u should check out these czu they r good oones
evil dead
evil dead 2
army of darkness
halloween
halloween 2
halloween 4
halloween 6
(if u r a fan of the series like me u shood see 5,7,8)
friday the 13th 2
friday the 13th 3
friday the 13th 4
friday the 13th 6
friday the 13th 7
jason goes to hell
freddy vs jason
nightmare on elm street
nightmare on elm street 3
nightmare on elm street 7/wes cravens new nightmare
texas chainsaw massacre
texas chainsaw massacre 2
final destination
final destination 2
SOME U MAY WANNA SEE THEY AINT GREAT BUT THERE OK
candyman
candyman 2
friday the 13th 1
friday the 13th 8
jason x
bride of chucky
PLEASE POST SOME U WANT TO ADD TO EITHER LIST
I NO THAT I AM FORGETTIN SOME

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Come on, is Jason Goes to Hell really must see? LOL. I can dig some of the rest on your list though.

allmykids
11-15-2003, 06:46 PM
phantasm, it, night of the living dead,967-evil.

FreddyFan
11-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Here's some

The Excorcist
The Amityville Horror
Pet Semetary

There's some must sees for ya.

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by allmykids
phantasm, it, night of the living dead,967-evil.

976-EVIL hmm? I thought that film was pitiful, that's just my opinion though. I mean, Robert Englund should stick to what he's good at.

I agree with the others though.

allmykids
11-15-2003, 06:51 PM
come on i loved 967-evil. but then i'm a little off!! hell come to think of it i'm a lot off!!!

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by allmykids
come on i loved 967-evil. but then i'm a little off!! hell come to think of it i'm a lot off!!!

LOL. I just expected a better horror flick with Freddy Freakin' Krueger directing it.

ShamSham04
11-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Friday The 13th
Friday The 13th Part 2
Halloween
Halloween 2
Halloween: H20
Scream
I Know What You Did Last Summer
The Shining
Wrong Turn
Night Of The Living Dead (1968)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
The Exorcist
Child's Play
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Freddy Vs. Jason
If I Die Before I Wake
Psycho (1960)
The Omen
Final Destination
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
Frankenstein
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 3
An American Werewolf In Paris
Jeepers Creepers

Those are a few...hehe.

ShamSham04
11-15-2003, 07:10 PM
A few more...

Hellraiser
Hellraiser: Bloodline
Hellraiser 2: Hellbound
The Evil Dead
Sisters Of Death
Urban Legend
Dolls

Oh, and make sure you check out Killjoy, Ax 'Em, and Kracker Jacked. http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/otn/realhappy/mhihi.gif

avenger00soul
11-16-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by ShamSham04

Those are a few...hehe.

IN PARIS??????????????:confused: Please tell me that was a typo.

ShamSham04
11-16-2003, 07:15 AM
No.

MichaelMyers
11-16-2003, 07:25 AM
"Frogs". :p

massacre man
11-16-2003, 07:39 AM
the only reason i sed jason goes to hell cuz it kinda lets u no there will be a freddy vs jason

(but how did jason masks come off if it wuz like all stuck to his face in part 9)

mudsliptones
11-16-2003, 11:10 AM
why not nightmare on elm street4, that one kicked ass, Rick, you little meatball

and peter jacksons bad taste and braindead (or dead alive)

Ritualistic
11-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
976-EVIL hmm? I thought that film was pitiful, that's just my opinion though. I mean, Robert Englund should stick to what he's good at.

I agree with the others though.

HOly fuck... !!!! 976-EVIL does suck... but I still watch it every now and then.... LOL

mudsliptones
11-16-2003, 11:37 AM
I saw that movie about 7 years ago, I didn't liked it, only thing I rememeber was the fucked up house at the end, the raining rocks and the exploding phonecell

blackace
11-16-2003, 11:59 AM
I thought 976-EVIL was a very good movie. Dolls WOW I haven't seen that in ages. That is also a classic. GREAT FLICK!

How about I Spit On Your Grave. I thought it was pretty good. The best part is when the girl bites off the guy's pecker. OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHH. That hurt when I saw it.

Sleepaway Camp
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Re-Animator
Witchtrap
Return of the Living Dead
Night of the Demons

By the way what does IMO mean.

mudsliptones
11-16-2003, 12:01 PM
ow yeah, return of the living dead is a great movie
funny as hell
heheheh
I love it
it has allmost all the cliches of zombie movies and nice catchphrases

send more paramedics:D

massacre man
11-16-2003, 12:23 PM
the only reason i didnt put noes 4 on it iz cuz i aint seen it i cant find anywhere

avenger00soul
11-16-2003, 02:25 PM
No.

"No" as in you meant to write Paris? Wow, that movie sucked. But what kills me is you didn't put the original on your list. What's up with that?

Sick_As_Fuck
11-16-2003, 05:59 PM
IMO a few horror must-sees are "Nightmare On Elm Street", "Halloween", "Pet Semetary", "Candy Man", "Scream", "Night of the Living Dead (1990)", "It", and "The Shining".

Arioch
11-16-2003, 07:28 PM
IN PARIS?????????????? Please tell me that was a typo.
agreed. The original owns this movie (see theater scene)
I know what u did last summer?:rolleyes:
ok those are the only atrocites on here so far. Besides frogs lol.

Are Crime/Horror not included? if they are then u guys gotta add the SOTL, Seven, and American Psycho

Couple john carpenter greats- fog(maybe just a fav of mine), prince of darkness (a little clitched but great ending) christine (pretty good, owns if ur into cars) and of course THE THING!

Dyvim Tyvar
11-17-2003, 12:06 AM
I think that a good horror/SciFi movie that a lot of people just dont mention for some reason would be Event Horizon. It was a good movie. Aslo i would have to say The Outer limits (The Movie) was a fun horrow flick.

mudsliptones
11-17-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
IMO a few horror must-sees are "Nightmare On Elm Street", "Halloween", "Pet Semetary", "Candy Man", "Scream", "Night of the Living Dead (1990)", "It", and "The Shining".

the original night of the living dead is a must see to dude, it's the godfather from the zombiemovies
it's pretty good for such an old movie
there comming to get you barbara

they're running the shining miniseries here on TV now, it's actually pretty good
if it wasn't for jack nicholson it would be better then the movie lol

Arioch
11-17-2003, 01:43 AM
if it wasn't for jack nicholson it would be better then the movie lol

Thats for damn sure. And the lady in the tube is way scarier in the miniseries. I want a poster of that girl.:eek:

mudsliptones
11-17-2003, 01:46 AM
well, I did see the whole srries once on tape from the video store, but that's been a few years, and now I saw it up till the wasp part, with the nest in docs bedroom
so, I don't know how the girl looked anymore
lol
I wanted to keep them on tape, but with the 2nd episode somehow the reception got screwed up so the image isn't verry good, all flashing and shit
damn

ShamSham04
11-17-2003, 04:06 AM
"No" as in you meant to write Paris? Wow, that movie sucked. But what kills me is you didn't put the original on your list. What's up with that?

I enjoyed An American Werewolf In Paris very much.

I haven't seen An American Werewolf In London.

avenger00soul
11-17-2003, 06:02 AM
I enjoyed An American Werewolf In Paris very much.

I haven't seen An American Werewolf In London.

Damn, you'll love "London" then.

baelinfang
11-17-2003, 08:05 AM
You are all telling me that none of you thought House of 1000 Corpses was good, or 28 days Later?

ChaoticMinister
11-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by baelinfang
You are all telling me that none of you thought House of 1000 Corpses was good, or 28 days Later?

Perhaps good, but maybe not "must-see" quality. I liked the movies a lot, but they might be a bit too "contemporary" for some. Who knows?

I'd agree with many of these movies, and think a nice feature of this site would be a "Guide for Horror Buffs;" y'know, something along the lines of a textbook for Horror fans (less opinions, more facts and data on Horror as an artform)

*FADE OUT*

Killer Clown#1
11-17-2003, 11:50 AM
Killer Klowns from Outer Space, The Thing, Puppet Master 1-5, House of 1000 corpses, FvJ, Friday the 13th 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,10, Immune. Just to name a few

massacre man
11-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
Perhaps good, but maybe not "must-see" quality. I liked the movies a lot, but they might be a bit too "contemporary" for some. Who knows?

I'd agree with many of these movies, and think a nice feature of this site would be a "Guide for Horror Buffs;" y'know, something along the lines of a textbook for Horror fans (less opinions, more facts and data on Horror as an artform)

*FADE OUT*

i havea question y do u always finish each reply with*FADE OUT*
no offence just curious?

_Leatha_Face_
11-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by massacre man
i havea question y do u always finish each reply with*FADE OUT*
no offence just curious? LOL ive been wondering the same thing

Arioch
11-17-2003, 01:47 PM
Its his still guys

Arioch
11-17-2003, 01:48 PM
*style

crazy clown
11-17-2003, 03:23 PM
nightmare on elm street 1 (2 is a piece of shit) 3 4 ?5? 6 7, friday the thirteenth 1 3 4 and 6, it, halloween 1 2 4 6 childs play 1 and 2. evil dead all.

just to name a few.

massacre man
11-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Friday The 13th
Friday The 13th Part 2
Halloween
Halloween 2
Scream
The Shining
Wrong Turn
The Exorcist
Child's Play
Freddy Vs. Jason
If I Die Before I Wake
Psycho (1960)
The Omen
Final Destination
Frankenstein
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 3
Jeepers Creepers

Those are a few...hehe.
i wanna see in london i fell sleep durin in paris

FangoFan
11-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Some more must haves:

Creepshow
Creepshow 2
The Thing
The Hills Have Eyes
The Last House On The Left
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Killer Klowns From Outerspace
Wishmaster
Carrie
Pumpkinhead
Cronos
Subspecies
Maniac
Maniac Cop
People Under The Stairs
Serpent And The Rainbow

crazy clown
11-17-2003, 04:24 PM
i like nightbreed. in my opinion barker's best film.

Ritualistic
11-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Nekromantik 1 & 2
Rabid Grannies
City of the Living Dead
Mother`s Day
Madman
Black Christmas
The New York Ripper
The Brain that Wouldnt Die

anyone here ever seen "eraserhead'?? great short flick...

avenger00soul
11-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by baelinfang

I agree, with some of the films that are labeled "must-see" in this thread, by holy hell these qualify.

vera-icon
11-17-2003, 08:18 PM
i saw An American Werewolf in Paris on my first date with my now ex husband... perhaps that was an omen? LOL London is by far the better of the two films... didn't Rick Baker win an Oscar for that?
Anyhoo i might have missed it in a previous reply, but in case i didn't.... what about Cemetary Man? or Zombie? or Poltergeist? lol

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-17-2003, 08:40 PM
I know its going to sound a little general...But I think all Horror movies are a must see...Like I've said before I can usually always find a scene or part I like in every horror flick. Besides if it sucks it sucks...now you know and you can truely say it sucked because you've seen it. What you think sucks and would not promote to others, might be a great peice of work to someone else. ;)

vera-icon
11-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by SoUl SuRvIvOrS
I know its going to sound a little general...But I think all Horror movies are a must see...Like I've said before I can usually always find a scene or part I like in every horror flick. Besides if it sucks it sucks...now you know and you can truely say it sucked because you've seen it. What you think sucks and would not promote to others, might be a great peice of work to someone else. ;)

Well said!! :)

avenger00soul
11-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by vera-icon
i saw An American Werewolf in Paris on my first date with my now ex husband... perhaps that was an omen? LOL London is by far the better of the two films... didn't Rick Baker win an Oscar for that?
Anyhoo i might have missed it in a previous reply, but in case i didn't.... what about Cemetary Man? or Zombie? or Poltergeist? lol

OOOOOOHHHHHH Cemetary Man. Good one. Why in the blue hell is this not on DVD in the states????????:confused:

crazy clown
11-18-2003, 05:46 PM
i may have missed this but has anyone mentioned the phantasm movies. all must sees

Mentos
11-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Come on, is Jason Goes to Hell really must see? LOL. I can dig some of the rest on your list though.

I agree with his list. All Friday the 13th movies are must sees for any horror fan no matter how retarded they are. Jason goes to hell autimaticall Assumes the viewers are mentally challenged. But the deaths are kick ass.

Halloween 4 is my favourite horror movie of all time. The first movie that scared the living hell out of me, Michael was perfect in this one, The dream scene with Jamie was horrifying for me as a 4 year old child haha.

crazy clown
11-23-2003, 01:11 PM
yea halloween 4 was good but the 6th one was better. mike was so evil.

nightbreed
11-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Friday The 13th
Friday The 13th Part 2
Halloween
Halloween 2
Scream
The Shining
Wrong Turn
The Exorcist
Child's Play
Freddy Vs. Jason
If I Die Before I Wake
Psycho (1960)
The Omen
Final Destination
Frankenstein
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 3
Jeepers Creepers

Those are a few...hehe.

american werewolf in paris? are you shitting me? that movie nearly brought the deathblow the the werewolf genre. That movie should be stricken from the record.

ShamSham04
11-26-2003, 12:10 PM
What is the big freaking deal? I enjoyed the movie, and I think everyone out there should give it a chance.

What the crackers is so freaking bad about that movie? Put aside the cheesy dialogue and corny acting and you get a great werewolf film.

graveambitions
11-28-2003, 05:55 AM
This is almost sad. No one has mentioned any of the original stuff like Legosi's Dracula or any of the silent films like Nosferatu or Caligari. No one has mentioned the goldmine of cheesy 50's - 60's giant monster movies. No one's mention almost anything foreign. The Italians are some of the best horror (or at least gorey) film makers ever and have inspired most of those hollywood directors. The Japanese? Come' on! Some of the creepiest movies ever come from Japan. Theres more than Ringu. (Well for one there's a sequal and a prequil. I've never seen either). Check out Audition, or Evil Dead Trap, or the Black House, or Pulse. Sure almost everything mentioned before my post was good, but ya'll only have the tip of the iceburg there.

nightbreed
11-28-2003, 10:50 PM
What is the big freaking deal? I enjoyed the movie, and I think everyone out there should give it a chance.

What the crackers is so freaking bad about that movie? Put aside the cheesy dialogue and corny acting and you get a great werewolf film.

FUCK i say again FUCK THAT MOVIE. did you even look at the werewolves? seriously being an werewolf purist, and having seen what rick baker did in London, i was HIGHLY appauled by that fruity ass cg muppet looking shit they pulled. They stuck out of the background like Michael jackson at a daycare center. I know ravers scarier than that shit. Also they broke all the rules. "eat a the werewolfs heart who turned you and reverse the process.." WTF was that? Thats the thing that made London so dope. There was no happy ending. Not only does he not get the girl but he fucking dies. A cult of french werewolves? Ohhhhhhhhhh ze Fransh werewulves ahre comeeing, run fer youhr livze! gag gay gay.

But i can agree with you when you say that without the cheesy plot, bad acting, terrible humor, terrible FX, terrible dialog, predictable/ pg13 ending, zero character development, and the utter bastardizment of the first film, then yes you have a great werewolf film.

ShamSham04
12-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Sorry you were disappointed with the movie. I still enjoyed it and nothing will change that.

Oh, for future references, I HAVEN'T SEEN LONDON!!! Thanks for the spoiler warning!!!!

avenger00soul
12-03-2003, 03:23 PM

Maybe when you see London you will have a new outlook on Paris.

Midgard Dragon
12-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Poltergeist (excluding the sequels)

Carrie and (have any of you seen this?) Carrie 2 (not the remake of the original, but the sequel)

Most of the Hellraisers

The Ring and Ringu

28 Days Later

House of 1000 Corpses

Jeepers Creepers

Final Destination 1 & 2

Can't think of anymore right now...

HappyCamper
12-24-2003, 10:45 AM
The Omen Trilogy
Evil Dead
Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn
Army of Darkness
Halloween
Halloween 2
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
28 Days Later (i know i'm going to get shit for this)
Jacob's Ladder
The Exorcist
The Lost Boys
Vampire Hunters
Dog Soldiers
Dead Alive
Bad Taste
Near Dark

i know there's more, I just can't think of them right now

HappyCamper
12-24-2003, 10:47 AM
oh and 'Manhunter' it's way creepier than 'Silence of the Lambs'

Leslie Daher
12-27-2003, 08:32 PM
must sees for me....
the hitcher, wrong turn, the blob (1987), identity, willard, night of the creeps, night of the demons, trick or treat, ANOES 1&3, the ugly, bruiser, valentine, fright night, sleep away camp trilogy, friday prt4, hellraiser 3, prom night, maximum overdrive, the shining, demon knight, and most anything made by john carpenter.... of course the one the only the immortal classic HALLOWEEN1&2
:D :D :D :D :D
now, i know i can like some cheesy stuff so feel free to make fun....as for wolf movies i've always liked silver bullet.....a movie that just stunk IMO having to do w/ werewolves....that one with jack nicholson and michelle however you spell her last name*gag* hated it!

never knew there was a sequel to carrie unless you're talking about carrie2: the rage or as i've re-named it carrie2: A LOVE STORY (it soooo sucked hairy sweaty donkey ass compared to the original!)

Bub
12-28-2003, 04:48 AM
ello :D first post, just had to add my list.

Cannibal Holocaust Uncut
Evil Dead 1+2
Ringu
The Shining
Junk
Night/Dawn/Day Of The Living Dead
City Of The Living Dead
Return of the Living Dead 1+3
Cabin Fever
Halloween 1+2
Dead Alive
From Beyond
Eraserhead
Re-Animator
Bad Taste (though you will feel mentaly abused afterwards)
Brain Damage
The Thing
Repulsion
Zombie Flesh Eaters
28 Days Later
Body Melt
Audition
The Hills Have Eyes

I love all these movies, probably more than I should and still be allowed out on my own.

Great board btw

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 05:50 AM
ay ay ay...so much reading, stop me if this has been said before but how about the thing? blair witch project? nosferatu and house on haunted hill, jeepers creepers even...

ds_spoon
12-28-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
The Omen Trilogy
Evil Dead
Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn
Army of Darkness
Halloween
Halloween 2
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
28 Days Later (i know i'm going to get shit for this)
Jacob's Ladder
The Exorcist
The Lost Boys
Vampire Hunters
Dog Soldiers
Dead Alive
Bad Taste
Near Dark

i know there's more, I just can't think of them right now
thats quite a good list its got evil dead 1/2, 28 days later the lost boys, halloween 1/2

its a shame theres no f13 films:(

Satanic~Heaven
12-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Cradle Of Fear

Javyn
01-04-2004, 11:51 PM
How about the Hellraiser where they are in space? Hellraiser: In Space or whatever it's called. Ok, so it wasn't great for a Hellraiser film, but I really dig the Succubus. She was hot, and wicked with those claws! I wouldn't mind seeing a film just about her, or a character like her. We need some new kinds of demons to watch. Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, and Psychos are getting boring. Bring on the Succubi!

AcidOsmosis
01-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
Killer Klowns from Outer Space, The Thing, Puppet Master 1-5, House of 1000 corpses, FvJ, Friday the 13th 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,10, Immune. Just to name a few

Ha! Yea baby, Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Always been a fan of that movie. It is definately a classic. I remember watching it in college a few years ago with this chic. We were both high. Remember the scene where the clowns are walking out of the spaceship? That scene seemed to last 15 minutes long. They were walking soooo slow. LoL.