PDA

View Full Version : evil dead series

mudsliptones
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
who likes the evil dead series, I love the movies
the first one was scary as hell, well, supposed to be,
it's low budget but it's in fact really well done, it's not to funny

the 2nd one is more funny, as ash chops of his hand and stuff

the 3rd is all the way funny, man, I love this one, just bouight it on dvd, after renting it like 7 times on vhs :D
clatu, verata, necblughguhguh
haven't seen the apocalyptic ending though

I read an interview with ash (bruce campbell) and he said there are plans for a 4th movie
does someone know more about it?

ChaoticMinister
11-13-2003, 10:25 AM
I have another question about the series...

I haven't seen the first or second (or even the third) in a while now, and I remember being confused as to the first and second.

Question: are the first and second basically the same movie, just the second one is a revamping of the first?

I know, I know... I should kick my own ass for sounding like a total freakin' newb, but I just haven't seen it in so long (maybe a year and a half now)...

*FADE OUT*

mudsliptones
11-13-2003, 10:29 AM
nah man, it's okay
the first movie had ash, the GF and 2 friends, the 2nd only ash and the GF

I looked it up a while ago and putted it on my site
here this is the thing

Some people are confused by the beginning and often ask the question, "Why the hell is Ash taking his new girlfriend back to the cabin? Has he gone mad? What type of bad craziness is this?" Originally, Sam Raimi wanted to show a rehap of what happened in the first film. However, due to complications with working for a different studio, they couldn't get the footage. So, with a few changes (the omission of three characters), the scenes were simply reshot. Evil Dead 2 takes off right from the dramatic climax of Evil Dead. From there, things become unpredictable and completely intense. Evil Dead 2 also introduces a dark and twisted humor that was not so evident in the first film.

moonsorrow
11-13-2003, 11:39 AM
how can you not like ash? one of my fav series, specialy army of darkness, probabley in the minority on that one though...

_Leatha_Face_
11-13-2003, 12:21 PM
stiull havent seen 1 or 2 but if i enjoyed army of darkness ill most likely like 1 and 2 RIGHT???

ChaoticMinister
11-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
stiull havent seen 1 or 2 but if i enjoyed army of darkness ill most likely like 1 and 2 RIGHT???

Like mudsliptones said, the first and second are different in that the second one has more humor, so it all depends on which aspect of AoD you liked the best.

*FADE OUT*

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-13-2003, 03:47 PM
Shit I love all three...I havent heard of a fourth...but I will research it an let you know if I find anything certain.

Ritualistic
11-13-2003, 04:24 PM
all three fucking rocks... !!! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/navigator/devil.gif

avenger00soul
11-14-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
all three fucking rocks... !!! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/navigator/devil.gif

Got that right Ritualistic. They've been talking about a fourth film for years. Most of it is fan rumors, but I've read interviews with both Raimi and Campbell and all parties claim to be interested.

mudsliptones
11-14-2003, 06:38 AM
you wanna know what bruce said about an opening shot?

lol, he would love it that you see a crater moon landscape and the camera zooms out, only to show that that landscape is ash's ass:D

D'Lo
11-14-2003, 09:13 AM
The Evil Dead movies are some of my favourite movies of all time

Ritualistic
11-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by mudsliptones
you wanna know what bruce said about an opening shot?

lol, he would love it that you see a crater moon landscape and the camera zooms out, only to show that that landscape is ash's ass:D that would be funny as hell...

abbycomix
11-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Oh yeah! You know it! Evil Dead 2 is my fave alltime movie and all 3 are grrreat!

NAPOLEON_WILSON
11-14-2003, 10:32 PM
There IS humor in the first Evil Dead film 'mudsliptones'. True, comedic elements stand out much more in the sequels, but I'm sorry, when the 'dead' are constantly hit over and over again and avoid all easy entrances to the cabin it's obviously done partially for amusement. And what about Ash's girlfriend singing him the song "Were' gonna get you..." or how about when the camera pans over Ash inside the cabin making noises every time it passes over a piece of wood. All of these things and more are done in an amusing, stylish, humorous fashion that was perfected in the sequel. I think the reason most people don't pick up on the humor in the first film is because it's much darker than its sequels and also accomplishes very well, the other goals Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert wished to achieve - to shock, gross out, and engage audiences in a simple, eerie atmosphere.....all things that if in the right hands, can be accomplished with a small budget. These things tend to drown out some of the film's humor but watch it again and you'll see what I mean.

mudsliptones
11-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by NAPOLEON_WILSON
There IS humor in the first Evil Dead film 'mudsliptones'. True, comedic elements stand out much more in the sequels, but I'm sorry, when the 'dead' are constantly hit over and over again and avoid all easy entrances to the cabin it's obviously done partially for amusement. And what about Ash's girlfriend singing him the song "Were' gonna get you..." or how about when the camera pans over Ash inside the cabin making noises every time it passes over a piece of wood. All of these things and more are done in an amusing, stylish, humorous fashion that was perfected in the sequel. I think the reason most people don't pick up on the humor in the first film is because it's much darker than its sequels and also accomplishes very well, the other goals Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert wished to achieve - to shock, gross out, and engage audiences in a simple, eerie atmosphere.....all things that if in the right hands, can be accomplished with a small budget. These things tend to drown out some of the film's humor but watch it again and you'll see what I mean.

dude, don't get me wrong, when I see the first one I laugh, lol, but the 2 sequals are more humorous in my oppinion, depends on what humor you like

Damn Heathen
03-23-2015, 10:58 AM
I have another question about the series...

I haven't seen the first or second (or even the third) in a while now, and I remember being confused as to the first and second.

Question: are the first and second basically the same movie, just the second one is a revamping of the first?

I know, I know... I should kick my own ass for sounding like a total freakin' newb, but I just haven't seen it in so long (maybe a year and a half now)...

*FADE OUT*
I think you're confusing it with the remake.

Jake.Ashworth
03-23-2015, 11:41 AM
Sam Raimi made the original with the intent for it to be scary. After going to the theaters to see it he realized people where laughing and saw the humor in it. The second movie was his attempt to remake the original but purposely funny. The third is a direct sequel to the second. The first and second movie are essentially the same movie, but the second had forced humor and the first had accidental humor. Also worth noting is the fact that the first one was poorly filmed on accident. Occasionally you could see above the set. In the second one they slipped in more of that and even dropped a boom mic into view at one point.

Jake.Ashworth
03-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Holy crap... I just realized that I was lead into a 12 year old thread by that Damn Heathen...

neilold
03-24-2015, 12:50 AM
first one was great, piss on the other two

Jake.Ashworth
03-24-2015, 03:44 AM
first one was great, piss on the other two

I didn't even know it was possible to like Evil Dead without loving the franchise. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but my opinion is that your opinion sucks. Lol. Good day sir!

RubyRose
03-24-2015, 10:26 AM
I loved Evil Dead! I think the second is my favorite, I really wanna see Drag me to hell because there's supposed to be a lot of Evil Dead lil references in it

Jake.Ashworth
03-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Drag me to hell is pretty awesome. I love Sam Raimi, there is little he can do wrong.