PDA

View Full Version : Roger Corman

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Well I think we owe a debt of gratitude towards this man so I'm starting a thread about him. I wrote a ten page paper on Corman for film genre. I love the man's body of work, as both director and producer. My favorite films of his are The Pit and the Pendulum and Frankenstein Unbound (both as director) and Summer Camp Nightmare and Deathrace 2000 (both as producer).

"In another lifetime, Roger Corman could easily have been Henry Ford. He could easily have been Wilbur Wright. He tinkers, he invents things, he loves invention, he loves improvisation, he loves opportunistic, mechanistic experiment. If you can regard him from a little distance, what you see is a tremendous native American lyricism that's not very far removed from the great eccentric American entrepreneurs."-

Thom Mount, producer.

After all, he made "A Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime."

Ritualistic
11-15-2003, 03:34 PM
~Bowing~

giving appreciation for all the films his has made or had anything to do with...... "the pit" fucking was great... and ya know a lot of people i talk to hate this flick... so I say fuck ya....

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
~Bowing~

giving appreciation for all the films his has made or had anything to do with...... "the pit" fucking was great... and ya know a lot of people i talk to hate this flick... so I say fuck ya....

Wow, hating the pit??? That's pure blasphemy.

Ritualistic
11-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Wow, hating the pit??? That's pure blasphemy.

yeah tell me about it....

Robert Neville
02-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Corman could squeeze the blood from a turnip and a nickel from a dog turd, but damn what he could do with that blood and that nickel. A lot of the movie industry actors and directors got their start because Roger Corman gave it to them. Sure he worked them on the cheap, but they did get their start there. I appreciate Roger Corman. The man is a legend.

sleepaway
02-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Yeah Mr Corman is a pretty amazing guy.

KRUGERKID13
02-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Just to let you know i started a corman thread about 2 months ago but no one ever posted so it worked its way down. I recently had to give a speech on someone i admired and i did mine on Mr.Corman.