PDA

View Full Version : blood vs. suspense

olay
11-12-2003, 10:03 PM
as i m watching the years go by, there has basically been two types of scary movies: bloody bloody, and bloody scary. What i mean by bloody bloody are those slasher films. Saddly, i feel that seeing intestines only makes me sick in the stomach rather than rattle in my boots. On the other hand, once in a while there is a ghost story that scares you but you have to keep on watching it, because there is actually a story! this halloween i was really disappointed with the selection of scary movie. I wanted to see Gothika, but that doesn;t come out till sometime november, so i ended up watching the Uninvited. Anyway, that was my ranting about scary movies. What type of scary movie are you drawn to? Are you a creeper (like freaky things), a vampire (like bloody things), or a creaking door (like suspensful things)?

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-12-2003, 10:33 PM
I am a lover of all that fall in the Horror genre. I can usually find a descent scene in every horror flick I have seen. Normally, the bloodier the better..more intestines please..ehhehe.. But I also really seem to enjoy every now and then one that really messes with my mind.. A movie with a lot of Blood and Gore and that has a twist ( that will fuck up your head) is what I prefer.:D

VenomX
11-13-2003, 09:42 AM
I think I've been pretty much desensitized to blood and gore. Unsettling images make any movie good though. The Ring, for example. That movie was only rated pg-13, so there was very little actual gore in it. But it scared the blue hell out of me.

mudsliptones
11-13-2003, 10:11 AM
depends on my mood
I love a good slasher movie, ow yeah, jason rules
but I also like the tension in a good horror movie
but Im not scared easily, so scary movies are not in my book lol
but to sum up, it depends on the mood

meetthecreeper
11-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Depends on the mood, love slasher films just to see the gore, and I love suspense films when it keeps you thinking. Seven and the hannibal lechter films were good. I like movies w/a twist like THe Usual Suspects, something you werent expecting is always good.

tcweidner
11-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Suspense all the way for me :) Thats feeling that something is lurking or that something may be just out of reach and or sight that gets my heart racing

FreddyFan
11-13-2003, 01:11 PM
I'm all of them combined. they're all good. That's my choice.

Killer Clown#1
11-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by FreddyFan
I'm all of them combined. they're all good. That's my choice. I agree :) , that's why I love horror movies because they are all diffirent, if the movie has a lot of gore and no suspense then that's fine, if the movie is scary and has a lot of suspense but no gore then that's cool too, but if the movie has no suspense and no gore then it most likely will suck and trust me some horror movies are like that.

avenger00soul
11-14-2003, 06:15 AM
It really depends on what type of movie I'm wanting to watch. Sometimes you want Psycho, sometimes you want Street Trash.

Ritualistic
11-14-2003, 03:07 PM
I love all types of horror.. But the type I do prefer is Italian gore... I love Bloody/gory movies ... Usually the 70`s-80`s horror flicks get my viewing.. But then again I get in my relaxation mood and watch something like Silence of the Lambs. http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/navigator/lhdevil.gif

FangoFan
11-17-2003, 10:03 AM
I like it all,

the gore, the suspense , the story.
I think the best horror movies combine them all well into the script