PDA

View Full Version : Dead Alive

ClassicHorror
01-23-2005, 04:01 PM
My sixth favorite horror film. The goriest movie ever made, and one of the funnest to watch with friends. Oh man the gore in this is a Gore Hounds wet dream come true! How can you forget the lawnmower chopping up all those zombies, or when the Mother was split open? I don't know, but I love this film to death.

http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_d/dead_alive.jpg

Elvis_Christ
01-23-2005, 04:35 PM
This is a great splatter film with heaps of dark humor. I wish Peter Jackson would get into doing splatter films again. I love this and Bad Taste. There hasn't been a decent horror movie come out of New Zealand in ages. I'll be making a short one this year so maybe things will change. :p

ClassicHorror
01-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Your from New Zealand?

Elvis_Christ
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Yep I'm from New Zealand.

The Mothman
02-01-2005, 12:19 PM
wanna know a rather funny indie horror film? night of the demons. it really sucks however. however it is rather bloody. theres a part where this chick sticks her fingers under this dudes eyelids, then his eyaes explode. euch.

EXTR3MIST
02-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Is Night of the Demons the one with "Angela", where a girl pushes a lipstick inside her breast?

urgeok
02-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
This is a great splatter film with heaps of dark humor. I wish Peter Jackson would get into doing splatter films again. I love this and Bad Taste. There hasn't been a decent horror movie come out of New Zealand in ages. I'll be making a short one this year so maybe things will change. :p

you'd never guess it was largely a comedy with that cover ..

i loved the bit where he figured he'd take the baby for a walk in the park .. almost had me in tears ...

ItsAlive75
02-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Saw this movie a couple years ago at a friend's house, couldn't even understand what the characters were saying cuz everyone was laughing and cheering so much.

When the zombie punches through the back of that girl's head? Brilliant.

Elliot_Voorhees
02-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by The Mothman
wanna know a rather funny indie horror film? night of the demons. it really sucks however. however it is rather bloody. theres a part where this chick sticks her fingers under this dudes eyelids, then his eyaes explode. euch.

How can anyone dislike that film!?
It's good as, and linnea Quigley is the shiznit.
I think that film is funny as, although some bits are pretty slow and boring when there's action it's cool. The best line is -
Linnea -"do you have sour balls?"
Shop keeper -"yeh, we sure do"
Linnea -"then you musnt get many blowjobs"

ahahaha!!! i love it. Ell voorhees.

The Mothman
02-03-2005, 06:44 AM
i dunno that movie was pretty fukin stupid. and ya this is the one where she pushes the lipstick into her tit. wtf???!!!!

Elliot_Voorhees
02-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah, i know that was fucking retarded.

The Mothman
02-05-2005, 03:32 PM
she probably walked around the rest of the movie with that lipstick bouncing around deep inside her boobs. LOL!

thepsychicfetus
02-07-2005, 06:20 PM
if you liked dead alive, i would recommend going and renting "meet the feebles" which is another peter jackson film which is filmed entirely with puppets. its hilarious, especially the part when the hippo goes on a machine gun killing spree. pure excellence.

Red Dragon
02-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I haven't seen this movie in years. Fun movie but the special effects looked like they were from a GWAR video. Especially the giant thing at the end.

The Mothman
02-19-2005, 04:33 PM
I just got Dead Alive, and its my new FAVORITE MOVIE!

Toxic Avenger
02-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Braindead (or dead alive) is my most favourite movies. Peter gave me everything what i want in this film : Dark humor, zombies, interesting situations, and a lot a lot of gore!

ItsAlive75
03-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Toxic Avenger
Braindead (or dead alive) is my most favourite movies. Peter gave me everything what i want in this film : Dark humor, zombies, interesting situations, and a lot a lot of gore!

Don't forget a giant breasted puppet.

crazy raplh
03-25-2005, 04:09 PM
I loved the rat thing and the two zombies doing it that was cool.

Yellow Jacket
04-11-2005, 12:41 PM
This is, without a doubt, one of the best movies ever made! It had me laughing, cheering, and I almost puked when I seen the pudding scene. My favorite part is still the baby in the park bit. Ma, that baby can run!

filmmaker2
04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I knew that Peter Jackson guy was never gonna go anywhere.

Preacher
04-13-2005, 05:56 AM
Brilliant movie. Love the bit with the rat as well.

urgeok
04-13-2005, 06:29 AM
makes a perfect companion piece for Bad Taste

newb
04-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
makes a perfect companion piece for Bad Taste
Throw in "Meet the Feebles and you got a nice trifecta.

urgeok
04-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by newb
Throw in "Meet the Feebles and you got a nice trifecta.

def worth having but it is a little outside the circle .. not being a horror ... or shot with real people ...

but hey, i nitpic :)

Elvis_Christ
04-25-2005, 04:31 AM
I never really got into Meet The Feebles.

urgeok
04-25-2005, 05:19 AM
I never really got into Meet The Feebles.

yeah , i started it but never finished it myself.
I see enough damn puppets watching TV with my kid.

I'm also probably subconciously measuring it against the other 2 films which are personal favorites ... and it just doesnt fit for me..

i'll probably see it some day and appreciate it on its own merit.

Elvis_Christ
04-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeh I was thinking the same thing. A lot of my friends are really into it so I might have to watch it again. I'm kinda sick of hearing the name Peter Jackson its all the media over here talk about in regard to NZ film. There are other NZ filmakers out there......

I read quite a good candid interveiw with him in an old Fatal Visions magazine around the time of the Feebles the other day. It was cool to hear his enthusisam for trashy "B-Movies" and gore (something he'll hopefully come back too). The Japanese premiere of Meet the Feebles sounded pretty crazy they had that cow with the machine gun burst out and scare the shit out of everyone during the film.

urgeok
04-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeh I was thinking the same thing. A lot of my friends are really into it so I might have to watch it again. I'm kinda sick of hearing the name Peter Jackson its all the media over here talk about in regard to NZ film. There are other NZ filmakers out there......

I read quite a good candid interveiw with him in an old Fatal Visions magazine around the time of the Feebles the other day. It was cool to hear his enthusisam for trashy "B-Movies" and gore (something he'll hopefully come back too). The Japanese premiere of Meet the Feebles sounded pretty crazy they had that cow with the machine gun burst out and scare the shit out of everyone during the film.

crazy japanese !

i dont think we'll see Jackson come back to his roots now ..
I mean that would be cool, but i cant see it.

i like that he still calls his company Wingnut Films :D

Elvis_Christ
04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeh you're probably right hopefully he won't turn into another Ritchie Cunningham or Speilberg. There were always rumours of him doing another zombie type film which could happen I guess. I think it'd be great to see him do a Romero style Dawn of The Dead film.

urgeok
04-29-2005, 05:11 AM
i was more than a little dissapointed that his next choice was King Kong .. seems pointless to me. Unless its just another chance to showcase the landscape of NZ.

to me its as pointless as remaking Star Wars.

virus five
05-12-2005, 06:50 PM
First time I watched Dead Alive, I decided to have chicken wings about halfway through.

Not the best of ideas.

crazy raplh
05-17-2005, 12:23 PM
yummy.

arron wardlaw
06-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
i was more than a little dissapointed that his next choice was King Kong .. seems pointless to me. Unless its just another chance to showcase the landscape of NZ.

to me its as pointless as remaking Star Wars.

i was delighted to hear that he is doing king kong as it is one of my all time favourites. hopefully he will make a faithfull remake with only a few of his own little touches and superior effects( if possible)
Back to braindead , defo 1 of the best horrors of all time, sheer shock value, does anyone know of a gorier film. Also the bit in bad taste when the sheep gets blown up is the funniest piece of film i have ever seen

Vodstok
06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I have yet to see bad taste. I have heard grerat things about the sheep. If it is anything like the hippo machine gun rampage in Meet the Feebles, it will defiantley be worth the rental :)

urgeok
06-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I have yet to see bad taste. I have heard grerat things about the sheep. If it is anything like the hippo machine gun rampage in Meet the Feebles, it will defiantley be worth the rental :)

i heard all about the sheep - and i guess it became overblown for me because i didnt find it as funny as 1/2 the other stuff in the movie ..

its a must see .. non stop insanity

Elvis_Christ
06-12-2005, 01:48 AM
Seems to be what the movie is most well known for.

urgeok
06-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Seems to be what the movie is most well known for.

true ...

but there is just so much other crazy shit going on ...

i loved it - it's my favorite Jackson film ever ..

Elvis_Christ
06-13-2005, 07:15 PM
I think Heavenly Creatures is mine. I watched The Frighteners again the other night hadn't seen it since it came out. Very cool movie although some of the effects look dated now.