PDA

View Full Version : I work with a retard

Vodstok
02-07-2005, 06:50 AM
...... Okay, so i am a programmer, but when one o fmy coworkers is away for whatever reason, i get relegated to answering phones for syupport calls. Why is htis trelevant? because when our usual phone-answer-guy is out, me and one other guy answer phones. and he is a moron.

This is a conversation we just had a minute ago:
Jim (the other guy): What's Pacific time? is that before or ahead of us (we are on the east coast).

Me: :confused: Before and ahead basically mean the same thingif you say it like that...

Jim: What i mean is, is Specific time behind us? Like california? is that Specific time?

Me :eek: Yes.... it is PACIFIC time....

Jim: so they are 3 hours behind us?

Me:.........Yeeessssss........

He has a degree in computer science, wants to be a full time computer repairman, and htinks technical terminology is "unimportant":rolleyes:

Hate_Breeder
02-07-2005, 06:56 AM
How could he not know that?

Hell im only 15 and ive known Eastern time is 3 hours before Pacific :rolleyes:

Vodstok
02-07-2005, 06:59 AM
other genius questions i have been asked by this Einsteinian mega-brain:

How do you spell "can't"?
Why would i need to spell "there" differently? (during a conversation where we informed him that there were multiple spellings of the word because there are different meanings. Didnt understand why a customer sent an email to our boss asking if he was joking when he said that they needed work on "There" computer....."

once got frustrated with a caller, and rather than putting her on mute, put her on fucking SPEAKER PHONE and said loudly "This lady is a fucking moron." The didnt notice that she had heard him, commented on it (loud enough for me to hear across the room) then hung up on him. Somehow, he STILL has a fucking job here.....

jay o2 waster
02-07-2005, 07:03 AM
whatadink

Vodstok
02-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
How could he not know that?

Hell im only 15 and ive known Eastern time is 3 hours before Pacific :rolleyes: He is 26 years old.....

Of course, the college he got his degree at is univerally known as a complete fucking joke around here...

I swear, Jim and Geroge W are cut from the same pile of shit.

tachii
02-07-2005, 08:08 AM
sounds about right

urgeok
02-07-2005, 08:24 AM
sounds like some welcome comedy relief to me ..

i love idiots like that ....thats where all the good stories you tell over a beer come from.

AUSTIN316426808
02-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
He is 26 years old.....

Of course, the college he got his degree at is univerally known as a complete fucking joke around here...

I swear, Jim and Geroge W are cut from the same pile of shit.

nah... George is worse he went to Yale and still doesn't know how to spell.

AUSTIN316426808
02-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
sounds like some welcome comedy relief to me ..

i love idiots like that ....thats where all the good stories you tell over a beer come from.

I agree if I were at work all day it'd be cool to have a moron to get a few good laughs at.

Iniquity
02-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Just think of it as job security Vod. :D

Vodstok
02-07-2005, 09:08 AM
you would think it was all fun and games, but when you actually have to rely on him, the funny goes away. Plus, i have seen a few perfectly good employees let go during layoffs to save this idiots job because he is freinds with the boss.

The other thing is that he is just frustrating to listen to. if we are both answering phones, i can guaruntee that anywhere from a third to three quarters of the people he talks to on the phone will call back in for help because he left them confused.

I honestly hope he gets syphillus. Not that it could rot his brain any more than it already is, but it might kill him.

tachii
02-07-2005, 09:55 AM
gotta look on the bright side

Vodstok
02-07-2005, 09:56 AM
That he may get hit by a bus? I do, usually :)

tachii
02-07-2005, 09:58 AM
:) there ya go! what ever helps you get through the day:D

Iniquity
02-07-2005, 09:59 AM
you could always invest in an industrial sized blender, invite him over for a beer some night, hmmmm nah too Dahmerish.

Sedated_replica
02-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I honestly hope he gets syphillus. Not that it could rot his brain any more than it already is, but it might kill him.

HAHAHAHA, wow