PDA

View Full Version : see saw

barbra
02-06-2005, 09:48 AM
so I was wondering if saw was any good or if it was lame and too much like fear.com. I really hated fear.com but saw looks kinda alright, but WAS it alright...?

The STE
02-06-2005, 09:53 AM
it was alright, no better or worse

barbra
02-06-2005, 09:58 AM
was it gorey..? when the people are tempted with the idea of cutting off their limbs they show it huh? I mean it is rated r. they at least got creative with the blood huh?

The STE
02-06-2005, 10:12 AM
no, no creativity at all.

IDrinkYourBlood
02-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Its worth a rental if theres nothing better to get. But theres alot of plot holes. I give it a 3 out of 5, Its just one of those movies thats just there kinda.

Angra
02-06-2005, 11:52 AM
I thought "Saw" was outstanding.:)

I rarely see movies so exciting as this one.

See it, see it NOW!

:cool:

immortalem
02-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Saw was not that great. The acting was a little off and I thought the story could have been executed better. It had a interesting concept but the end result was poor.

ItsAlive75
02-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm getting tired of movies with "twist endings". This movie twisted the twist ending around two other twists and then wrapped a twist tie around it. Waaayyyyy too much.

Sedated_replica
02-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
I'm getting tired of movies with "twist endings". This movie twisted the twist ending around two other twists and then wrapped a twist tie around it. Waaayyyyy too much.

Agreed... I miss the 70's slasher films. Where the killer is some crazy dude.

ItsAlive75
02-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah, those were badass only because nobody cared if they knew who it was.

Moviegoers nowadays suck because they need to get slapped in the face with all of the information in a movie. Everybody needs a who-dunnit, I wanna see a movie where it doesn't even matter. That'd be funny, nobody would see it though.

Angra
02-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
Agreed... I miss the 70's slasher films. Where the killer is some crazy dude.

Wasn´t that the theme in the 90s slasher movies?:confused:

Angra
02-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, those were badass only because nobody cared if they knew who it was.

Moviegoers nowadays suck because they need to get slapped in the face with all of the information in a movie. Everybody needs a who-dunnit, I wanna see a movie where it doesn't even matter. That'd be funny, nobody would see it though.

I´m pretty sure it wouldn´t be a hit.. LOL

ItsAlive75
02-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Damn right, who cares though. Boogeyman is technically a "hit". It's toppin the charts as we speak.

Angra
02-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Damn right, who cares though. Boogeyman is technically a "hit". It's toppin the charts as we speak.

And i´m sure gonna watch it some day in a near future. ;)

ItsAlive75
02-06-2005, 02:30 PM
I saw it last night, it actually bored my asshole to tears.

Either that or I just shat my pants for some reason.

The Mothman
02-06-2005, 04:02 PM
your asshole can cry?:confused:

ItsAlive75
02-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by The Mothman
your asshole can cry?:confused:

twas a joke

ClassicHorror
02-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Great film, James Wan is the future of horror. I mean come on David Lynch, and Dario Argento was his influence for this. He is also making films not for the cash, but for the art. James was going for a clastrophobic feel in Saw. He never shows the house, but he shows the inside of the house making you feel like your in the middle of nowhere. The whole sophistication of the phobia goes along quite nicely when compared to such a film like TCM 74' which is also an avious inspiration. Lets wait and see Saw 2 coming out this year at Halloween. INDEPENDENT HORROR RULES!

The STE
02-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Just once I'd like to see a slasher movie where they don't find out who the killer is or why he or she is killing anybody. And I don't want any of that stupid "only showing the feet and hands" or the POV shit either. Show the face, no mask, they don't know who it is, he or she kills them, that's it.

Or hows this. The first act and the first bit of the second act are the typical slasher movie, then another character comes in and knocks the killer (who is just some bloke) out, then turns on the two or three regular-type characters left, chains them all up, killer and victems, in his basement, and the rest of the movie is him torturing them and he kills them at the end of it.

I'm already writing that one, btw.

ClassicHorror
02-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by The STE
Just once I'd like to see a slasher movie where they don't find out who the killer is or why he or she is killing anybody. And I don't want any of that stupid "only showing the feet and hands" or the POV shit either. Show the face, no mask, they don't know who it is, he or she kills them, that's it.

Or hows this. The first act and the first bit of the second act are the typical slasher movie, then another character comes in and knocks the killer (who is just some bloke) out, then turns on the two or three regular-type characters left, chains them all up, killer and victems, in his basement, and the rest of the movie is him torturing them and he kills them at the end of it.

I'm already writing that one, btw.

Yes there are many out there Black Christmas being at the top of the list....Saw is based on gialli which reviels the killer in the final scene...ever see an Argento or Bava flick?

TheOmen
02-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Great film, James Wan is the future of horror. I mean come on David Lynch, and Dario Argento was his influence for this. He is also making films not for the cash, but for the art. James was going for a clastrophobic feel in Saw. He never shows the house, but he shows the inside of the house making you feel like your in the middle of nowhere. The whole sophistication of the phobia goes along quite nicely when compared to such a film like TCM 74' which is also an avious inspiration. Lets wait and see Saw 2 coming out this year at Halloween. INDEPENDENT HORROR RULES!

Yeah, real independent. 18 million dollar budget. Get a fucking clue please. The TRAILER was independent, but after that, it was full on studio mode.

The STE
02-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ClassicHorror
Yes there are many out there Black Christmas being at the top of the list....Saw is based on gialli which reviels the killer in the final scene...ever see an Argento or Bava flick?

Well, I only want to see it once.
Wait, Black Christmas is like you don't find out who it is or like my movie?

ClassicHorror
02-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Budget has nothing to do with a film being independent or not, Wan even put this at Sundance. The film was shot outside Hollywood....even though Hollywood helped with the rent by giving Wan 17 million. There are many independent studio films like Hammer and Universal (back in the day not newer Universal).

ClassicHorror
02-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by The STE
Well, I only want to see it once.
Wait, Black Christmas is like you don't find out who it is or like my movie?

You never find out who the killer is.

IDrinkYourBlood
02-06-2005, 07:32 PM
At a long day at work and saying "BILLY!" all day in that weird vioce, I come home to you people talking about black christmas haha kinda funny.

gnarly
02-06-2005, 08:16 PM
saw was more creative then your u.s.a shit, mother fucka

ItsAlive75
02-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by gnarly
saw was more creative then your u.s.a shit, mother fucka

Nah, that movie stunk. Danny Glover needs to read scripts twice.

barbra
02-06-2005, 09:27 PM
danny glover couldn't be any worse than sean connery, at least danny glover isn't producing the shitty movies he's in. I don't think I'll rent it, I think Ill just wait for it to come out on t.v. I just thougt since it was rated R that you might see some exposed bone and ligaments or something horrible that might make me cringe or something, cause thats what I likes.

TheOmen
02-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Budget has nothing to do with a film being independent or not, Wan even put this at Sundance. The film was shot outside Hollywood....even though Hollywood helped with the rent by giving Wan 17 million.

Well obviously, you know nothing about the Hollywood system. I implore you to look more closely.

The STE
02-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ClassicHorror
You never find out who the killer is.

Oh. Well, the ending is ruined, I no longer need to watch it

EXTR3MIST
02-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Danny Glover could chin Sean Connery.

But it would be a close fight, since one is black and the other Scottish.

ItsAlive75
02-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Danny Glover could chin Sean Connery.

But it would be a close fight, since one is black and the other Scottish.

Hmm....can't decide if that was racist or just really funny.