PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Do It All Over Again...

MisterSadistro
01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Here's my concept: If you could do things over again and change them, no matter how possibly insignificant to what the "big picture of the life you lead now" is, what would it be ? I know it's kinda like the "What If....?" comic book of the 70s but I still think it could be interesting. I'll go first... I wish I hadn't broken my streak of not smoking any pot for least 16 years or however long it's been. I'm not religous, right wing, super-Christian, ultra-Consevative or belong to any of those groups. I just get very silly and make topics like this LOL
CK
PS Burrito King food hasn't tasted this good in a long time

Gren the cake
01-28-2005, 12:14 AM
the only thing i can think of was to stop bein so grown up when i was litle

as in, i figured my parents never had money so i never asked to take any of the singing/dancing lessons that i wouldve liked.

doing em now, but not at the level that i could be at, not even close, had i started earlier.

but if that were the case id probably be aimin to be some sort of singer or whatever, and id much rather be a cop ;)

filmmaker2
01-28-2005, 01:16 AM
I wish I hadn't spent all that money on sushi for the last ten years, and put it in the bank instead.

I would still have bought sushi!!!! Just not as often.

Sushi is gooooooooooooooooooooood.

Preacher
01-28-2005, 01:19 AM
I shouldn't have buried the body. I should have just come clean...........

.....er.......

.....oh.......shouldn't have smoked so much weed when I was younger.

Ash x

Vodstok
01-28-2005, 03:36 AM
I wish i woulkd have kept that penthouse i found when i was 9.....

Not really.

Actually, i wish that i had started writing as hardcore as i do now when i was 18. I would probably have a movie or two to my name by now...

urgeok
01-28-2005, 04:36 AM
i wish i had come to Toronto sooner .. gone to school here for film.

but .... i'm pretty damn happy right now - great wife and kid, I like my job (finally) - I'm pretty much at peace with myself.

No idea if I would have any of that otherwise so i'm not sure i'd change anything really.

oh ... yeah .. i wish i'd done more stretching before sports long ago ... so my shoulder, back, and knees wouldnt be such a mess now !!!!!!!!

Sedated_replica
01-28-2005, 02:03 PM
I wish, I wouldn't have become a drug addict (even if it was really fun at times). I still support drugs and some people need them. but I understand "Too much of anything is a bad thing", when your young you don't get it. "The more the better"

But I'm clean now and without regret you wouldn't learn from your mistakes.

orangestar
01-28-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm a little young for this thread.

And I havent done much that's all that regrettable

But I really just wish I would have not "sweated the small stuff"

The STE
01-28-2005, 03:07 PM
can't remember that far back.

ItsAlive75
01-28-2005, 03:34 PM
I wish I hadn't have broken my nose. I would have a straighter nose if it weren't for that day.

AUSTIN316426808
01-28-2005, 04:00 PM
I wish I would've taken my english teacher up on her offer to help out with my writing when i was 15. She gave our class an assignment to write a story about anything we wanted and of course I choose horror, anyway she said i was talented and she would work with me on it but I was all into football at the time and I was pretty good and I loved getting praise for knocking people on their ass(LB) so I just concentrated on that but trust me if i knew I'd be 5'8 and run a 4.4 i would've taken her offer.

Death By Jell-O
01-28-2005, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't even know where to begin.....I don't know if I'd change anything....The outcome of hard times and/or mistakes determines what a person becomes......They either learn and grow from them or make them over and over again and repeat them......I've always learned from mine.....

immortalem
01-28-2005, 05:36 PM
I agree with what Death By Jello said. But sometimes I wish I could have changed some of the relationships I was in.

Marroe
01-28-2005, 06:04 PM
I wish I could almost everything in my life over from about age 14. If I'd actually went to school, and went to live with my Grandparents I would be in a much better place then I am now. I know I'm only 21, but sometimes I feel like I can't change anything now. I just feel like it's too late and I'm stuck with all the bad decisions I made. Or maybe I'm just lazy and need some modivation.:rolleyes:

AUSTIN316426808
01-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
I wish I could almost everything in my life over from about age 14. If I'd actually went to school, and went to live with my Grandparents I would be in a much better place then I am now. I know I'm only 21, but sometimes I feel like I can't change anything now. I just feel like it's too late and I'm stuck with all the bad decisions I made. Or maybe I'm just lazy and need some modivation.:rolleyes:

you're 21 that's when you start your life not decide that it's over.my mom is 40 and she's going back to college to finish what i rudely interrupted, if she can do it so can you.

Marroe
01-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
you're 21 that's when you start your life not decide that it's over.my mom is 40 and she's going back to college to finish what i rudely interrupted, if she can do it so can you. Thanks for the modivation. I'll get there one day soon I hope, I just need to get out of this rutt first.

Gren the cake
01-29-2005, 12:07 PM
^^^ if ur talking 14 sounds like u dropped out of high school? why not just get ur GED i dont thikn that would be too bad...?

^_^

Marroe
01-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Gren the cake
^^^ if ur talking 14 sounds like u dropped out of high school? why not just get ur GED i dont thikn that would be too bad...?

^_^ I'm working on that now actually. Studying here and there. It costs $50 , I gotta come up with it. I live alone so I'm poor:(

Gren the cake
01-29-2005, 12:19 PM
aww $50 isnt too bad. are you working? how about maybe save up a buncha money, then do ur GED stuff?

that way u know, could have some piece of mind. even just readin regular books owuld help too, and watching little things on discovery channel or those national geographics..

Marroe
01-29-2005, 12:23 PM
aww $50 isnt too bad. are you working? how about maybe save up a buncha money, then do ur GED stuff?

that way u know, could have some piece of mind. even just readin regular books owuld help too, and watching little things on discovery channel or those national geographics.. Hahaha, I'm plenty smart enough to do it. I just need to get unlazy and put off a bill or two to get it done. I work, I've been at the same crappy job for 6 years now.

Gren the cake
01-29-2005, 12:27 PM
pshhhh DO IT!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :cool: :D

Marroe
01-29-2005, 12:30 PM
pshhhh DO IT!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :cool: :D That's it! I'm going now! I'm gonna go to college and be an award wining nude photographer! I finally have a plan:D

Gren the cake
01-29-2005, 12:34 PM
u best do it. ill eb checkin up on u!! i dunno where ur located, but having ur GED willd efnitely open up some avenues

and if u get reeeeally ambitious? go for ur AA somewhere :) community colleges arent that bad costwise (compared to any other place) and they'll accept anyone.

really, college can be quite enlightening and door opening. its always good to go back to school!

what is ur job sitiatoin now?

Marroe
01-29-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm the Photo manager at Walgreens:rolleyes: I can actually probably get into college for absolutly nothing with grants. I live alone and don't make shit for money. It shouldn't be that hard, but I wanna relocate first. I hate St. Louis:mad:

Gren the cake
01-29-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm the Photo manager at Walgreens:rolleyes: I can actually probably get into college for absolutly nothing with grants. I live alone and don't make shit for money. It shouldn't be that hard, but I wanna relocate first. I hate St. Louis:mad:

not bad not bad lol. definitely, go to school! but where do uwant to relocate??? and if u do, u know the dril. make sure u hav a lot saved up and junk

come to san diego ;). itz fun. lol but yah, what kind of area r u looking for? city life? east coast west coast....?

Marroe
01-29-2005, 03:43 PM
not bad not bad lol. definitely, go to school! but where do uwant to relocate??? and if u do, u know the dril. make sure u hav a lot saved up and junk

come to san diego ;). itz fun. lol but yah, what kind of area r u looking for? city life? east coast west coast....? Well, if things start going better with my "bf" then I'm supposed to go to Houston, if not I like Chicago. I've never been to the west coast, and I've only been to Mannhattan on the east coast but I could never live there.

urgeok
01-29-2005, 03:54 PM
That's it! I'm going now! I'm gonna go to college and be an award wining nude photographer! I finally have a plan:D

how about an award winning nude model ? :)

Marroe
01-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
how about an award winning nude model ? :) I can't be the photographer and the model at the same time. That's difficult, I've tried:mad:

urgeok
01-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I can't be the photographer and the model at the same time. That's difficult, I've tried:mad:

i have a really good camera !!

Gren the cake
01-29-2005, 04:08 PM
I can't be the photographer and the model at the same time. That's difficult, I've tried:mad:

not that difficult ;)

Haphazard
01-29-2005, 04:12 PM
I honestly do NOT ever regret ANYTHING I have ever done/said, no matter what the consequences were. I truly believe in everything happening for a reason...as long as you learn from the obvious mistakes, then trial and error is a great part of life.

But, just for the sake of this thread...I JUST got done eating an 18 inch cheesesteak and a side of pierogies. This is becoming pretty regrettable. I can't move!!!! I am a total piece of furniture right now!

nine9
01-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Well I would never have started smoking...............just thought I was a tough little shit :rolleyes:

Also................should have listened to my mom and concentrated more on my education and finishing it then my boyfriends. Have always put my heart first.

Lucky thing I even got where I am now.........I am lucky to have my job, no matter how much it pisses me off sometimes!
:p

Gren the cake
01-29-2005, 06:00 PM
^^^ i would imagine (and hope) that many would say that one!

especially YOU, CK.. smoke all the time!

urgeok
01-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Haphazard
I honestly do NOT ever regret ANYTHING I have ever done/said, no matter what the consequences were. I truly believe in everything happening for a reason...as long as you learn from the obvious mistakes, then trial and error is a great part of life.

But, just for the sake of this thread...I JUST got done eating an 18 inch cheesesteak and a side of pierogies. This is becoming pretty regrettable. I can't move!!!! I am a total piece of furniture right now!

i dont have much to regret myself ... but there has been the odd thing i may have when i was young that hurt someone unintentionally - and i would regret that.

i want to get through my life without being a negative destructive force ... like so many other people seem to find nessessary.

sure ,, if someone deserves it .. fuck 'em ... but it's usually better to walk away because most idiots dont have the capacity for change - no matter what you do.

MisterSadistro
01-30-2005, 10:40 AM
I can't be the photographer and the model at the same time. That's difficult, I've tried
If you come to Chicago, I'll take your pic ;)

especially YOU, CK.. smoke all the time!
shhh! But I don't regret it now ! When they eventually remove my blackened lungs, I'll ship them over to you with a "wah ! wah ! wah !" card.
CK

Gren the cake
01-30-2005, 12:23 PM
yeh... i would hafto agre with ^^^ up top. while yeh, it would make SOME THINGS more easier if i had taken lessons earlier on yah yah

BUT,... i wouldnt be where im at/how i am right now, and i woudlnt change a thing. every thing we do, every person, experience, changes us.

dont know where im headed, past is in the past.. just seein what happens! no room for regret cuz that solves noth ing.

Marroe
01-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
If you come to Chicago, I'll take your pic ;)
Awwwwww, man. I was just there 2 months ago too.:p

Iniquity
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
If I had it all to do over again , I think I wouldnt have made the mistake of thinking the state appointed shrink was my friend.