and waited for the last few people to filter out.

once we were alone, we were sitting on a padded bench in front of a 6 part etching from Jacques Callot called "The Siege of LaRochelle" and i asked her to marry me.

I was so nervous, i put the ring on her index finger.... She started crying and said yes and we sat there for a while, until she composed herself, then we went to lunch.

I took her shopping, and then we went on a horse-drawn carriage ride before leaving Boston.

She shared that with the funriture manager at BigLots when we were buying our furniture for our house and the lady almost started crying...:D

Well Vod, Im sure you achieved making every male on this forum look like a douche lol...

Vodstok
02-14-2005, 06:16 AM
Then my work here is done. Muahahahahahahahaha!

Hate_Breeder
02-14-2005, 06:18 AM
:(

urgeok
02-14-2005, 06:19 AM
i bought a girlfriend a smurf once ...for her birthday

she isnt the type of girl you would buy a smurf for - i'm not the kind of guy who would buy one.

so when she unwapped it and saw it she looked like she just anally passed a watermelon.

So i said 'you don't like it ? FINE !!!' and grabbed it back and ripped the head off of it ...she looked totally freaked out (because it was completely out of character)

before hand i had cut the smurfs neck and shoved a ring in there, then sewed it back up.

When i handed the decapitated smurf back to her she saw the ring and was thrilled ..

We spent the next few hours shooting down the balloons (from her party the night before) with an air pistol while my cat played with the smurf head.

The cat played with the head for a couple of years after that.

urgeok
02-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Well Vod, Im sure you achieved making every male on this forum look like a douche lol...

i like to think that i'm the reason why douches are needed :D

Vodstok
02-14-2005, 06:20 AM
That is one o fthe funniest things i have read in a while, urge....:D

Hate_Breeder
02-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
i bought a girlfriend a smurf once ...for her birthday

ahe isnt the type of girl you would buy a smurf for - i'm not the kind of guy who would buy one.

so when she unwapped it and saw it she looked like she just anally passed a watermelon.

So i said 'you don't like it ? FINE !!!' and grabbed it back and ripped the head off of it ...she looked totally freaked out (because it was completely out of character)

before hand i had cut the smurfs neck and shoved a ring in there, then sewed it back up.

When i handed the decapitated smurf back to her she saw the ring and was thrilled ..

We spent the next few hours shooting down the balloons (from her party the night before) with an air pistol while my cat played with the smurf head.

The cat played with the head for a couple of years after that.

Thats awesome Urg....although the anally passed watermelon line kinda ruined the story hahahah

urgeok
02-14-2005, 06:21 AM
That is one o fthe funniest things i have read in a while, urge....:D

not very romantic though ... but thats about the best i can do

Vodstok
02-14-2005, 07:01 AM
i like to think that i'm the reason why douches are needed :D You make women the world over smell like fish? Man, you are busy. And disgusting....

urgeok
02-14-2005, 07:02 AM
You make women the world over smell like fish? Man, you are busy. And disgusting....

let the truth be said .. a girl NEVER smells like fish - until after a guys been there.

some things keep better in a freezer, than an oven :D

The_Return
02-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Ah...you guys are always good for a laugh:)

Dont think Ive ever laughed out loud at a thread before :D

Back on topic, Im not a romantic person:D

newb
02-14-2005, 07:26 AM
The most romantic thing I've done lately is purchase Smart Spin over the internet behind my wifes back. If you ever had to deal with a drawer stuffed with tupperware, you would appreciate this modern wonder. All 49 pcs fit nicely in one spinning carousel and all the covers fit each container. My wife is gonna be so happy..........perhaps I might just get some.:D

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/images/SmartSpin-Logo.jpg

urgeok
02-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by newb
The most romantic thing I've done lately is purchase Smart Spin over the internet behind my wifes back. If you ever had to deal with a drawer stuffed with tupperware, you would appreciate this modern wonder. All 49 pcs fit nicely in one spinning carousel and all the covers fit each container. My wife is gonna be so happy..........perhaps I might just get some.:D

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/images/SmartSpin-Logo.jpg

wow, if you really want to seal the deal, go out and get her that power sander you always wanted :D

newb
02-14-2005, 07:56 AM
wow, if you really want to seal the deal, go out and get her that power sander you always wanted :D

Or I could be real romantic and get her the Anal Intruder.

http://www.feestvierders.com/images/3000000140%20Anal%20Intruder%20kit.jpg

urgeok
02-14-2005, 08:00 AM
every household should have one !!

bloodrayne
02-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Good Romance...That's an oxymoron...lol

Okay...How about...Doing it all night long in a bed covered with red satin sheets, and a black velvet cover...With the entire bed surrounded by candles...and Hotel California playing over and over again?......Is THAT 'romantic'?...We thought it felt a little 'satanic'...:D :p

Hmm...Is naked in the woods, in the pouring rain, on the hood of a Camaro considered 'romantic'?....

How about in the cemetary on Halloween, at midnight?

Maybe I just don't quite 'get' this 'ROMANCE' thing...

Oh well...I'm still having fun ;)

urgeok
02-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne

Hmm...Is naked in the woods, in the pouring rain, on the hood of a Camaro considered 'romantic'?....

WTF ???
are you reading my emails ??

bloodrayne
02-14-2005, 10:42 AM
WTF ???
are you reading my emails ?? LMAO...That was YOU?!.....*giggles*

urgeok
02-14-2005, 10:46 AM
LMAO...That was YOU?!.....*giggles*

well, i wasnt car specific but every other detail is a long time fantasy ..

that and the asian twin bisexual contortionists

bloodrayne
02-14-2005, 11:10 AM
well, i wasnt car specific but every other detail is a long time fantasy ..

that and the asian twin bisexual contortionists Oh....Just a "fantasy" huh?...Well in that case...It WASN'T you...Besides...It was years ago....BTW...If you ever manage to turn that one into a reality....Be sure to notice how your body steams in the moonlight, because the rain is cold and your dripping wet, naked skin is hot...Also...Don't be concerned about her freezing her boobs off on the cold, wet metal of the hood when you bend her over onto it, if you do your part right, she'll heat it up real quick and won't even notice it...Make sure to make a detailed memory of the rain dripping from your partner's soaked hair...and the way the screams echo through the trees, mixing with the sounds of the rain...Your bare feet on wet leaves, twigs, and mud will also make a lasting impression;)...

OHH...And a Camaro has a long, low hood :)

urgeok
02-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Oh....Just a "fantasy" huh?...Well in that case...It WASN'T you...Besides...It was years ago....BTW...If you ever manage to turn that one into a reality....Be sure to notice how your body steams in the moonlight, because the rain is cold and your dripping wet, naked skin is hot...Also...Don't be concerned about her freezing her boobs off on the cold, wet metal of the hood when you bend her over onto it, if you do your part right, she'll heat it up real quick and won't even notice it...Make sure to make a detailed memory of the rain dripping from your partner's soaked hair...and the way the screams echo through the trees, mixing with the sounds of the rain...Your bare feet on wet leaves, twigs, and mud will also make a lasting impression;)...

OHH...And a Camaro has a long, low hood :)

i was thinking about the roof of the family van ... probably get hit by lightning and break our necks when we fall off ...

bloodrayne
02-14-2005, 11:32 AM
i was thinking about the roof of the family van ... probably get hit by lightning and break our necks when we fall off ... LOL...I'm trying really hard to preserve the awesomeness of my memory without allowing it to be tainted by your 'Schleprock' attitude....Hmm...I wonder how many people will get THAT reference...

urgeok
02-14-2005, 11:34 AM
LOL...I'm trying really hard to preserve the awesomeness of my memory without allowing it to be tainted by your 'Schleprock' attitude....Hmm...I wonder how many people will get THAT reference...

any flinstones fan

.. i thought you'd use a 'weirdly gruesome' reference first though :)

bloodrayne
02-14-2005, 11:38 AM
any flinstones fan

.. i thought you'd use a 'weirdly gruesome' reference first though :) Hmm...'Weirdly' and 'Gruesome'...Weren't those the names of some of the 'Addams Family type' neighbors that The Flinstones had at one point?...I think they had a pet purple octupus type thing, too...

urgeok
02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Hmm...'Weirdly' and 'Gruesome'...Weren't those the names of some of the 'Addams Family type' neighbors that The Flinstones had at one point?...I think they had a pet purple octupus type thing, too...

that was the fathers name .. Weirdly Gruesome..

he always had a raincloud over him ...

bloodrayne
02-14-2005, 11:50 AM
that was the fathers name .. Weirdly Gruesome..

he always had a raincloud over him ... Schleprock always had a raincloud over him...Because of his horrible luck...And...I really think he was a stoneage stoner...lol..."Wowzy Wowzy Woo Woo"...lol

AUSTIN316426808
02-14-2005, 11:50 AM
'Schleprock' attitude....Hmm...I wonder how many people will get THAT reference...

isn't that a band?

urgeok
02-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Schleprock always had a raincloud over him...Because of his horrible luck...And...I really think he was a stoneage stoner...lol..."Wowzy Wowzy Woo Woo"...lol

oops sorry, mixed up the two

hahahaha i remember that 'wowzy..wowzy ..etc :)

bloodrayne
02-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
isn't that a band? Hmm..I would say that's a distinct possibilty...Although, I am unaware of that...

urgeok
02-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Hmm..I would say that's a distinct possibilty...Although, I am unaware of that...

screaming blue messiahs

I wanna be a flinstone :)

bloodrayne
02-14-2005, 12:36 PM
screaming blue messiahs

I wanna be a flinstone :) LOL...Now I have the Weird Al 'Bedrock Anthem' video playing in my head...Thanks so much...

urgeok
02-14-2005, 12:45 PM
and i'm spent ...

mission accomplished :)