PDA

View Full Version : the new Night Stalker

urgeok
02-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Sackheim Helming Spotniz's Night Stalker

Source: Variety
February 1, 2005

Veteran The X-Files helmer Dan Sackheim has signed on to direct Frank Spotnitz's ABC drama pilot The Night Stalker, reports Variety.

Sackheim spent six years on "X-Files," working with former "X" man Spotnitz as a producer and director. The duo also teamed up on the pilot of Fox's Harsh Realm. More recently, Sackheim has been directing and serving as consulting producer of the Fox drama House.

Filming on the pilot starts in early March in and around Los Angeles, where the show will be set. The project is a reworking of the ABC cult favorite Kolchak: The Night Stalker. The show revolves around a reporter named Carl Kolchak who uncovers mysteries involving vampires, serial killers and other freakish occurrences.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=8171

i wish they'd put out the origional on a dvd boxset

newb
02-01-2005, 08:09 AM
This is great news. I loved Kolchak [ i just picked up the Night Stalker/Strangler dbl feature for 10 bucks ].

Loved the X-Files also, especially when they veered away from the "Alien Conspiracy" plot.

I just hope that Darren Mc Gavin makes a few cameos.Although he hasn't been seen in a few years.......and he is 83 years old.

phantomstranger
02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
The Night Stalker" is my favorite horror series(I even started a thread here a few months ago). Reading that they want to do a remake worries me a bit. Will they stay true to the original and make Kolchak a rumpled slightly past his prime reporter or go with the current trend and make him the "hunk" of the month so they can bring in younger viewers. I just don't know. Hollywood has already ruined one of my other favorite old shows when they remade "The Wild Wild West" and did a terrible job. Lets hope the have enough respect for the classic original to do a good job.

urgeok
02-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by phantomstranger
The Night Stalker" is my favorite horror series(I even started a thread here a few months ago). Reading that they want to do a remake worries me a bit. Will they stay true to the original and make Kolchak a rumpled slightly past his prime reporter or go with the current trend and make him the "hunk" of the month so they can bring in younger viewers. I just don't know. Hollywood has already ruined one of my other favorite old shows when they remade "The Wild Wild West" and did a terrible job. Lets hope the have enough respect for the classic original to do a good job.

i'm sure it'll be leftovers from 90210.
TV sucks.

phantomstranger
02-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
i'm sure it'll be leftovers from 90210.
TV sucks.

How true, how true.