PDA

View Full Version : darknight of the scarecrow

allmykids
11-12-2003, 12:05 PM
1981 horror flick, anybody seen it? what is it about? was it any good?

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-12-2003, 05:37 PM
It's about a retarded guy who is blamed for the death of a girl. He hides out in a cornfield as a scarecrow, after the posse kills him their numbers began to dwindle....pretty good flick..ending was outstanding..I thought it was pretty good..but you be the judge I like weird movies.:D

heapodd
11-12-2003, 05:52 PM
I remember that film!

It was quite scary if I remember and faintly disturbing - I liked the way the scarecrow moved around the field.....

Gave me a life-long fear of scarecrows though.

avenger00soul
11-14-2003, 06:28 AM
An absolute classic made for television film. Larry Drake is brilliant in this flick.

Ritualistic
11-14-2003, 02:49 PM
I freaking love this movie... Something every horror fan should see, I havent seen it in years... BUT you just reminded me of it so I gotta get it now.. :D

dmihatmttl
11-15-2003, 09:50 AM
I definitely remember this one. It was one of the first movies I can remember seeing as a kid that scared the hell out of me. "Revisited" it a few years back, and it was still very effective! Would LOVE to see a DVD release of DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW . . . .

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by dmihatmttl
I definitely remember this one. It was one of the first movies I can remember seeing as a kid that scared the hell out of me. "Revisited" it a few years back, and it was still very effective! Would LOVE to see a DVD release of DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW . . . .

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

Yes, a DVD release would be quite pleasing. Anchor Bay, Blue Underground...you guys listening?

Ritualistic
11-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Yes, a DVD release would be quite pleasing. Anchor Bay, Blue Underground...you guys listening?

yeah i was looking for this movie a few years back wishing to see it on DVD but Nope couldnt find it... but of course that was when DVD`s were starting to get big time here in the states... they`ll eventually release it though... ya know I wish "three on a meathook" would be released soon...

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
yeah i was looking for this movie a few years back wishing to see it on DVD but Nope couldnt find it... but of course that was when DVD`s were starting to get big time here in the states... they`ll eventually release it though... ya know I wish "three on a meathook" would be released soon...

That was filmed in one of my hometowns.:) Still haven't been able to find it. I heard it was terrible though.

blackace
11-15-2003, 09:49 PM
I also remember seeing this movie when I was a kid and it scared the living crap out of me...

Nuff' said

Ritualistic
11-16-2003, 11:26 AM
That was filmed in one of my hometowns.:) Still haven't been able to find it. I heard it was terrible though.

I personally love it because I am a fan of deranged family movies...
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/navigator/lhdevil.gif

callmesnake
11-19-2003, 07:13 AM
This was a great movie and i wish I could get my hands on a copy....Larry Drake before Dr. Giggles.....

spoon
12-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by callmesnake
This was a great movie and i wish I could get my hands on a copy....Larry Drake before Dr. Giggles.....

You can probably find the VHS. I wish there was a way to petition for the DVD.

avenger00soul
12-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by spoon
You can probably find the VHS. I wish there was a way to petition for the DVD.

Some guy started a petition for a Return of the Living Dead DVD and it happened. So you never know.

spoon
12-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Some guy started a petition for a Return of the Living Dead DVD and it happened. So you never know.

I'll keep that in mind. I'd definitely buy it. Maybe I'll see how I can start an online petition.

avenger00soul
12-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by spoon
Maybe I'll see how I can start an online petition.

It couldn't hurt. I'd sign it.