The STE
01-31-2005, 12:23 PM
I've been saying since Darth Bane that we need to freeze membership for a while

Gren the cake
01-31-2005, 12:25 PM
lol. ur mean chris

urgeok
01-31-2005, 01:19 PM
i think you should get banned for posing unappropriate content.
(after a few warnings)

Sedated_replica
01-31-2005, 01:43 PM
When someone is boring give them the boot!

" this is my cat... her name is Kitten"
"What!? Fuck your cat! get out of here"

Ashron
01-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, as a noobie myself to this site, I don't know if my opinion really counts, but since I saw no stickies anywhere with information about site etiquette, I would think at least a warning or two is in order.

Of course, your definition of spam seems to be rather loosely based. I always thought spam was "have a bigger penis" or "I'm Nigerian royalty, please help me get my money out of the country" Since when did, "hi, I'm a filmmaker with a new project and I'd love you to check it out" become spam? I guess the rules have changed over the years. Anyway, that's my thought, but what do I know, I'm just a 40-year-old newb.

urgeok
01-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
When someone is boring give them the boot!

" this is my cat... her name is Kitten"
"What!? Fuck your cat! get out of here"

hahahahaha

i kind of feel the same .. to a point :)

if thats all there is

The STE
01-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Ashron
Well, as a noobie myself to this site, I don't know if my opinion really counts, but since I saw no stickies anywhere with information about site etiquette, I would think at least a warning or two is in order.

Of course, your definition of spam seems to be rather loosely based. I always thought spam was "have a bigger penis" or "I'm Nigerian royalty, please help me get my money out of the country" Since when did, "hi, I'm a filmmaker with a new project and I'd love you to check it out" become spam? I guess the rules have changed over the years. Anyway, that's my thought, but what do I know, I'm just a 40-year-old newb.

most of the "WATCH MY MOVIE!!!!" stuff is people who'll just come in, plug their shitty movie, and leave

furballothrills
01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Loose definition of spam: read a post by Kitty

The_Return
01-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by furballothrills
Loose definition of spam: read a post by Kitty

That would be more along the lines of Junk, or Garbage :p

For Spam, read MOST [Not all, but MOST] of the posts in the Filmakers forum

Gren the cake
01-31-2005, 04:01 PM
"i think you should get banned for posing unappropriate content.
(after a few warnings)"

good one.

LOLOLOLOL. im watching cnn or some shit, and theyre tlaking about how gays are taking over, and pointed to SPonge bob and ... whatever that one rabbit is. LOLOL!!!!!

The_Return
01-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Don't even let them join !

Very bad idea!

Sure, 98.9% of the new members who join are idiots, or dont post [Usually both]...but If new members were not aloud to join, we would miss out on the rare but existant contributing, intersting member [Classichorror and Gojira for recent examples]

cwr
01-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Ban n00bs who post weiner pics.

Sedated_replica
01-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Ban Faggots, who jerk off too weiner pics

urgeok
01-31-2005, 06:48 PM
hey .. we have gay people on the forum that are cool...

Gren the cake
01-31-2005, 06:49 PM
that would be a lot of bannnings!! :D

Sedated_replica
01-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
hey .. we have gay people on the forum that are cool...

No... Not real homosexuals. Faggots who don't know they're gay and like post retarded pictures

last bad move
01-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Gren the cake
"LOLOLOLOL. im watching cnn or some shit, and theyre tlaking about how gays are taking over, and pointed to SPonge bob and ... whatever that one rabbit is. LOLOL!!!!! hahaha i saw that

massacre man
01-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
Ban Faggots, who jerk off too weiner pics :( i guess this is good bye

The STE
01-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Very bad idea!

Sure, 98.9% of the new members who join are idiots, or dont post [Usually both]...but If new members were not aloud to join, we would miss out on the rare but existant contributing, intersting member [Classichorror and Gojira for recent examples]

If they wanted to join to actually contribute, they'll come back. If they're just going to fuck around then they'll do so elsewhere. Locking membership for a little while would also cut down on those who sign up but never post

massacre man
01-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by The STE
If they wanted to join to actually contribute, they'll come back. If they're just going to fuck around then they'll do so elsewhere. Locking membership for a little while would also cut down on those who sign up but never post hmmm interesting

Marroe
01-31-2005, 07:47 PM
This identity shit is confusing the hell outa me:mad:

The STE
01-31-2005, 07:49 PM
is it?

last bad move
01-31-2005, 07:49 PM
If they wanted to join to actually contribute, they'll come back. If they're just going to fuck around then they'll do so elsewhere. Locking membership for a little while would also cut down on those who sign up but never post but my worry is what happens if we have another mass banning and a bunch of members cant get back in.

The STE
01-31-2005, 07:50 PM
how 'bout that

massacre man
01-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
This identity shit is confusing the hell outa me:mad: no it's not

The STE
01-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by last bad move
but my worry is what happens if we have another mass banning and a bunch of members cant get back in.

We can lift the membership lock if that's the case

The STE
01-31-2005, 07:51 PM
good point, man

Sedated_replica
01-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by massacre man
:( i guess this is good bye

I gotta stop using the word "faggot". Its an american thing....

When the fuck did I turn into Eminem. God dammit

massacre man
01-31-2005, 07:53 PM
We can lift the membership lock if that's the case or everyone could just register a second time now

Marroe
01-31-2005, 07:54 PM
is it? You guys suck!:p

The STE
01-31-2005, 07:55 PM
You guys suck!:p

Do I?

Marroe
01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Do I? Suck?

last bad move
01-31-2005, 07:59 PM
We can lift the membership lock if that's the case even if we could get horror to put the lock up in the first place i highly dought he will lift it for banned members

unless we could get it so that a mod could lift the member lock then i think we might have something that would work

The STE
01-31-2005, 08:00 PM
I still say we need an admin

The STE
01-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I still say we need an admin
we should make ME an admin

Marroe
01-31-2005, 08:02 PM
we should make ME an admin That may work if it didn't seem you were loosing you're marbles.

The STE
01-31-2005, 08:03 PM
That may work if it didn't seem you were loosing you're marbles.

Where?

last bad move
01-31-2005, 08:04 PM
we should make ME an admin i agree i seriously think you would make a great admin

Marroe
01-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Where? Over there>>>>>>>>

I wanna be somebody:D

Now Heather's loosing her marbles too...I gotta go to sleep

last bad move
01-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Over there>>>>>>>>

I wanna be somebody:D

Now Heather's loosing her marbles too...I gotta go to sleep ya i agree i have to go to bed to ill see you all tommarow

Marroe
01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha rofl

That's just theivery there son!!!!

last bad move
01-31-2005, 08:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha rofl

That's just theivery there son!!!! you know i love you

Marroe
01-31-2005, 08:26 PM
you know i love you You just love me for my sexy ass avatar

last bad move
01-31-2005, 08:28 PM
You just love me for my sexy ass avatar no i love your personallity hehe

Marroe
01-31-2005, 08:31 PM
no i love your personallity hehe You are my personality now

Better not make me look bad or I'll have to whoop up on ya ass:cool:

last bad move
01-31-2005, 08:32 PM
You are my personality now

Better not make me look bad or I'll have to whoop up on ya ass:cool: lol ill try not i guess ill have to love you from the inside out

last bad move
01-31-2005, 08:33 PM
You are my personality now

Better not make me look bad or I'll have to whoop up on ya ass:cool: i dont knopw what happened here

Marroe
01-31-2005, 08:39 PM
lol ill try not i guess ill have to love you from the inside out That's the best kinda lovin

last bad move
01-31-2005, 08:48 PM
That's the best kinda lovin any loven from me is the best kind of loven

ChEEbA
02-01-2005, 01:05 AM
I think some ground rules should show up automatically upon first visit to the site, and clearly posted in an automatic link that would appear to everyone until the IP was recognised as belonging to a MEMBER. If they choose to ignore this, it would only be to their potential disadvantage....of course, this would actually take this "horror" guy to make a few ACTUAL improvements/changes to the site.

I also think that a system should be established whereby the entire site is viewable from the start (no change there), but in order to start posting, the new user would be forced to make an introductory post in the new members lounge. I think it would be great if the new user attempted to post anywhere ELSE, they would be automatically linked to the new members lounge, with a clear explanation of what they are to do

For the things I mention below, I think there should be a warning system, with one warning awarded for each, after moderator assessment.

*Any overly offensive behaviour, including distasteful pictures, pictures of other members posted or linked without permission, racism, sexism, any kind of descrimination. I'm not saying we all have to walk on eggshells, but if somethings really NOT cool, you can generally tell the difference...if the poster in question DOESN'T, a warning would be a good way to indicate this to them.

*Unfunny/continuous spamming, and/or NEVER posting about ANYTHING horror related.

*Any (non-PM) arguments picked with existing members based on events that have occured outside the forum, this is petty stalker type behaviour, and shouldn't be acceptable.
Do not bring old issues here.

*Any advertising from new members that clearly indicates that this was their primary objective to join the site without being a productive member.
Not all advertising is an issue...I just think people should first prove that they are here for more than just our exploitation - this is not to say that existing members should go apeshit with advertising either.

Those are the main issues I think...
So yeah, I say that upon the third warning, the person in question should be given a month long ban. Should they return in any shape or form before a date specified via email, they add a month to their ban...and will be banned immediately upon every attempted return through either IP, or alternatively "trademark" behaviour recognition for those Oh-so-smart little bunnies that think masking their IP will actually hide their identity.

Oh yeah, and all BANNINGS should be discussed among no less than three moderators so as to avoid bias.
I also agree that we DO need new moderators, apart from BR...the rest of them simply aren't here enough to make a system like this work.
That's all I can really think of.

MisterSadistro
02-01-2005, 05:18 AM
Damn. I forgot to add "when they post in the wrong forum and are rude when told they have done so".
CK

ChEEbA
02-01-2005, 05:57 AM
shit yeah, I overlooked that one myself...it pisses me off too, it's like sometimes even if you try to be polite about it (well, I at least try to remain civil...usually), they bitch at you...fuck all that.

MisterSadistro
02-01-2005, 06:31 AM
So true. Here's a perfect example (http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13460) .
CK

massacre man
02-01-2005, 06:56 AM
we should make ME an admin yes i agree we should ME an admin

witchy one
02-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Okay-- once again, at the risk of getting flamed-- let me give an alternate perspective.

I DID join the site to pitch my movie (I can't lie-- I need activity on the site to sell this project, and yes, I've joined multiple sites)

I DID post too many times, in multiple forums (I think the total number of threads I created was three)

I AM trying to become a horror filmmaker, I am interested in the genre, and I do read a lot of the posts here (or have since I joined 2 weeks ago)

That being said-- with all due respect, no one tried to politely or civilly explain the rules of etiquette (which I totally would have been cool with) but MisterSadistro HAS told me to fuck myself multiple times, in multiple ways, usually as his opening salvo. If you guys want a private forum, by all means create one. But just because we have an agenda doesn't make every quote unquote spammer evil.

And MisterSadistro-- I saw the rude link you posted as an example, but I must say I've tried to engage you multiple times and you've been nothing but a dick thus far. You also intentionally hi-jacked one of my threads. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but quit playing it both ways. Do you want a civil, open forum with rules and etiquette? Or do you want to make Spam jokes and gang up on people?

Marroe
02-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by witchy one
Okay-- once again, at the risk of getting flamed-- let me give an alternate perspective.

I DID join the site to pitch my movie (I can't lie-- I need activity on the site to sell this project, and yes, I've joined multiple sites)

I DID post too many times, in multiple forums (I think the total number of threads I created was three)

I AM trying to become a horror filmmaker, I am interested in the genre, and I do read a lot of the posts here (or have since I joined 2 weeks ago)

That being said-- with all due respect, no one tried to politely or civilly explain the rules of etiquette (which I totally would have been cool with) but MisterSadistro HAS told me to fuck myself multiple times, in multiple ways, usually as his opening salvo. If you guys want a private forum, by all means create one. But just because we have an agenda doesn't make every quote unquote spammer evil.

And MisterSadistro-- I saw the rude link you posted as an example, but I must say I've tried to engage you multiple times and you've been nothing but a dick thus far. You also intentionally hi-jacked one of my threads. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but quit playing it both ways. Do you want a civil, open forum with rules and etiquette? Or do you want to make Spam jokes and gang up on people? My advice is to let it go...go post.....have fun.

ChEEbA
02-01-2005, 04:14 PM
with all due respect, no one tried to politely or civilly explain the rules of etiquette (which I totally would have been cool with)

Allow me.
This was orioginally posted to somebody else, but I feel it is appropriote for you too, I hope you deem it "civil" enough.

I fail to see what your problem is.
ANY other forum would've had the same overall reaction.
It doesn't matter how good what you're attempting to show us happens to be - Just because you CAN get some kind of free advertising for your product here doesn't mean you should simply be able to come in here and take advantage of that, without contributing to the forum in any other way.

MANY people have advertised their sites and wares in here with out a problem, kpro, vodstok, and thesoundofdirt to name but a few...
WHY? Because advertising wasn't their sole purpose for being here. In fact, these guys knew everyone pretty well before even posting a thing about their respective sites..etc, they have contributed, and actually bothered to engage some of us in conversation.
If you don't have the common courteousy to at least TALK to us, that's like a complete stranger coming up saying something like...
"oh hey, I'm gonna throw a party in your house, and you can fuck off for all I care, loser, because I don't really much give a fuck about anything other than your exploitation."
As you can imagine, this would not go down well anywhere else, and that is basically what you have attempted to do here - so don't complain about the negative reaction, you should know better.
Proper etiquette should be afforded to everyone, no matter the environment. If you cannot comply with this, do NOT expect a "welcome wagon", because you will NOT be welcome.

If you're going to stay, for somthing OTHER than your attempt to establish your moral high ground over us, based on ignorance and/or our initial reaction to you...then I sugest that you GET OVER IT, get posting and show us that you're here to do more than exploit our community.
If not, then you should probably just leave.

PEACE.
- B.

witchy one
02-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Point taken. And your earlier points make good sense, too.

I still think MisterSadistro was kind of a dick.

So................ seen any good movies lately?

MisterSadistro
02-01-2005, 04:32 PM
"waaahhh ! Mister Sadistro was a dick to me ! waaaaahh !" LOL
The spam pics are obviously meant in jest (even if you had started 3 seperate threads on the exact same subject and were told to fuck off by numerous other people before I said anything at all) to get a point across (and none of mine say "fuck off"). Obviously the point is sinking in. Sorry to hurt your feelings :( On the other hand, there's no reason a "private" forum should be made because you started 3 threads about the same thing (even with my hijacking, there's still 2 more out there). You want to make films ? Great. I do them myself. However I never ducked the New Member Lounge to not make an intro, head straight to the Film Section and post something to the effect of "Hi ! Here's my film. Me, me, me. My film, my film, my film", esp to make multiple threads of it when people either ignored it or told me to fuck off. Still think I'm a dick ? That's fine with me. I was at least being humorous about it and didn't resort to name calling.
CK

Sedated_replica
02-01-2005, 07:45 PM

And MisterSadistro-- I saw the rude link you posted as an example, but I must say I've tried to engage you multiple times and you've been nothing but a dick thus far. You also intentionally hi-jacked one of my threads. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but quit playing it both ways. Do you want a civil, open forum with rules and etiquette? Or do you want to make Spam jokes and gang up on people?

I'm witchy one and I'm a fuckin' retard

MisterSadistro
02-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm witchy one and I'm a fuckin' retard
LMAO
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/DVPsurvivor.jpg
CK

allmykids
02-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Bloodrayne is the only mod that's ever here my ass!! I 'm on everyday at least 2 to 3 times a day.

witchy one
02-01-2005, 09:39 PM
okay mr s-- you're right. You didn't resort to name-calling. And I shouldn't have either. My apologies. I believe I told you your Spam graphics were funny. The first four times. At least you are spending plenty of time coming up with new material...And I must give credit where credit is due: sedated_replica-- now THERE'S a talented word-smith.

So no harm intended, best wishes, and have fun. I will retreat humbly, tail between legs, and trouble you no more.....

By the way-- if you haven't already, please check out our website:

www.witchesnight.com

Peace.

MisterSadistro
02-01-2005, 09:47 PM
<sighs> Just when I thought we'd made a break through .... witchy, repeat after me:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/DVPnewspam.jpg
CK

Sedated_replica
02-01-2005, 11:09 PM
sedated_replica-- now THERE'S a talented word-smith.

www.witchesnight.com

Peace.

Its about as cleaver as you're ORIGINAL movie plot

"Four guys. A long-delayed canoe trip. A beautiful, pristine forest. Lots of beer. Sounds like the perfect getaway weekend...until the crazy old woman appears on the riverbank. The guys stumble across a ritually mutilated buck. And they just can't seem to shake the feeling that they're being watched..."

That is the stupidest sounding movie I've ever heard of

The crazy old woman!!! Its inZaNe!

(yeah... I know its misspelled, retard)

:rolleyes:

MisterSadistro
02-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Dammit, Sedated ! You actually went to her link ?! LMAO
CK

Sedated_replica
02-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
Dammit, Sedated ! You actually went to her link ?! LMAO
CK

I fell for it... :(

MisterSadistro
02-01-2005, 11:40 PM
OK. I'll make the sacrifice to bring it back here just so no one else does, therefore no more traffic to her site.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/WN.jpg
The damn film isn't even set to show until 8 months from now. Why bother everyone with this ? I've got 2 films that I've worked on coming out this month and haven't mentioned either of them here once.
You know why, witchy ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/DVPstupid.jpg
:D CK

witchy one
02-02-2005, 05:16 AM
Nice to see an actual photo of you after all this time, Mr. S. You and I should get together...

But now I'm gonna get killed for dragging the movie into my silliness-- so good bye and good luck all!!

MisterSadistro
02-02-2005, 10:12 AM
It happens.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/DVPgoodbye.jpg
CK

Sedated_replica
02-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Mr. S. You and I should get together...

Mr. W 1. I'm sorry, I'm not into gay sex

massacre man
02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
OK. I'll make the sacrifice to bring it back here just so no one else does, therefore no more traffic to her site.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/WN.jpg
The damn film isn't even set to show until 8 months from now. Why bother everyone with this ? I've got 2 films that I've worked on coming out this month and haven't mentioned either of them here once.
You know why, witchy ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/darthvonpokemon/DVPstupid.jpg
:D CK you just mentioned the films

massacre man
02-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by allmykids
Bloodrayne is the only mod that's ever here my ass!! I 'm on everyday at least 2 to 3 times a day. i'm here too and i'm a mod (it will come true if i beleive)

MisterSadistro
02-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey, if posting a redone version of the noobs spam will make her go away, God bless us all. Her threads were piling up. Screw her and her friggin' spam.
CK

kpropain
02-04-2005, 07:07 AM

MisterSadistro
02-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I have another to tack onto the poll list: when a noob shows up and repeats a question that was asked and answered only a few threads ago, but never bothered to read any.
CK