PDA

View Full Version : Troma

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Let's hear it...what's your favorite Troma film (if any) and which one do you hate (if any).

My favorites are the first and last Toxic Avenger films.

My least favorite is probably Chopper Chicks in Zombietown. What a waste of a great title.

Ritualistic
11-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Rabid Grannies, Mothers day, Nukem High, Tromeo and Juliet, monster in my closet, redneck zombies, nightmare weekend, blood sucking freaks,christmas evil, are all my favs.. I am a big troma fan.. I love all of their fucking odd horror... http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/navigator/lhdevil.gif

BTW i was going to make a thread on this today... LOL

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
BTW i was going to make a thread on this today... LOL

Haha, I was wondering why someone hadn't already. I just barely beat you to it.

Ritualistic
11-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I just barely beat you to it.

Yup you sure did...

HappyCamper
12-12-2003, 11:59 PM
I remember, the first time i saw any of the Toxic Avenger films, that they we're playing on some channel late at night, and my friends and I we're watching it and just loved it. I found out later that the ones we were watching were the unrated versions! kick ass! i just recently bought the ToxBox Unrated Verison..it kicks fucking ass!

Plissken
12-15-2003, 11:27 AM
The first Troma (and only so far!) is Sgt Kabukiman NYPD. Its pretty good Also problably one of the least gory ones
________
launch box (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

avenger00soul
12-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Plissken
The first Troma (and only so far!) is Sgt Kabukiman NYPD. Its pretty good Also problably one of the least gory ones

If you liked Kabukiman, you will LOVE The Toxic Avenger. I recommend parts 1 and 4, after all, he is my namesake.

Zachary Hansen
12-19-2003, 09:27 AM
COMBAT SHOCK is actually a pretty good film, though it was made independently then released by Troma. I liked SGT. KABUKIMAN.

devlspaintbrush
12-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Tromeo and Juliet and Toxic 1

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Redneck Zombies and Tromeo and Juliet for all the lesbo stuff. I'm not a big Troma fan because I find it hard to get into intentional camp. Unintention camp is a different matter altogether.

avenger00soul
12-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Redneck Zombies and Tromeo and Juliet for all the lesbo stuff. I'm not a big Troma fan because I find it hard to get into intentional camp. Unintention camp is a different matter altogether.

Yes, unintentional is ALWAYS better, but you still gotta give it up for the original Toxic Avenger.

Elvis_Christ
01-02-2004, 05:20 PM
I really like Toxic Avenger and Class Of Nukem High. I'm watching Redneck Zombies right now I'll tell you what I think after it.

MichaelMyers
01-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Christmas Evil......Fiona Apple's Dad and Jill from "Home Improvement" star... ;)

Empty Girl
01-04-2004, 05:45 PM
i find it hard to find many Troma movies in local video stores..

hence, i've only seen all the Toxic Avenger movies

parts I & IV = best
parts II & III = worse but still entertaining to a certain degree, atleast for two movie cut & pasted together outta footage shot for one movie

avenger00soul
01-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Empty Girl
i find it hard to find many Troma movies in local video stores..

hence, i've only seen all the Toxic Avenger movies

parts I & IV = best
parts II & III = worse but still entertaining to a certain degree, atleast for two movie cut & pasted together outta footage shot for one movie

I agree that 1 and 4 are great. 2 and 3 are hardly worth sitting through. Love your avatar by the way.

abbycomix
01-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Terror Firmer had it's moments. Especially the ones with NYC downtown rockers like Theo of the Lunachicks and sean from the Toilet Boys. Can't forget Lyle Derek getting run over or Rev. Jen the elven script girl. And of course the world famous *BOB* nyc's own female drag queen. ahh trashy fun!

VampRocker
01-06-2004, 03:54 PM
The last film I saw of Troma's was "Drawing Blood"...and yeah, of course...it was bad...whoo boy...

Jason Hodder
01-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Out of my collection of 26 Troma movies I would have to say my

Favorites

Tormeo & Juliet
Toxie 1-4 & the Cartoon Movie
The Before There was Toxie Series
Redneck Zombies
Bloodsucking Freaks
Troma's War
Killer Condom

Least Favorite

Teenage Catgirls in Heat

and that's really it. I tend to like mostly all Troma movies. When you know the owner of Troma it's not easy to hate something he owns. You gain a new respect for the movies after talking Lloyd.

sleepaway
02-03-2004, 03:41 AM
The best was Tromeo & Juliet - by far.
The worst was Redneck Zombies - by far.
The first Toxie was cool though.
My friend loves Stuck On You.

Sam The Egg
02-03-2004, 04:55 PM
weren't one or two of Peter Jackson's early movies from Troma?

Dreaming Girl
02-04-2004, 02:38 AM
Hmmm... It'd probably have to be Tromeo & Juliet for me. But I honestly love pretty much everything I've seen. I love cheesy exploitational horror. :-p

The Evil Dead
02-04-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm not a HUGE Troma fan, but they do have a few enjoyable titles.

Citizen Toxie was definitely their best work. I actually found myself enjoying this one a lot more than I have anything else I've seen of theirs. It was funny, campy, corny, and just cheesy enough to the right degree. They didn't go for the plain old chees-a-thon that they usually do.

Splatter Phreak
02-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Tromeo and juliet definatley. i haven't seen citizen toxie yet - i have the tox box but citizen is at the end of a very long list of horror movie buys. so i will have to get back to you on that one.

bwind22
02-10-2004, 07:12 AM
cannibal: the musical

(This movie is hilarious. Trey Parker and Matt Stone in a musical about the early days of cannibalism.)

redneck zombies

(This movie is just funny as hell. Period.)

rabid grannies

(Ditto.)

friday13thfan
02-10-2004, 07:51 AM
lol

sleepaway
02-12-2004, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
weren't one or two of Peter Jackson's early movies from Troma?

No, but they would of fitted in okay.

GorePhobia
02-12-2004, 04:18 PM
to be totally honest i hated terror firmer i dunno why it just wasnt good:confused:

Toxic Avenger
02-26-2005, 11:37 AM
kitsch, kitsch and one more time kitsch, and that's why i love TROMA! The best are: Toxic Avenger 1 and 4, Cannibal Musical and Bloodsucking freaks

MisterSadistro
02-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Hate to break it to you, but 'Bloodsucking Freaks' is not a Troma film (and a few other listed as well I'm sure). Troma now owns the distribution rights to it, but had absolutely nothing to do with the making of it.
CK

ADOM
03-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Tromeo and Juliet, hands down. TA 1 and I'm ashamed to say that i have never seen Citizen Toxie. I did have the pleasure of working with Lloyd Kaufman last weekend on my next film, DEATH PLOTS. He's hilarious! We wrote a role just for him and he added a bunch of jokes. It sort of put all of his movies into perspective for me.

They are intentionally cheesey because they know, with thier budget, if they went for deadpan serious they would turn out cheesey anyway. I think the cheesiness is more self-aware than intentional (Like the AIrplane movies or Police Squad). Kind of like a fat guy telling fat jokes.

Elvis_Christ
03-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by sleepaway
The best was Tromeo & Juliet - by far.
The worst was Redneck Zombies - by far.
The first Toxie was cool though.
My friend loves Stuck On You.

:eek: Redneck Zombie fucking rules! That's a great movie with some really decent special effects. Watch it in B&W because the video colour ruins most of the effects shots.

ClassicHorror
03-23-2005, 03:50 AM
I love Troma, I love Terror Firmer and Cannibal The Musical.

Can't forget the original Toxic Avenger either. Great films, the films have been going to shit lately....unfortunately.

crazy raplh
03-27-2005, 07:29 AM
I love all of them but I would say that my favs are toxic avanger 4 and red neck zombies.