PDA

View Full Version : TCM(2003) Remake or Sequel

Killer Clown#1
11-13-2003, 09:46 AM
So what do you think?, I personaly think it is a sequel because the characters are all diffirent, the plot is diffirent, the family is diffirent and the whole movie is diffirent imo compared to the first. One reason I think they called it a remake was because the public would not wan't to see a movie titled "the Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 5". If this movie was a remake and wanted to fallow the continuity in the whole series then it failed because (Spoiler!!!!!!!!!) leather face loses his arm. I love this movie but it bugs me "did the writer(s) wan't it to be a remake:confused: I hope you guys will come up with a good explanation:)

ChaoticMinister
11-13-2003, 10:34 AM
That's an interesting theory you got there, bubba... (I call lots of people "bubba")

I dunno what to classify it as, either, but I usually say it's a remake... Though, I think a better term would be like a newer take on the original story... Hrmm... *Strokes stubble...* Intriguing...

*FADE OUT*

downside
11-13-2003, 11:06 AM
It's more of a remake than a sequel. The characters, the plot, the story has all been remade. A sequel assumes some form of continuation, which this didn't have.

Personally, I like this better than the original.

_Leatha_Face_
11-13-2003, 12:18 PM
remake or sequel i dont kare i enjoyed this movie to the fullest but it iz a good question killer SPOILER!!!!!

but that does suck that Leather lost his arm

ChaoticMinister
11-13-2003, 01:13 PM
My brothers roommate just got a bootleg copy of it (not offline)... it's amazing how soon they put it out there... Came in this really crappy and basic box with a white DVD-ROM... I haven't checked the quality, but i'm assuming it's shaking, bad audio, and the "videographers" jacket or boobag flaps will get into the shot from time to time...

*FADE OUT*

nightbreed
11-14-2003, 12:01 AM
the director described it as a "re-invisioning". I personally love this idea, because being a comic dork i love the whole "what if" concept.

Arioch
11-15-2003, 09:57 PM
I dont know about you guys but i was terribly dissapointed with this one. I loved the original and something about Leatherface getting owned by the high and mighty girl from seventh heaven didnt do it for me. She cut off his arm for fucks sake and he didnt scratch her the whole movie she just kicks him away multiple times. On top of that its every horror movie clitche over and over, (spoiler) a noise from a locker, oh its just a cat, watch out behind you.... :rolleyes: nothing original here. i think it had alot of potention but no franklin, and the main character was predictibly unscared at the end because she didnt sucumb to sex or drugs. i really wanted to like this but oh well... hollywood strikes again.

Sick_As_Fuck
11-16-2003, 05:56 PM
It's a remake. Remakes aren't supposed to be exactly like the original. If so then what would be the point in the first place?

Arioch
11-16-2003, 06:14 PM
QUOTE]It's a remake. Remakes aren't supposed to be exactly like the original. If so then what would be the point in the first place?[/QUOTE]

I guess i was just dissapointed at how easily one of my Horror Heros was thwarted. Good point tho.

Malicious_Mirth
11-17-2003, 06:21 AM
i am a big fan of the original lether face as well and i havent seen the new movie but from what it sounds like i have no interest in it!

I mean i agree whole heartedly with Arioch in the fact that leather should never get PWNED!! by a girl....(nothing against females) but there is something about a horror legend getttin his arm cut off by a Post teen chic....kinda pathetic.

Think about it Leather Face has taken many bitches out...... some were far more intimidating that seventh heaven girl...:confused:

bad_religion
11-18-2003, 11:14 PM
Well I personally think that if it is a remake then does that class say the third TMC film as a remake as well as they all were basically the same plot...???

Anyone else think this?

Damien