PDA

View Full Version : well, it certainly frightend me

barbra
02-08-2005, 12:44 AM
back in the day, you know the early 90's a little show came on by the name of tales from the crypt. there was this one episode that scared my sister and my self so much that we began to watch tales just to see a repeat of that one episode. we never saw it again but we probably saw the dacayed little girl in the mask (the one where the radio shrink come to the poletergeist lady's house because her daughter is a brat) 1,000 time. Anyways, it was the episode where a television show whose concept is haunted houses, big foot, yada yada yada that scared us the most. it was super creepy with the lighting and the way the script siked you out up until the goery end. They should release some tales from the crypt on dvd.

Sedated_replica
02-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by barbra
They should release some tales from the crypt on dvd.

Agreed

Vodstok
02-08-2005, 05:31 AM
back in the day, you know the early 90's a little show came on by the name of tales from the crypt. there was this one episode that scared my sister and my self so much that we began to watch tales just to see a repeat of that one episode. we never saw it again but we probably saw the dacayed little girl in the mask (the one where the radio shrink come to the poletergeist lady's house because her daughter is a brat) 1,000 time. Anyways, it was the episode where a television show whose concept is haunted houses, big foot, yada yada yada that scared us the most. it was super creepy with the lighting and the way the script siked you out up until the goery end. They should release some tales from the crypt on dvd. Are you talking about the one with Morton Downey Jr where he does the "Live on the spot" show in the haunted house and he ends up getting hanged and fallingout the window at the end, on camera in front of everyone?

There was an awesome 2fer night they had on Fox way back when they actually played Tales from the crypt on Fox late on saturdays.

One had a orphan who was a problem child adopted by an older couple. They had a butler who befreinded the kid played by larry drake (dark man, dr giggles). Turns out they were vampires and wanted to eat the kid. They tr, but it turns out he is a werewolf, and kills them instead.

Right after that one, there was one with Timothy Dalton and Beverly D'Angelo. A group of people were in a hotel way off int he woods, and people kept hgwtting killed by a werewolf. They lead you to believe that there is a hgidden werewolf hunter in the group, and then lead you to believe thatit is timothy dalton. The twist at the end was fucking awesome. it turns out that Timithy Dalton is the werewolf, not the hunter, and that Beverly D'Angelo is the hunter, And she is a vampire, who feeds on werewolves. It was really much better than it sounds.

The Mothman
02-08-2005, 08:19 AM
I think if you looked hard enough, you probably could find it on dvd. I really like that show. Some of the episodes are SO bad and stupid, while others are creepy and great.

knife_fight
02-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I know this has probly been said a million times, but I think I'd rather have Tales from the Darkside on dvd.

majorbludd
02-08-2005, 08:17 PM
4 best tales from the crypts...

1. santa clause episode

2. ed begley jr as the salesman

3. gary busey w/ his wife on a meathook dragging her body into a surprise party

4. bill paxton w/ the ice cream man siamese twin one

barbra
02-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Are you talking about the one with Morton Downey Jr where he does the "Live on the spot" show in the haunted house and he ends up getting hanged and fallingout the window at the end, on camera in front of everyone?

There was an awesome 2fer night they had on Fox way back when they actually played Tales from the crypt on Fox late on saturdays.

One had a orphan who was a problem child adopted by an older couple. They had a butler who befreinded the kid played by larry drake (dark man, dr giggles). Turns out they were vampires and wanted to eat the kid. They tr, but it turns out he is a werewolf, and kills them instead.

Right after that one, there was one with Timothy Dalton and Beverly D'Angelo. A group of people were in a hotel way off int he woods, and people kept hgwtting killed by a werewolf. They lead you to believe that there is a hgidden werewolf hunter in the group, and then lead you to believe thatit is timothy dalton. The twist at the end was fucking awesome. it turns out that Timithy Dalton is the werewolf, not the hunter, and that Beverly D'Angelo is the hunter, And she is a vampire, who feeds on werewolves. It was really much better than it sounds. I remeber when tales from the crypt was on regular television. My sister and myself would get excited that we could watch it with dad, and nightmare on elm street had a short lived television series around that time also.

horror_master
02-13-2005, 04:26 PM
It was a preety good show.

urgeok
02-14-2005, 10:34 AM
i preferred Rod Serlings Night Gallery ... and Night Stalker

The Mothman
02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
They should release some tales from the crypt on dvd.

They have. Ive seen it at best buy once

newb
02-21-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
i preferred Rod Serlings Night Gallery ... and Night Stalker

There you go showing your age again.:D

urgeok
02-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by newb
There you go showing your age again.:D

and proud of it ! :D

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-21-2005, 08:30 PM
tales from the crypt was great

knee jerk
02-23-2005, 01:38 AM
I remember watching "Freddy's Nightmares" hosted by Freddy Krueger himself back in like '89 or something. It was on FOX back when they didn't have any programming and it was still kind a joke. I'd watch "Freddy's Nightmares" on Friday night back to back with their series "War of the Worlds" that I really can't remember but I think was pretty kick ass.

aborted
02-23-2005, 03:40 PM
one of the best tales episodes was the one with meetloaf in it about a guy who owned a diner and sold people steaks...i probably say its one of the best because i recently saw it and im really getting into the cannibal exploitation movies:rolleyes:

barbra
03-12-2005, 08:45 PM
I thought of another great episode;
The one where the man retires and is forced to get a hobbie and he take up taxodermy. I think by the end he stuffs pretty much everyone he knows.

freaky_jigSAW
03-13-2005, 05:20 AM
:rolleyes: in our country we can watch "Tales from the Crypt" at HBO. each story of "Crypt" is unique. :D

ENTITY2000
03-14-2005, 01:08 PM
i know this is not apart of the series but
i liked the first movie, the one w/ billy zane
it was called demon night, now that was the bomb
especially when they had that crash at the beginning
and that song by filter comes on "hey man nice shot."
:D

MichaelMyers
03-16-2005, 07:33 AM
"Werewolf Concerto" was good.