PDA

View Full Version : Fake stuff

Jitan Forcier
02-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey guys, I'm planning on making a VDLB-MOVIE (Very Damn Low Budget film) this summer ... (with a budget of like 200-300$)
I have everything I need (exept for FX stuff) I have the place, the crew, the story, the camera, etc...

But I'd like to know if u guys know how to make fake arms, legs and hands fileld with realistic stuff (So I can cut them with a chainsaw:))

I'd also like to know how to make cheap skin (for bites in flesh) Like some in Dawn Of The Dead (ORIGINAL) You know, the skin seem elastic and some blood spurts out of it ... (I know how for the blood) but not the skin effect...

Thx for ur replies

MisterSadistro
02-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Check down a few threads. There's tons of links to places to help you out since I'm not looking them up all over again.
CK

Jitan Forcier
02-06-2005, 10:04 AM
I saw fake blood, I saw cam stuff ... But nothing told me how to make fake legs ...

Well, If I put plaster around teh leg of an actor, wait 'til its hard, take it out cutting some part, fill it with darkred oakmeal and other stuff (fake blood, etc) put a bone in the middle .... The put clothes on it ...

Would the cutting effect with the chainsaw be nice?

The STE
02-06-2005, 10:11 AM
http://www.fakecrap.com/products/misc.html

Jitan Forcier
02-06-2005, 11:01 AM
That stuff sucks ... lol
But would my idea be good?

MisterSadistro
02-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Try here then:
MakeUp FX (http://users.1st.net/coe/mufx.html)
I wish the mods would start merging these threads finally so we don't have multiple ones asking the same questions over and over.
CK

gnarly
02-09-2005, 07:30 PM
you could get some chinken wire an make it in to a shape of leg
then dip paper in glue then cover the leg in the gooy paper then fill the leg with crunshed news paper then put the shoe on the fake foot then poar fake blood in the leg then put pants on the legs then cut the leg in half with the a chain saw or wateva.

Elliot_Voorhees
02-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Shit dude, Gnarly - where in melbourne u from? I'm from there too.
Ell Voorhees.

elias
02-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Jitan Forcier
I saw fake blood, I saw cam stuff ... But nothing told me how to make fake legs ...

Well, If I put plaster around teh leg of an actor, wait 'til its hard, take it out cutting some part, fill it with darkred oakmeal and other stuff (fake blood, etc) put a bone in the middle .... The put clothes on it ...

Would the cutting effect with the chainsaw be nice?

There are a lot of ways to achieve the effect you're going for with a low budget... It kind of depends a little on how creative you can be with your solutions and whether you're going for realism or cheese;) When constructing a fake body double on my most recent project... I found that those long tubular foam pool toys, which here in the states are called, "noodles" I believe, were pretty effective for the base construction of limbs. I believe the noodles are also hollow so that might help with your blood letting effects:)

gnarly
02-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Elliot_Voorhees
Shit dude, Gnarly - where in melbourne u from? I'm from there too.
Ell Voorhees.

my hoods richmond,hawthorn,camberwell,and malvern...

orez
02-14-2005, 01:32 PM
to make the elasticy skin you are asking about, use knox gelatin. Cheap stuff. But you'll have to fuck with it some to get it to the consistency you want. The best thing to do is just experiment.

MisterSadistro
02-16-2005, 07:42 PM
If you want to see a behind the scenes look at some great looking limbs, skin, etc., I'd recommend the 'Flower of Flesh and Blood/ Making of Guinea Pig' DVD. Yes, it's in Japanese and you'll have to use your imagination (since some of the subtitles don't translate perfectly), but some fantastic gory fx on there.
CK