PDA

View Full Version : when good horror goes bad

allmykids
11-12-2003, 07:20 AM
1 and 2 are are good. 3 and 4 suck. by 5 or 6 they finally have a hit. case in point h2o,a new nightmare,hellraiser 5. your thoughts?

ChaoticMinister
11-12-2003, 07:32 AM
I'm not exactly positive about what this thread is about...

The "pattern" you think that horror movies and their sequels follow throughout their time?

Please clarify, because it might actually be interesting...

*FADE OUT*

allmykids
11-12-2003, 07:38 AM
they take a good movie, fuck it up, then bring it back to life. it's like they have a brain fart in the middle squeals.

moonsorrow
11-12-2003, 08:06 AM
it doesnt have to be... i dont understand why people hate sequals so much, some suck no doubt, but for those of you that hate sequals for being sequals (witch i think are most of you) try sitting back and enjoying the movie insted of disecting it...i hate when people do that, just pick it apart piece by piece

allmykids
11-12-2003, 08:10 AM
it's hard when you love the first one and want more then it bombs. guess the well has to go dry sometime.

AUSTIN316426808
11-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by allmykids
1 and 2 are are good. 3 and 4 suck. by 5 or 6 they finally have a hit. case in point h2o,a new nightmare,hellraiser 5. your thoughts?

YOU SAID 1 AND 2 ARE GOOD THEN YOU REFERED TO HALLOWEEN AND HELLRAISER.

THE FIRST HALLOWEEN IS THE BEST HORROR MOVIE EVER MADE IN SOME PEOPLE'S OPINIONS INCLUDING MINE.AND AFTER THAT THE FARTHER YOU GO DOWN THE WORSE THEY GET.

AND I ACTUALLY LIKED THE FIRST HELLRAISER A LITTLE BUT THAT'S JUST ME MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT I'VE HAD DISCUSSION WITH ABOUT HELLRAISER MAINLY AVENGER AND RITUALISTIC
HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT THE FIRST IS THE BEST AND MOST ORIGINAL HORROR MOVIE OF THE 80'S.

BASICLY MY POINT IS THE FIRST ONE MAYBE TWO ARE THE CLASSICS(HALLOWEEN 1 AND 2),THEN COMES THE TRASH(HALLOWEEN 3)THEN THEY REALIZE THERE MISTAKES AND GO BACK TO THE IDEAS OF THE FIRST AND MAKE ONE OR TWO MORE ALRIGHT ONES(HALLOWEEN 4 THROUGH 6)THEN AFTER THAT WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THEY'LL COME UP WITH JUST TO MAKE A LITTLE MORE CASH(HALLOWEEN H20 AND RESSURECTION).

FreddyFan
11-12-2003, 01:52 PM
I don't think that it goes like that allmykids. I think most sequels are good. i just pick them apart piece by piece. That's how I watch my movies. I just kick back and relax.

Ritualistic
11-12-2003, 02:48 PM
I myself usually prefer the 1st movie over the sequels... BUT a lot of the sequels have awesome death scenes so therefore I like them all. BUT prefer the first....
one great death scene in a movie gets my vote for being a good movie..

crazy clown
11-12-2003, 05:33 PM
yea thats why i like final destination 2 even tho its not as good as the first.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Sequals are great gives you more of the story(sometimes) Halloween Three..I think they were out to lunch... I actually liked Final Destination 2 better then the first one..better scenes when the people died..the glass scene was ..yes epic.heheh..the barb wire made me think ..the kid in the end fucking loved it pieces all over the damn place... Now there are some movies I wished had sequals ...and some sequals I wish they never would have made..kinda like to know what the hell they were smoking when they made those....But regardless if I liked the first one or not Ive learned to give the second and third and so on it's own chance...Who knows directors can change and better ideas can be brought to the big screen...

avenger00soul
11-14-2003, 06:05 AM
I kinda understand where he's coming from. This is purely my opinion but I'll use this as an example: Howling ruled ass. Howling 2-4 sucked ass. Then 5 and 6 were good again. Please don't give me shit for liking Howling 5 and 6. Too damn many people dog those movies already.

VenomX
11-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Sometimes there just comes a point when franchises stop being art and start being about business. Then we need Yu to come around and make them good again.

Nitara
11-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by crazy clown
yea thats why i like final destination 2 even tho its not as good as the first.

Yea that movie was ok, the first was better, but the action/violence/gore was way over the top and stuck with you more then the first one.

Ritualistic
11-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I kinda understand where he's coming from. This is purely my opinion but I'll use this as an example: Howling ruled ass. Howling 2-4 sucked ass. Then 5 and 6 were good again. Please don't give me shit for liking Howling 5 and 6. Too damn many people dog those movies already.

Ya know a lot of people dont even know that Howling has that many sequels....

AUSTIN316426808
11-15-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
YOU SAID 1 AND 2 ARE GOOD THEN YOU REFERED TO HALLOWEEN AND HELLRAISER.

THE FIRST HALLOWEEN IS THE BEST HORROR MOVIE EVER MADE IN SOME PEOPLE'S OPINIONS INCLUDING MINE.AND AFTER THAT THE FARTHER YOU GO DOWN THE WORSE THEY GET.

AND I ACTUALLY LIKED THE FIRST HELLRAISER A LITTLE BUT THAT'S JUST ME MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT I'VE HAD DISCUSSION WITH ABOUT HELLRAISER MAINLY AVENGER AND RITUALISTIC
HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT THE FIRST IS THE BEST AND MOST ORIGINAL HORROR MOVIE OF THE 80'S.

BASICLY MY POINT IS THE FIRST ONE MAYBE TWO ARE THE CLASSICS(HALLOWEEN 1 AND 2),THEN COMES THE TRASH(HALLOWEEN 3)THEN THEY REALIZE THERE MISTAKES AND GO BACK TO THE IDEAS OF THE FIRST AND MAKE ONE OR TWO MORE ALRIGHT ONES(HALLOWEEN 4 THROUGH 6)THEN AFTER THAT WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THEY'LL COME UP WITH JUST TO MAKE A LITTLE MORE CASH(HALLOWEEN H20 AND RESSURECTION).

DOES ANYBODY AGREE WITH THIS?

Nitara
11-15-2003, 03:28 AM
do you have to yell?

avenger00soul
11-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
Ya know a lot of people dont even know that Howling has that many sequels....

I believe you. It's a sad thing too cuz a couple of them were actually good (5 &6 IMO).

MichaelMyers
11-15-2003, 01:53 PM
allmykids, your theory is flawed. Like Avenger said, some of the sequel numbers you listed were in fact good, like The Howling series. And Halloween 3 was good as a stand-alone movie.

allmykids
12-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
allmykids, your theory is flawed. Like Avenger said, some of the sequel numbers you listed were in fact good, like The Howling series. And Halloween 3 was good as a stand-alone movie.

I was not saying all movies work that way but it dose seem to be the case with most. Ginger snaps was great part 2 was even better and three sucked. mabye if they make a 4th it will take off again.

DraculaInDallas
12-12-2004, 09:42 PM
I was not saying all movies work that way but it dose seem to be the case with most. Ginger snaps was great part 2 was even better and three sucked. mabye if they make a 4th it will take off again.

LMAO :D responding 13 months later :D

I_Still_Know!
12-13-2004, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by DraculaInDallas

LOL....... :D

I would never have noticed that.

Been busy have you AMK???

allmykids
12-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by DraculaInDallas

Ok so I am a little slow at times!! LOL

allmykids
12-13-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by I_Still_Know!
LOL....... :D

I would never have noticed that.

Been busy have you AMK???

I will answer that Question in 13 months!!

Death By Jell-O
12-13-2004, 07:55 AM
Thus begins the sequel to this thread.....

The_Return
12-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Geeze, old ass thread! Avenger00soul, VenomX, SoUl SuRvIvOrS, Freddyfan.... Wow

Anyway, I really dont have an opinion here, lol

I_Still_Know!
12-13-2004, 09:53 PM
I will answer that Question in 13 months!!

LOL!!

OK... I will wait with baited breath. :D

xGuardianx03
12-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Of the Hellraiser series I actually liked 1, 2 ,4 and 5 the best.

I dunno why, but I really liked Bloodline. :cool:

allmykids
12-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by xGuardianx03
Of the Hellraiser series I actually liked 1, 2 ,4 and 5 the best.

I dunno why, but I really liked Bloodline. :cool:

I loved ALL the hellraisers But I think I am the only one in the whole world!! LOL

allmykids
12-14-2004, 05:51 PM
I loved ALL the hellraisers But I think I am the only one in the whole world!! LOL

I forgot I did not like 4. But the rest where good!!

xGuardianx03
12-14-2004, 05:56 PM
I thought 4 was pretty good, plus Angelique was hot! ;)

umm...that has nothing to do with why I liked it... :o :)

I dunno if it's just me but I watched 5 and 6 within days of each other and I really liked 5 but when I watched 6, I felt like I had just seen the same thing when watching 5. (sorry if that sounds a little confusing...)

allmykids
12-14-2004, 05:59 PM
I thought 4 was pretty good, plus Angelique was hot! ;)

umm...that has nothing to do with why I liked it... :o :)

I dunno if it's just me but I watched 5 and 6 within days of each other and I really liked 5 but when I watched 6, I felt like I had just seen the same thing when watching 5. (sorry if that sounds a little confusing...)

I liked 5 Alot!! ALOT, ALOT!! Great mind Fuck!!

xGuardianx03
12-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Do you collect any Hellraiser collectibles? I just posted any the toys section that I found about 5 of the Hellraiser figures I needed for about 2 bucks each. I was very excited! :)

allmykids
12-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Do you collect any Hellraiser collectibles? I just posted any the toys section that I found about 5 of the Hellraiser figures I needed for about 2 bucks each. I was very excited! :)

I would like to but no money!!! I want the puzzle box!!

xGuardianx03
12-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I saw a puzzle box at Spencer's awhile back. It was made from wood, very sturdy but they wanted like 30 bucks for it.

The series 1 figures each come with a piece of the puzzle box, so you can build your own plastic version. It actually looks pretty decent, but alas... I only have 2 of the series 1 figures and therefore a partial puzzlebox...:)

The series 2 figures come with pieces of the Pillar of Souls and I actually just completed that. It's pretty cool.

allmykids
12-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I saw a puzzle box at Spencer's awhile back. It was made from wood, very sturdy but they wanted like 30 bucks for it.

The series 1 figures each come with a piece of the puzzle box, so you can build your own plastic version. It actually looks pretty decent, but alas... I only have 2 of the series 1 figures and therefore a partial puzzlebox...:)

The series 2 figures come with pieces of the Pillar of Souls and I actually just completed that. It's pretty cool.

COOL!! I would love to have everything to do with hellraisers!!