PDA

View Full Version : White Zombie

ClassicHorror
01-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I am on a Bela Lugosi spree so I figured I should make this one. This is Bela's second best role apart from Dracula (1931). It is also one of the very first zombie films. The zombies in this are so much different from those in other zombie flicks. These ones are more like minions, and more realistic to what the REAL zombie was.

Back in the early days a woman died. About 6 years later she was brought back to life and was walking around a town like a zombie. This is my favorite type of zombie.

Bela Lugosi also reminds me of Georges Melies in this.

http://www.ufvc.org/2003_2004/10_31_03WhiteZombie/whiteZom300.jpg

phantomstranger
01-23-2005, 02:05 AM
One of the true greats in early horror cinema. Spooky, strange with a very other world quality. One of Bela's best

ClassicHorror
01-23-2005, 10:06 AM
I always thought this film had alot of courage, just look at the other films of its time and compare them to each other. Huge difference.

traxfork
02-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Just got the classic white zombie with bela lugosi

The dvd also had scared to death and the invisible ghost and it cost £1!

All of them are hilarious, but it's wierd to think that people got scared by these movies back in the day

In white zombie lugosi does this hand thing to control th zombies, so funny, i tried it on some girls at the weekend but no luck i'm afraid:rolleyes:

thepsychicfetus
02-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by traxfork

All of them are hilarious, but it's wierd to think that people got scared by these movies back in the day

In white zombie lugosi does this hand thing to control th zombies, so funny, i tried it on some girls at the weekend but no luck i'm afraid:rolleyes:

haha, crazy scots with their crazy money. lol. jk. white zombie was a good movie for its time, and bela lugosi is just priceless.

ClassicHorror
02-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by traxfork

I am going to pretend you didn't say that, I'm angry now.

The_Return
03-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by ClassicHorror
I am going to pretend you didn't say that, I'm angry now.

I was thinking something similar....less polite, however:mad:

ClassicHorror
03-18-2005, 03:52 AM
Anyways this is a true classic, with one of the greatest atmospheres in any film. IMHO.

gordytheghoul
04-08-2005, 05:23 PM
At this website people don't respect opions or love horror films, much less classics.

zwoti
04-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by gordytheghoul
At this website people don't respect opions or love horror films, much less classics.

iamragmar
04-11-2005, 03:58 AM
First of all, this is my first post.

I live in Scotland also and bought the same package of those horror films and I got it for 50pence, and most of the other triple horror film DVDs for the same price, they are a blessing, otherwise I would be infuriated at paying £15 for each those films.
I think some people just like them because they are old and have Bela Lugosi in them and ignore the quality and call them classics.
I would also not say that any of them are funny (even though Scared To Death is supposed to be), Invisible Ghost has a nice feeling about it and is entertaining, Scared To Death is the worst Lugosi film I have seen(I can't say that I have saw an expansive amount of his films though). I was pleasently surprised by White Zombie, I think it's better than Dracula, it is the most hansome I have ever seen him look(the moustache and hair is great) and he displays his full charm and the camera positioning complements every movement he makes in it. The zombies in it are pretty good too. The creaking sounds where the zombies are working is great too.
Please tell me if there are any better Lugosi films.

Elvis_Christ
04-26-2005, 09:26 PM
White Zombie is cheap at the local store here on DVD I might have to invest in a copy.

dantehorrorfan
04-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by gordytheghoul
At this website people don't respect opions or love horror films, much less classics. .......:mad:

jenna26
04-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by iamragmar
Please tell me if there are any better Lugosi films.

Have you ever seen The Black Cat with Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff? It is a very dark film, there is some pretty disturbing images in the movie when you think about it. Very creepy. I always thought it was Lugosi's best film. There is another he was in with Karloff called The Body Snatcher that was also great.

I agree that White Zombie is one of Lugosi's better films.

ClassicHorror
04-29-2005, 09:47 AM
In The Body Snatcher when bela is torturing boris is a perfect scene.