PDA

View Full Version : Lost

The STE
01-30-2005, 02:12 PM
This show (especially Locke) owns all of you.
Discuss

phantomstranger
01-30-2005, 02:37 PM
"Lost" is the best new show on TV, that's all there is to it

The STE
01-30-2005, 05:54 PM
man, I love Locke. He's got to be the best TV character in a long time. Besides the character just being cool in general, his story arch is just so deep and awesome.

"Time to let go."

ChEEbA
02-03-2005, 02:22 AM
JJ Abrams makes another kickass show.
I have always been a fan of Alias too, even though sometimes it's inconsistant, overall, it's always been entertaining, I noticed there were a few familiar faces from that show in Lost also.

I just caught the first episode of "Lost" tonight on Australian network TV, and man...it sure looks like some crazy shit, the beggining was was, well so chaotic it was...scary - really makes you NOT wanna fly.
The characters seem pretty interesting so far, it was cool to see
the dude from LOTR too, he's funny...Nice dialogue, scares, the unknown, hopelessness, a few people that seem to have something to hide...and whatever the FUCK the big thing in the jungle is...very enthraling TV, I'm really going to try and keep up with this one.
See how nice my country is?

Sam, how many episodes have screened in the US so far?
Does it get better?

The STE
02-03-2005, 08:09 PM
you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much better it gets. Shit gets weirder, deeper, Locke gets awesome...er, it's just...sooooo great.

The STE
03-30-2005, 06:31 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!! FUCKING ending!!!!!

Oh, this show kicks so much ass

ChEEbA
03-30-2005, 08:35 PM
What?!?
Already???

The STE
03-30-2005, 08:52 PM
No, the ending to tonights episode.

THIS!!!

SHOW!!!

KICKS!!!

SOOOO!!!

MUCH!!!

FUCKING!!!

ASS!!!

Spy Crouch
04-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I prefer Alias, but the debate over which show is in fact better is pointless and will never be settled. That said, it's a decent show, and i'd probably think better of it had I seen all the episodes. As it is, I am only going to catch it when bored and wait for the first season to hit DVD.

ChEEbA
04-05-2005, 05:12 PM
I prefer Alias, but the debate over which show is in fact better is pointless and will never be settled.

True, I watch and enjoy both...I'm still only in the first season of Lost here (AUS), maybe 6 episodes in? And I've seen Alias seasons 1-3 in their entirety on dvd...currently awaiting 4.
You're right, I don't think the two could, or should be compared.

- B.

Spy Crouch
04-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Word, word.

I watched the most recent episode of Lost, which did indeed rock.

The STE
04-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Lost is still only in the first season, Cheeby, you're not THAT far behind

Spy Crouch
04-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Six minutes until tonight's episode in Indiana. Is it new? I wouldn't know, because I haven't seen it regardless.

The STE
04-06-2005, 05:04 PM
it was new and OMFG that last segment

ChEEbA
04-07-2005, 01:17 AM
I know you guys are in first season too...but it's kinda towards the end eh? I'd say you've got a good 5 episodes on us...
Dammit...I hate not being able to discuss relevantly...

The STE
04-07-2005, 01:37 PM
OMFG!!! OMFG!!!

"He didn't die...he was murdered."
"Where are you going?"
"To find John Locke!"

THIS FUCKING SHOW OWNS YOUR SOUL! FUCK! 20 days until another episode!

alkytrio666
04-28-2005, 04:18 PM
I'd have to agree...this show is pretty unbelievably awesome. My favorite character is either Locke or Sawyer, They've both got a lot of mysterious shit behind them. I'm totally pumped for the season finale, but I'm not sure I'll be able to wait until the next season. There'll be just too many unanswered questions. Holla' back.

ChEEbA
04-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I saw an episode last night...I'm behind here (aus) as y'all know.
The guy that wasn't on the flight manifest has just come into it, and kidnapped charlie and the pregnant chick, man, it was so messed up how he got strung up, for real, I thought he was dead...it would have been one shocking motherfucker if they HAD killed him off, but I'm kinda glad they didn't...

Now for some asshole reason, it's not on for another 2 weeks...I hate that!

The STE
04-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I'd have to agree...this show is pretty unbelievably awesome. My favorite character is either Locke or Sawyer, They've both got a lot of mysterious shit behind them. I'm totally pumped for the season finale, but I'm not sure I'll be able to wait until the next season. There'll be just too many unanswered questions. Holla' back.

They will so fucking hang us out to dry with the season finale...

The STE
04-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ChEEbA
I saw an episode last night...I'm behind here (aus) as y'all know.
The guy that wasn't on the flight manifest has just come into it, and kidnapped charlie and the pregnant chick, man, it was so messed up how he got strung up, for real, I thought he was dead...it would have been one shocking motherfucker if they HAD killed him off, but I'm kinda glad they didn't...

Now for some asshole reason, it's not on for another 2 weeks...I hate that!

Yeah, Ethan. You blokes are lucky, I think it was 3 weeks in the states between that and the next episode. Although our break happened after the episode where Ethan first shows up at the end. I was super fucking pissed.

ChEEbA
04-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I woulda been too...
So this ETHAN guy, seems a pretty brutal fucker, eh?
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a good fight between him and either Locke, or um....yknow, long blonde haired "asshole" guy...

I'm not sure if it's him, but a while ago, I heard that someone that came into the series later was actually meant to be the cousin of Tom Cruise...is THAT Ethan? 'cos they sure got a similar voice...

The STE
04-28-2005, 05:37 PM
I dunno. As for the fight stuff, I'm not saying a word, except that what happens is fucking badass.

BTW, long haired asshole guy = "Sawyer"

jenna26
04-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I watch this show also. Drives me nuts, but I can't pull myself away. What the hell is happening on that island anyway? ;) I watched the recap last night and I am ready for the season's last few episodes already.

Locke is by far the most fascinating character, but he still pisses me off. Not as bad as that slimeball Sawyer though.

The STE
04-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Locke doesn't piss me off. He's too awesome. "Don't tell me what I can't do!" "Time to let go." The moth speech, everything. Sooooo awesome

jenna26
04-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Coming in to edit, if you haven't already read this and you are behind on the episodes. There are spoilers below, be warned! I will be more careful next time....

Actually he didn't piss me off until the incident in the last episode. I have issues with his reactions ("Why are you doing this to me? I mean, excuse me, but huh? It wasn't all about him by that point.) and the decisions that he made. I still think he is the most interesting of the bunch and like that you can't always tell whose side he is own. But Boone, dim bulb that he may have been, was Locke's friend.

Okay, I am way too into this.....lol.

The STE
04-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Well, consider what he was going through. What would pass as his only real friend, and his surrogate son, Boone, had been hurt and the island was taking away his legs. And even if it did seem a bit selfish, the scene ended with the most awesome thing that happened in the series, so it's instantly forgiven.

BTW, I deliberately neglected to say what happened because some places are behind in the episodes

jenna26
04-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Oh damn, didn't think about that.....I won't mention anything specific from now on.....

But a bit selfish? He was selfish the entire episode. And after his own past, he should know better. :mad: So I don't forgive him. Never. Never I say. :p He had a responsibility in my opinion, and he didn't live up to it. And that is all I will say.

The STE
04-29-2005, 08:12 PM
SPOILERS!!!

Keep in mind, after 4 years in a wheelchair, he could finally walk, and the island was taking it away from him. There was no way he would've been able to get into the plane. Plus, Boone decided on his own to stay in the plane for the radio

jenna26
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
SPOILERS BELOW! BEWARE!

I understand his being upset with the island taking away what it "gave" to him. But he also had information Boone didn't have. He had an alarmingly accurate premonition of Boone in danger (covered in blood=danger to me) and he knew he could trust this premonition (plane crash, the reference to Boone's nanny). And Boone's fate was obviously tied directly to the plane that had crashed. So he didn't stop and think that maybe he shouldn't have asked him to go up there?

Besides that, which I can kind of forgive considering his obssession, I can not forgive him dumping Boone at Jack's feet, lying to him about what happened and just disappearing. He didn't even consider for a minute that he might be of help to him. Even if meant just being a comfort to Boone. That just irked the hell out of me. Boone was an adult and was responsible for his actions, but he didn't have the information that Locke did and Locke didn't warn him. And he paid dearly for his mistake. Locke has yet to, in my opinion.

And can I just say, glad to have someone to discuss this show with....lol...:)

alkytrio666
04-29-2005, 08:59 PM
I think I'm right in between you guys, but I think it's as simple as this. Locke is so obssessed by the island he really doesn't care about anyone on the island anymore. Or anything. He just wants "in" (and STE and Jenna, you know what I mean). I'm just so fricking pumped to find out what "it" is.

The STE
04-29-2005, 09:09 PM
SPOILER

I think Boone was a sacrifice. Remember in The Moth, Locke told Charlie the island would give him what he wanted, but he had to give it something. Notice that Locke's legs worked well enough right AFTER the plane crash. The island did NOT want Locke to get on the plane, but wanted someone to get on it.

Basically, I think there's too much up in the air to condemn Locke yet.

jenna26
04-30-2005, 11:42 AM
SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

I guess that is exactly my problem with it, because I also believe Boone was a sacrifice. It is all well and good for Charlie to sacrifice his addiction to the island. It isn't okay to sacrifice another person. And I think Locke was, at the very least subconsiously, aware of why Boone was the one to go into that plane. Don't get me wrong, I think that the word "murder" is harsh when used to describe what happened. I just think Locke is more than a little responsible for what happened there. And no matter what comes to light in my opinion, that will not change. Any blame that falls on him after this, he brought on himself.

ChEEbA
04-30-2005, 01:27 PM
*Steps out*

...Thanks for the initial thought anyhow, Sam...

dodge50
05-01-2005, 07:28 AM
People HELP!

Can anybody give me a brief run-down on what Lost is about?

I live across the pond and we don't have it over here (or at least I've never seen it), but I would like an idea in case we get it. :)

The STE
05-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by dodge50
People HELP!

I live across the pond and we don't have it over here (or at least I've never seen it), but I would like an idea in case we get it. :)

Plane crashed, people on an island, awesome TV insues

The STE
05-03-2005, 01:48 PM
26 Hours, 12 minutes until the shit hits the fan

jenna26
05-03-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm ready! Seems I have been waiting forever. Damn reruns!:mad:

The STE
05-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Man, this one was good, but next week will kick your fucking ass

dodge50
05-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by The STE
Plane crashed, people on an island, awesome TV insues

Brief and to the point.

The STE
05-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Born To Run tonight, and they introduce the new regular character, Mr. Artz

The STE
05-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Oh, man, next two weeks will own your fucking face

The STE
05-16-2005, 05:06 PM
http://ravenbomb.250free.com/uvs050516-001.JPG

Screencap from the past episode of Lost, we got thunderstorm warnings and THAT was the time some of them were over...

alkytrio666
05-22-2005, 09:28 AM
3 days 'till we get blown away. :D

The STE
05-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Hells Yes

The STE
05-25-2005, 07:39 AM
8 hours and 20 minutes

alkytrio666
05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Fuck yah...

The STE
05-25-2005, 01:52 PM
movie's length away

The STE
05-25-2005, 06:05 PM
What the fucking fuck...

this show is so fucking awesome

jenna26
05-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Agreed. This show rocks.

But can I just say a spoiler-free OUCH.....:eek:

Pretty intense.

Jim Allcorn
05-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Last night's season finale was awesome.
Great stuff! :D

Wish we'd have gotten at least SOME answers to take through the long summer hiatus with us, but I'm not gonna bitch about the fact that we really didn't.

SPOILER WARNING for those that haven't
watched the season finale yet ( though,
why would you come here & be reading
this if you hadn't? :confused: Still,
just in case...)

- I thoroughly enjoyed all the science teacher's little in-jokes
about him & the "40 other passengers" not being in the loop
with Jack, Kate, Locke & the rest. And his comment about Hurley's weight. Funny stuff!

- Not to be too picky, but I wish they had aged the Black Rock
a bit more. I'm sorry, but it just didn't look anything like a ship
that had sat in the jungle rotting for 300 some odd years.
Neither inside nor out.
I usually don't allow details like that distract me, but c'mon,
the chains inside looked bloody brand new!

- SO glad that they didn't drag out Claire's baby's (Aaron's)
kidnapping to next season.

- Thought for sure that the black smoke was going to lead
to the introduction of some survivors from the plane's tail
section in the end & that that was going to be where
Michelle Rodriguez's into as a series regular would come in,
but... I was wrong.

- Don't know why, but I actually found those people on the
boat creepy. That whole scene was very well done.

- It's gonna be a LONG wait for season two in September!

- BTW, I thought both the previews for the fall's two new
genre series INVASION & THE NIGHT STALKER looked
pretty good. Especially the latter's.
Yeah, I know, Mr. Charlize Theron ISN'T Darrin McGavin, but
noone COULD be, so why not go against type for the
redux?
Just my two cents.

The STE
05-26-2005, 07:36 AM
Spoilers:

-I think we need to take a minute to acknowledge just how supremely Badass Sawyer's staredown of the Others on the boat was. The look on his face had "Don't make me kick your fucking ass" written all over it. I half expected that fucking guy with the beard to go impotent and die on the spot. They'd better not have killed him off...

SPOILERS OVER

I'mma go watch that episode again

alkytrio666
05-29-2005, 07:12 AM
AMAZING finale. I agree with everything you two just said. The boat part was by far my favorite scene. I honestly believed for a few seconds that they were actually being rescued. My GOD I was wrong. I won't be able to wait for the next season. I just won't.

Hey Jim, tell me more about those two shows you mentioned at the end of your last post.

sandy_x
06-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by dodge50
People HELP!

you can dowload it on limewire thats wat i did after reading this thread cheers guys for a bloody great show.

evil_blonde
07-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Lost is GREAT, although it is a little over hyped.
Trust me to read all those spoilers, when I'm behind by an episode or two here (NZ.) Haha.

bfs8
07-20-2005, 10:14 AM
I think that Lost is one of the best TV Shows on right now. I just love it. The whole thing has me so perplexed! But that is a great thing...keeps my interest peaked! I can't wait till Sept so I can buy the first season on DVD!

The STE
08-24-2005, 08:57 PM
the first season comes out on DVD Sept. 6th, and the second season starts Sept. 21st

alkytrio666
08-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Hell yah...

I'm so fucking psyched.

The STE
09-10-2005, 02:58 PM
week from Wednesday~!

BexTC
09-11-2005, 03:07 AM
I love lost but I'm pissed cause in australia the second season wont air till febuary.

I too thought that Sawyers expression was awsome when faced with the others. He looked so mean.

The STE
09-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by BexTC
I love lost but I'm pissed cause in australia the second season wont air till febuary.

I too thought that Sawyers expression was awsome when faced with the others. He looked so mean.

Like I said, I expected the big 'ol pirate captain to go impotent and die on the spot, that look was just SO badass...

The STE
09-18-2005, 07:06 PM
yes! Lost won Best Dramatic Series!

MoonLit Meadow
09-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Two Questions:

What does everyone think is in the "hatch"?:p

What do you think the "monsters" on the island are?:eek:

The STE
09-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by MoonLit Meadow
Two Questions:

What does everyone think is in the "hatch"?:p

What do you think the "monsters" on the island are?:eek:

I think the light IS what's in the hatch. If you've ever read The Colour Out of Space, you know what I mean. The light is a sentient thing (alien, perhaps), that was somehow sealed in the hatch.

The "monsters" are just what Danielle said; a security system. In keeping with the COoS theory, opening the hatch and letting the Light out would cause a huge shit-storm, so a security system would be needed.

BexTC
09-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Have you guys started on season 2 yet? If not could someone let me know when it will begin in the US.

The STE
09-19-2005, 09:03 PM
starts this coming Wednesday (the 21st)

BexTC
09-19-2005, 10:27 PM
k thanks

newb
09-20-2005, 05:34 AM
I'm not going to look at this thread because of possible spoilers.

I had all intentions of watching the pilot episode when this first aired last year....but i missed it...one thing led to another and i just never got around to watching this show...my wife on the other hand has been watching it and has been bugging me to join her but i have protested because i missed the first episodes and didn't want to start in the middle. This weekend my son brought home the first season DVD's....i started to watch it last night and three episodes in....i'm hooked.The new season starts tomorrow night....how am i going to watch 21 more episodes before then?
I figure i'll tape the first week and try to catch up....three a night should do it.

AUSTIN316426808
09-20-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by newb
I'm not going to look at this thread because of possible spoilers.

I had all intentions of watching the pilot episode when this first aired last year....but i missed it...one thing led to another and i just never got around to watching this show...my wife on the other hand has been watching it and has been bugging me to join her but i have protested because i missed the first episodes and didn't want to start in the middle. This weekend my son brought home the first season DVD's....i started to watch it last night and three episodes in....i'm hooked.The new season starts tomorrow night....how am i going to watch 21 more episodes before then?
I figure i'll tape the first week and try to catch up....three a night should do it.

Have your son tape tomorrow's episode(and all others needed) until you finish the dvd then start on the tapes. Unless of course you wont have the time to finish the dvd for quite awhile then I don't know what to tell ya.

newb
09-20-2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
Have your son tape tomorrow's episode(and all others needed) until you finish the dvd then start on the tapes. Unless of course you wont have the time to finish the dvd for quite awhile then I don't know what to tell ya.

Thats my plan....i figure i can watch 3 or 4 a night...without commercials they are only about 45 min. long.I will tape tomorrow nights show and if need be i will tape the following week.That should do it.

The STE
09-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Thats my plan....i figure i can watch 3 or 4 a night...without commercials they are only about 45 min. long.I will tape tomorrow nights show and if need be i will tape the following week.That should do it.

I think they're closer to 40 minutes, actually. Not a big difference, but 3-5 minutes an episode starts to add up after a while.

newb
09-21-2005, 07:43 AM
OK.....i watched 4 more last night...that leaves 14 to go....i will tape tonights episode, [ i'll leave the tape running to also tape "Invasion" ] and should be all caught up for next week. Then i can read this thread and discuss.

The STE
09-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Holy. Shit.

jenna26
09-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Dammit!!!! This show drives me crazy.....but it is awesome, I must say. :D

The STE
09-21-2005, 07:26 PM
I love the way they make you think "Hey, I bet it's...ha! No, it couldn't be that. HOLY SHIT, IT IS!" all the time.

hype
09-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jenna26
Dammit!!!! This show drives me crazy.....but it is awesome, I must say. :D

yea the first season left so many things unanswered.. cant wait though about 5 minutes until season 2 starts...

MoonLit Meadow
09-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Damn tonights episode was gooooooood. I'm going to HATE waiting a week to see the next one :( I got used to watching all of season one on DVD....booooo! ;)

RoLLiNLiGhTs
09-21-2005, 09:55 PM
...I forgot to record the new one tonight! Damn!:(

MoonLit Meadow
09-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by RoLLiNLiGhTs
...I forgot to record the new one tonight! Damn!:(

YOU DID?

They all got rescued....end of story. ;)

I KID I KID:p Don't worry, they'll re-cap next week I'm sure...

newb
09-22-2005, 06:28 AM
12 DOWN...12 TO GO.

ThePhantom
09-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Did you all notice the key around the docs neck when he bent over to look at something it pulled away from his neck. you think that magnetis thing had something to do with they plane crash

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ThePhantom
Did you all notice the key around the docs neck when he bent over to look at something it pulled away from his neck. you think that magnetis thing had something to do with they plane crash

I noticed that...but I never thought of it as having something to do with the plane crash...it defintaely has something to do with why their compasses never work though ;)

But you could be on to something...maybe that's how they suck new "victims" on to the island ;)

alkytrio666
09-22-2005, 06:41 PM
The new LOST was amazing.
Here's my prediction/idea:

**SPOILER**

I think that the hatch/tunnel/underground lair is Hell. And I think that guy from the stadium is Satan. It's crazy and out there, but...

**UNSPOILER**

Anyway I can't wait for next week!

MoonLit Meadow
09-22-2005, 07:50 PM
The new LOST was amazing.
Here's my prediction/idea:

**SPOILER**

I think that the hatch/tunnel/underground lair is Hell. And I think that guy from the stadium is Satan. It's crazy and out there, but...

**UNSPOILER**

Anyway I can't wait for next week!

That's a pretty cool idea alky...I never thought of it like that. And I don't think it's too far out there...anything can happen on that show...you never know ;)

alkytrio666
09-23-2005, 03:26 AM
That's a pretty cool idea alky...I never thought of it like that. And I don't think it's too far out there...anything can happen on that show...you never know ;)

Excellent point.

newb
09-23-2005, 05:59 AM
16 DOWN....8 TO GO

Well actually 9...gotta watch the new one.

newb
09-27-2005, 09:13 AM
First season DONE.

Very good show....good writing,good acting. I can see me getting frustrated trying to following it, now that i can't just pop the next disc in.I'm gonna watch the new season opener tonight and be ready for tomorrow nights show.

ThePhantom
09-28-2005, 11:46 PM
The Island is actually a big ship. It can move back and forward and can sink below the waves if needed.

I base this on the following...

How did the Polar Bears get there and a nigerian drug ship if the island is now somewhere in the South Pacific. The answer is that it moved to those places. At some point in time the island was near the arctic or off the coast of Africa. Same applies for how the Black Rock boar got there, the island was somewhere in the Caribbean/Atlantic.

When Sayid tried to use the compass he realised that something was throwing the compass off. That would happen if there was a lot of metal nearby (like below them).

The tide came in really fast and the people were nearly washed up on the beach - that would happen if the Island started moving in a certain direction and the water would be pushed against the island.

How did the black Rock ship come to be Inland? I.e. the ship is not on the coast, but on the land - the island emerged under the ship.

The rescue planes could never find the island - the island is not known by any other authorities - the only way to achieve this would be to keep moving the island.

Is the cable running off the island - not for power, but for an anchor? (OK, too thin to be an anchor).

The black smoke could be for the machinery that powers the island and moves it.

The stuff down the hatch could be machinery - everything under the island is metal and machinery.

The girl who drowned - did not drown because of a rip tide - she drowned because she went off the very farthest edge of this "ship" - there was not more sea bottom underneath her - only deep ocean.

There are two possibilities for all the other factors.

1. The Supernatural (Spiritual) theory. This is somehow the afterlife, or some god factor (remember the Deus Ex Machina episode), or some alien technology or alien ant farm. They all fall under this category. anything supernatural.

2. The Natural Theory. This is the Govt or civilian or criminal conspiracy theory. There is a rational explanation for everything, but it involves genetic experiments, or super technology and all these people are tied together somehow in the conspiracy or derivatives of this conspiracy. There is a rational explanation for the monsters and sickness. Also includes the Pirate Theory. maybe somebody can elaborate on this for me because it is the weakest part. But in this category I put pirates, criminals, etc. the others are the children of pirates, or slavers who were shipwrecked on this "island" a long time ago. they are now into criminal activity, drugs, abduction, etc. The others who captured Walt are simply pirates or criminals. A vast criminal empire - James Bond type arch enemy.

into the above three categories the island/ship theory would have to fit.

Just thought what you think

alkytrio666
09-29-2005, 03:40 AM
Wow, dude, that's a really, really good idea. Evrythng you said makes perfect sense. I never thought of that, and it's kind of creepy.

That made my morning better man, thanks.

P.S. Last night's episode was very good, but there wasn't enough new stuff, a lot was just recaps of last week!

newb
09-29-2005, 05:29 AM
Nice theory's Phantom.Although i can't agree with the "Island is a ship" idea. If it was some sort of ship that kept submerging and resurfacing, wouldn't the polar bears and Black Rock be washed away.

I think its more along the supernatural lines that have a tie in with Walt.He's reading a comic book with polar bears on the cover and all of a sudden there are polar bears on the island.

And what of Locke's ability to walk.And now whats with Desmond showing up......I DON'T KNOW...I'M SO CONFUSED.

For the record....when Artz blew up...i jumped of my chair.

The STE
09-29-2005, 07:33 AM
The creators of the show have flat out said it's not an afterlife thing

newb
09-29-2005, 07:37 AM

I hope not...its been done.

ThePhantom
09-29-2005, 09:49 AM
A dead man's switch has been talked about already - I'd like to expand on the idea a little - linking some facts together.

A similar story was used in The Outer Limits once

DEAD MAN'S SWITCH

Ben Conklin (JAMES LE GROS) has been a loner ever since his parents died when he was twelve years old. This is one reason why General James Eiger (DONNELLY RHODES) selected him to spend a year buried in a bunker 11,000 feet below the Artic tundra, manning the controls of a doomsday device set up by world leaders after the Hubble space telescope spotted 11 spaceships heading towards Earth. The device is designed as a last-line deterrent against alien invasion and Conklin's job, shared with four other loners in four other bunkers, is to hit a dead man's switch on the bunkers control panel that prevents the doomsday device from going off and destroying aliens and mankind alike. At first, the job is easy, but as the aliens draw closer to Earth, and as Conklin grows closer to his subterranean colleagues, he begins to doubt the reliability of the doomsday machine. News from General Eiger becomes scarce, then Conklin's fellow guardians begin to fall victim to assorted mishaps. Conklin realizes that he carries the weight of the world - and the fate of mankind in the palm of his hand.

Now - if Desmond does get infected, he fails to enter the code - and something happens to prevent the spread of the 'sickness'. He did seem surprised that none of the plane crash survivors were not getting sick, so maybe the sickness has gone - however I think the sickness is there and People ARE getting sick.

What if the 'sickness' did not start out as a sickness at all, but an experiment into psychic ability or another level of mental being. Fo example, seeing ghosts, creating 'phantom' creatures etc.

However it was found that this does other damage and to be unstable and uncontrollable. A huge magnet was installed on the island for it's healing properties and to help 'channel' these abilities - a well known use for magnets. However this magnet also causes navigation equipment (on the island and nearby planes & ships) to go haywire.

Healing Magnets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_healing

The shots Desmond takes are just a preventative 'in-case' the sickness gets into the hatch - I know if i was down there I'd want a second fail-safe.

It will be interesting to see in the next episode when Desmond leaves the hatch if he starts 'seeing' things.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The STE
09-29-2005, 10:10 AM
notice the sound of the number thing (the one that was counting down, and then went up to 108 when Locke put the numbers in) sounded a lot like some of the sounds the Monster was making?

newb
09-29-2005, 10:20 AM

From what i understand, aliens have been ruled out as well.

newb
09-29-2005, 10:31 AM
If you wanna see some crazy theorys...go here... http://www.lost-tv.com/

Its a whole forum on LOST.

newb
10-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Spoilers:

-I think we need to take a minute to acknowledge just how supremely Badass Sawyer's staredown of the Others on the boat was. The look on his face had "Don't make me kick your fucking ass" written all over it. I half expected that fucking guy with the beard to go impotent and die on the spot. They'd better not have killed him off...

SPOILERS OVER

I'mma go watch that episode again

That be this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/rockinmule/sawyer.jpg

The STE
10-04-2005, 07:13 PM
that's the one

Despare
10-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I think they're REALLY throwing us off track with the science thing and the logo of the Dharma Project on the sharks tail and all. It sounds like the island was a good place for a science center but something happened to them as well... the island f'd with the scientists too.

Preacher
10-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Hi

Sorry if i'm repeating anythin people have already said in this thread but I have avoided reading anyones comments cos I don't wanna ruin the suspense.

Was just gonna ask has anyone actually seen the end of Lost yet?? I'm really in to it at the mo but I just get the feelin that the ending is gonna die on its arse. They're building it up to be somethin big but what if its a totally stupid explanation at the end? I'm gonna be a bit pissed if its lame. Does anyone else think the same?

The STE
10-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Lost hasn't ended yet, it's gonna run for about 6 seasons

MoonLit Meadow
10-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Preacher
Hi

Sorry if i'm repeating anythin people have already said in this thread but I have avoided reading anyones comments cos I don't wanna ruin the suspense.

Was just gonna ask has anyone actually seen the end of Lost yet?? I'm really in to it at the mo but I just get the feelin that the ending is gonna die on its arse. They're building it up to be somethin big but what if its a totally stupid explanation at the end? I'm gonna be a bit pissed if its lame. Does anyone else think the same?

I love it as well, but have thought of the same thing...I feel like it's kind of slow moving this season or something...but I guess they can't give too much away in the first few episodes. I'll keep watching as long as it doesn't get too stupid ;) I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.

The STE
10-19-2005, 01:45 PM
God forbid they don't have an OMG Shocking Moment every episode. I love the fact that this season has had a kindof muted feel to it. It'll make it that much bigger when that timer reaches 0

MoonLit Meadow
10-19-2005, 08:16 PM
God forbid they don't have an OMG Shocking Moment every episode. I love the fact that this season has had a kindof muted feel to it. It'll make it that much bigger when that timer reaches 0

I didn't mean that they HAVE to have one...I guess I'm just USED to them having one...in Season one, it seemed every episode was full of action and had something shocking in it...this season is just more mellow so far...I'm enjoying it, it's just different, that's all:)

Preacher
10-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Yeah well we're still on the first series (or season) in the UK. I didn't realise they're gonna drag it out for so long.

Despare
10-21-2005, 07:19 AM
I really liked the last episode, kind of calmer but in 3 weeks looks like somebody bites it...

alkytrio666
10-21-2005, 09:54 AM
I didn't mean that they HAVE to have one...I guess I'm just USED to them having one...in Season one, it seemed every episode was full of action and had something shocking in it...this season is just more mellow so far...I'm enjoying it, it's just different, that's all:)

I, on the other hand, think they should definately have a shoking moment on every episode. I hated the last episode. If theyr're gonna leave us hanging for a week, at least give us something to fret about...

ThePhantom
11-19-2005, 09:49 AM
I think last weeks show was the worst all they did was show what happen with the people who were at the back of the plane.

Wish they would hurry up and tell you more about the island than the people who crashed on the island .

MoonLit Meadow
11-19-2005, 12:38 PM
I think last weeks show was the worst all they did was show what happen with the people who were at the back of the plane.

Wish they would hurry up and tell you more about the island than the people who crashed on the island .

Yeah, but it seems like the people who were at the back of the plane are going to become a big part of the show now...so I think it was necessary to tell their story...I mean, they kept talking about how "the others" came after them...so it only seems right that they would show what happened to them.

Next week seems like we'll get to see the "old cast" again :)

ThePhantom
11-19-2005, 10:36 PM
I hope they reveal more about who those other people are that was already on the island before they crashed .

Yeah your right it was a good they told the story of the other passengers. I just cant wait to see the look on the womans face when she sees her husband is alive. Which she always said from the begining he was alive.

MoonLit Meadow
11-20-2005, 01:32 PM
I hope they reveal more about who those other people are that was already on the island before they crashed .

Yeah your right it was a good they told the story of the other passengers. I just cant wait to see the look on the womans face when she sees her husband is alive. Which she always said from the begining he was alive.

Me too...I'm definately hoping they reveal more about "the others...like...show their faces? ;) LOL.

I'm also looking forward to her finding out about her husband...that should make a great episode.

ThePhantom
11-23-2005, 08:53 PM
You know i was just wondering with all those weapons they have why in the hell dont they just take the "Others" out and they wont have to worry about them anymore . Just seems odd they havent thought about that yet . The other wierd thing is why are they letting Cortez push them around doest the Jin know any karate are something

Despare
11-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Where would they find the others? Just go out looking for them? It doesn't matter how many weapons you have when a trap takes out your tracker and you're stuck in the middle of the island.

newb
12-01-2005, 05:12 PM
good show last night.

MoonLit Meadow
12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
good show last night.

Agreed. I'm glad it finally started picking up the pace...this week's episode reminded me of Season 1...much more exciting. :)

alkytrio666
12-09-2005, 09:45 AM
I can't believe they had the balls to play a fucking re-run the other night...

MoonLit Meadow
12-09-2005, 12:00 PM
I can't believe they had the balls to play a fucking re-run the other night...

I KNOW! :( I heard they won't be returning with new episodes until sometime in January!!!!!! :(:mad:

alkytrio666
12-18-2005, 04:59 PM
I KNOW! :( I heard they won't be returning with new episodes until sometime in January!!!!!! :(:mad:

I love the show, but so help me God they SUCK at pumping out the episodes.

MoonLit Meadow
12-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I love the show, but so help me God they SUCK at pumping out the episodes.

I know it....I might as well just stop watching this season and buy it when it gets released on DVD:p Just when I start getting into it, they stop airing new episodes...BAAAAAAALLS:p

alkytrio666
12-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I know it....I might as well just stop watching this season and buy it when it gets released on DVD:p Just when I start getting into it, they stop airing new episodes...BAAAAAAALLS:p

Haha, my thoughts exactlyyy. How are you MM? I haven't talked to you in forever?

MoonLit Meadow
12-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Haha, my thoughts exactlyyy. How are you MM? I haven't talked to you in forever?

I'm doing pretty well! I just got a new guinea pig, so he's keeping me happy and occupying most of my time. LMAO. He's very demanding of my attention:p

Did you take advantage of DDD's last 20% off sale?:D

alkytrio666
12-20-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm doing pretty well! I just got a new guinea pig, so he's keeping me happy and occupying most of my time. LMAO. He's very demanding of my attention:p

Did you take advantage of DDD's last 20% off sale?:D

Bwah??? When was this. i wish I had, but I obviously didn't.

Congrats on the little porker. What color is he/she?

I quit my job! I FEEL SO FREE!!!

MoonLit Meadow
12-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Bwah??? When was this. i wish I had, but I obviously didn't.

Congrats on the little porker. What color is he/she?

I quit my job! I FEEL SO FREE!!!

OMG!!!!! I feel so bad, I thought you knew!!!!! :( It was back in November!!!! :( I figured you got the e-mail....next time I get one, I'll be sure to let you know so you don't miss out....it probably won't be until the summer though. I think they only do it twice a year.

My little porker is a he ;) His name is Snuggle...ahahahah. Anyway, he's white/brown/black...and totally cute...I think I spend more money on him than I do myself. He's totally spoiled:D

I can't believe you quit your job! AHAHAHAH. That's great ;) I remember you being fed up, so it must be a relief...I hope you find something more enjoyable...that is, if you're looking:p

alkytrio666
12-21-2005, 09:54 AM
OMG!!!!! I feel so bad, I thought you knew!!!!! :( It was back in November!!!! :( I figured you got the e-mail....next time I get one, I'll be sure to let you know so you don't miss out....it probably won't be until the summer though. I think they only do it twice a year.

My little porker is a he ;) His name is Snuggle...ahahahah. Anyway, he's white/brown/black...and totally cute...I think I spend more money on him than I do myself. He's totally spoiled:D

I can't believe you quit your job! AHAHAHAH. That's great ;) I remember you being fed up, so it must be a relief...I hope you find something more enjoyable...that is, if you're looking:p

Haha yah, I'm just gonna be lazy and watch movies for a while, but I'll eventually get a new one. But a note to anybody on this site that this might warn: DO NOT WORK AT A GROCERY STORE! EVER!!

That's totally cool about your guinea pig, hope all goes well with him. If he ever makes babies, you gotta name one Kevin. ;)

And yah haha I totally missed that DDD sale! Lemme know next time, I'm so bad at checking my e-mail.

MoonLit Meadow
12-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Haha yah, I'm just gonna be lazy and watch movies for a while, but I'll eventually get a new one. But a note to anybody on this site that this might warn: DO NOT WORK AT A GROCERY STORE! EVER!!

That's totally cool about your guinea pig, hope all goes well with him. If he ever makes babies, you gotta name one Kevin. ;)

And yah haha I totally missed that DDD sale! Lemme know next time, I'm so bad at checking my e-mail.

LMAO! That's cool, everyone needs a break :)

I doubt my guinea pig will be making any babies ;) He doesn't have a female friend:p But if he magically has any on his own, I'll name one Kevin.

I'll def. let you know next time I hear about DDD too :D

The STE
01-18-2006, 06:06 PM
oh, thnikkaman...shit is going DOWN on Lost!

mikeywalsh
01-19-2006, 06:26 AM
The best moment in the 1st season finale was when Dr Jack said to Kate 'If we survive this night we're going to have a Locke problem'. He's the only character with creepy potential, remember the 1st episode where we seen him with an orange peel in his mouth, coming onto young Walt like an avuncular paedophile.

The STE
01-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by mikeywalsh
The best moment in the 1st season finale was when Dr Jack said to Kate 'If we survive this night we're going to have a Locke problem'. He's the only character with creepy potential, remember the 1st episode where we seen him with an orange peel in his mouth, coming onto young Walt like an avuncular paedophile.

...dude, he wasn't "coming onto" Walt.

alkytrio666
01-20-2006, 09:53 AM
I think that Hurley is gonna have a major role in the future. they're keeping him very close in every episode, and he's got a mysterious background, but they're carefully keeping out right now.

Marroe
01-22-2006, 10:43 AM
I haven't watched this show on TV because I found out about it after a few episodes of the 1st season aired, and I was told I shouldn't watch unless I do from the begining. SOOO, I finally started on season 1 on dvd.

Wow, Lost is one amazingly good show, I can't remember the last time I got this into a series (although it was probably OZ now that I think about it. Lost even has one of the same actors as OZ:)..). It's written VERY well, doesn't get boring, and I love the characters...great show all around.
So anyways, now I see what everyone is so hyped about. I wanted to finish the entire season yesterday but didn't get to. I'll be getting back to it in a little bit and hopefully finish sometime tonight. But then I gotta wait for season 2 on DVD, ach!

Elvis_Christ
01-22-2006, 08:09 PM
I never got into this show.

The STE
01-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
I haven't watched this show on TV because I found out about it after a few episodes of the 1st season aired, and I was told I shouldn't watch unless I do from the begining. SOOO, I finally started on season 1 on dvd.

Wow, Lost is one amazingly good show, I can't remember the last time I got this into a series (although it was probably OZ now that I think about it. Lost even has one of the same actors as OZ:)..). It's written VERY well, doesn't get boring, and I love the characters...great show all around.
So anyways, now I see what everyone is so hyped about. I wanted to finish the entire season yesterday but didn't get to. I'll be getting back to it in a little bit and hopefully finish sometime tonight. But then I gotta wait for season 2 on DVD, ach!

Lost now has 2 actors from Oz. Wheelchair guy and Adebsi (who is fucking BADASS in Lost)

Marroe
01-22-2006, 08:14 PM
!!! Damn, he was the muslum, right? It's been way too long since I've seen OZ. Is it the same creator or something?

The STE
01-22-2006, 08:22 PM
nope. It's also got 2 guys who used to be on Angel

Marroe
01-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Just finished the season a few hours ago. I have to admit I cried a few times:o . Now I'm REALLY anticipating season 2 on dvd because I'm sure I've missed way too much to start with the aired episodes now.....? Anyways, it's an awesome show.

I'm a little confused about some things though, mainly the "monster/security system"....do they ever get more into what it is? Looked like smoke or something to me.

alkytrio666
02-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Since were on the topic of actors from Lost, I just realized the other day that Michael from Lost was the guy from The Matrix Reloaded.

The STE
02-09-2006, 11:57 AM
man, shit's crazy right now

tom-tom
03-01-2006, 05:33 AM
Great show allready through half of the second season though it has to be said it is starting to lose some of its former weirdness

alkytrio666
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
All the re-runs are fucking pissing me off- it's like every other week.

alkytrio666
05-08-2006, 02:34 PM
***Miner spoiler, maybe***

Hooooooly shit.

The new Michael twist is off the HOOK.

I can't wait for tomorrow. Does anyone else watch this show anymore?

BudMan
05-09-2006, 05:30 AM
***Miner spoiler, maybe***

Hooooooly shit.

The new Michael twist is off the HOOK.

I can't wait for tomorrow. Does anyone else watch this show anymore?

Still watching....and waiting.....for fucking explanations........damnit.

The STE
05-09-2006, 02:39 PM
given some of the things the producers have been saying, and the way Abrams has a boner for the finale, I can't wait

alkytrio666
05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Tonight.

Despare
05-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Alright, hope there are no spoilers, you've been warned though.

Anybody see the commercial for the Hanso Foundation? 1-877-HANSORG and www.sublymonal.com? Cool stuff throughout, I LOVE the interactive direction they're going with this show.

Not only that (and I'm probably late finding some of this) but on www.oceanic-air.com it talks about the fact that all flight are being cancelled due to the 815 crash. If you select all the text and past it you see that this message is in the background...

"If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Sally

I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents."

The STE
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
2 episodes left

Despare
05-13-2006, 07:03 PM
I really don't think I've seen anything like Lost... ever. I'm not as obsessed as a lot of people but I love the way this television show is kind of out in the real world with the websites, commercials, newspaper ads, books written by people who died on the flight from the show (and the manuscript for the book being read in the show as it was found by one of the chars.). Brilliant stuff, just brilliant.

The Thing
05-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Ah Lost. The best show ever. Anyone who does not like it has no taste i'm afraid. And those you say it's shite...:mad:

PR3SSUR3
05-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Now the show has transcended from survivor tale into total fantasy, all bets are off.

This makes it much less gripping, and considering many of the 'situations' are built up so dynamically though exciting camerawork and sound only to leave us hanging while yet another commercial break comes around... the whole thing is very mechanical and the manipulation from such a glossy package is wearing a bit thin.

UK Industry regulator OfCom discovered after viewer complaints that only 36 minutes of new footage exists in each 65 minute episode of Lost.