PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Gordon

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 05:29 AM
Just wondering what everyone thinks about Gordon's horror works...or if anyone knows who I'm talking about. My favorite films of his include Re-Animator, Castle Freak, From Beyond, and the ALLMIGHTY Dagon.

ShamSham04
11-15-2003, 10:00 AM
I have only seen Castle Freak. I really like that movie.

It scared me when it first came out.

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ShamSham04
I have only seen Castle Freak. I really like that movie.

It scared me when it first came out.

If you dug Castle Freak, you are in for a treat if you ever decide to watch the other movies I listed then.

ShamSham04
11-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Did Stuart Gordon also make Dagon? I sort of liked that movie as well.

I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of Re-Animator. Heard nothing but good things about that movie... gets my hyped. :D

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ShamSham04
Did Stuart Gordon also make Dagon? I sort of liked that movie as well.

I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of Re-Animator. Heard nothing but good things about that movie... gets my hyped. :D

Yeah, he directed Dagon. That was probably my favorite horror film that came out that year. Good luck with the Re-Animator hunt. It took me years to find it and when I finally did, DVD's came out.:mad:

Ritualistic
11-15-2003, 03:42 PM
fucking gruesome god that is all I have to say.....

abbycomix
11-17-2003, 08:06 PM
I saw dagon on sci-fi, it had some good parts, but the chase scenes in the village seemed to run too long. It was definitely scary and original though! I felt water-logged, a little nauseous, and scared just from watching it. I far preferred re-animator though.

avenger00soul
11-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by abbycomix
I saw dagon on sci-fi, it had some good parts, but the chase scenes in the village seemed to run too long. It was definitely scary and original though! I felt water-logged, a little nauseous, and scared just from watching it. I far preferred re-animator though.

You have got to see it uncut then.

FangoFan
11-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Dagon

the H.P. Lovecraft flick

abbycomix
12-04-2003, 12:42 PM
Macarena gomez was awesome in Dagon though, she was gorgeous. If I was a lesbian I'd look for a girl like her.
I think I may rent it to give it a second chance and see the gore that sci-fi channel most likely cut. :eek:

avenger00soul
12-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by abbycomix
Macarena gomez was awesome in Dagon though, she was gorgeous. If I was a lesbian I'd look for a girl like her.
I think I may rent it to give it a second chance and see the gore that sci-fi channel most likely cut. :eek:

Both of the main chicks were gorgeous. I definitely think you will appreciate the film more in its uncut form.