PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Frame?

Yasashii
02-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Besides Resident Evil, Fatal Frame was a pretty scary game for me...the way the music is, the art, the effects, even the plot and how things are set up.
Anyone else played it?

horror_master
02-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Yasashii
Besides Resident Evil, Fatal Frame was a pretty scary game for me...the way the music is, the art, the effects, even the plot and how things are set up.
Anyone else played it?

I played I didn't like that much becuase it took up too much memory. LAso it wasn't that intersting. Also wasn't it based on a ture event?

Yasashii
04-19-2006, 04:44 AM
I don't know. The tagline of the title says 'Based on a true story' but on it's original japanese cover it doesn't have that...American's might've added that? But yeah i guess some fans have debates on whether it's based on a true story or not.

noctuary
04-19-2006, 05:33 AM
I like the Fatal Frame series very much. The original is probably the only game that's ever managed to actually scare me. I can't wait to play the third one.

Yasashii
04-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Finally somebody who likes this series. I love it too, what's your favorite one so far..? I loved fatal frame 2 the most. And I own fatal frame 3 but I haven't started it yet. Because I'm weird and feel like i've got to own the first one before playing so i have the whole collection. lol

noctuary
04-19-2006, 05:41 AM
I think the second one is probably my favorite too. The first one beats it for sheer terror, but the second one is a lot more fun to play in my book. Not to mention easier. I'm no noob to video games, but the first Fatal Frame is a damn hard game.

Yasashii
04-19-2006, 05:46 AM
*Nodnod* the reason I like the second one best is because of the fact that it has a deeper/more complex plotline then the first one. But the third one sounds promising in that area.
The 2nd one's pretty creepy, but yeah i do remember an extremely hard part in fatal frame...made me mad. lol I was in this dark hall in the beginning, and this ghost just jumped on me and attacked me. I remember freaking out.
I get pissed sometimes fighting some of them, because if they're ugly enough I panic or am very nervous while fighting them.

Jacob Singer
04-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Jeh jeh jeh, yeah the third part have a great history but it's very hard!!!. Some enemies are the hardest of this saga. Otherwise the developers takes the idea of the apartment from Silent Hill and takes it furder....the fuckin' apartment is the scariest place of all the game

Yasashii
04-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Silent Hill series didn't scare or phase me. I just beat it and it was done. But fatal frame dazzled me lol I just love it so much....but yeah...so the third one is really hard? god that's gonna suck. At least there's online walk throughs =] hehe.

Jacob Singer
04-19-2006, 11:54 AM
That's the funny part!!! The hard part is that some enemies are really hard to "capture" with your camera ...so there's no help on the walkthroughs, just you and your camera.

Silent Hill just beat it and it was done?? You better try to play the second part...amazing plot and characters.

Yasashii
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm pretty swift with that spiffy camera though~! lol but yeah i agree sometimes it's hard...especially the ghosts that come out of walls, and always make sure they poof right behind you.
or ones that go invisable...and you dunno till the last second that they're right in front of your face.
I played all 3, and i'm working on 4 of the silent hill series. Personally I liked the 2nd and 3rd, but i dunno the only reason it was easy to beat was because I had the guide book. lol :D

noctuary
04-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I really do like Fatal Frame, but Silent Hill is much, much better. Part 2 is in my top five favorite games ever. That's among the best stories I've seen in a video game.

Side note: what are everyone's favorite ghosts from Fatal Frame? I really liked the little twin girls from part 2. So cute, so creepy.

Abominus
04-21-2006, 10:09 AM
I found the controls in number one a bit awkward to get used to (which increased the scares because I coudln't protect myself). Fatal Frame 1 & 2 are still among my favs. Even the non-attacking ghost manage to make you jump.

Jacob Singer
04-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Yasashii
I'm pretty swift with that spiffy camera though~! lol but yeah i agree sometimes it's hard...especially the ghosts that come out of walls, and always make sure they poof right behind you.
or ones that go invisable...and you dunno till the last second that they're right in front of your face.
I played all 3, and i'm working on 4 of the silent hill series. Personally I liked the 2nd and 3rd, but i dunno the only reason it was easy to beat was because I had the guide book. lol :D

No guides!!! The real fun beggins to Silent Hill when you get lost in the fog:D