PDA

View Full Version : Still haven't played...

ChEEbA
12-18-2004, 07:33 AM
...Just wondering if there are any games out there that you guys have always wanted to play, but never got around to it?
I'm not just talking over the last few years, but "at all", be it a recent pc title, or something for the original n.e.s...
Perhaps we can discuss titles mentioned with those that have played them?

I can't think of any really old ones right now (trust me, I'll get back to you all on that), but the more recent ones would be:
Blood 2
Deus ex 2
ANY of the warioland games
Doom 3
HL 2
Battlefield 1942

So, what have I missed? (don't bother for that question in regards to HL2, trust me, as much as it pains me to not be able to play it, I'm quite up to date with all the info)
What are some of the good things about these games?

- B.

monster-dud
12-18-2004, 07:39 AM
I'll bet your good at playing Clue.

ChEEbA
12-18-2004, 07:52 AM
If you can't stay on topic, y'know...you could always just NOT post.
If your Holmes collection is meant to somehow annoy me, it doesn't. In fact, I'm a fan (queue your lame comment) - thankyou for the pictures.
What DOES slightly irritate me, is that you're posting your irrelevant bullshit in my thread...but hey, I don't expect anything'll be done about it - not with how shitty the moderation is here, you alone stand as proof of that.

So congratulations on your ongoing attempt to piss me off, you've reached "slight irritation", the kind you might get from a flickering lightbulb. You must be proud.
Keep trying.

monster-dud
12-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Jesus, pull your panties out of your ass, I just said you'd be good at playing Clue.:rolleyes:

ChEEbA
12-18-2004, 04:07 PM
^Like an ITCH, on my balls...

ChEEbA
12-18-2004, 07:34 PM
So....unplayed games.....ANYONE?
I know there's one or two gamers up in here...
Where's Vodstok when u wanna talk games?!?

dantehorrorfan
12-18-2004, 08:15 PM
the games i havent got around to playing are gta san andreas,KOTOR 2,OO7 Roug Agent, and killzone

ChEEbA
12-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Dmna, I haven't even played KOTOR 1 yet...althought I've considered it...is it really ALL THAT??

I just remembered one I was interested in playing but never did - snes secret of mana...anyone play it?

dantehorrorfan
12-18-2004, 10:25 PM
KOTOR 1 is hella good it got best rpg of the year for the xbox and u get to choose from a shitload of jedi powers....so if you like rpg's this game is for U

Sedated_replica
12-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ChEEbA
I just remembered one I was interested in playing but never did - snes secret of mana...anyone play it?

Secret of mana and Secret of Evermore are my favorite RPG's on SNES. They fuckin rock. Also Earth Bound and Black Thorne. If you love old school games like me

Hate_Breeder
12-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Goldeneye Rougue Agent
Bloodrayne 2
Leisure Suit Larry
Madden NFl 2005
Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater

The_Return
12-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Viewtiful Joe 2
Xmen Legends
Anything ever made [That I havnt played] for NES

Sedated_replica
12-19-2004, 03:11 PM
I read a review that said Goldeneye Rougue Agent sucked. I know you can't trust reviews

ChEEbA
12-19-2004, 05:43 PM
S_R:
YES! Earthbound was some crazy shit...there was version on nes as well called earthbound zero, I havent got into it yet, but I have it on an emulator around here somewhere.
The SNES one was tha shit!
Secret of evermore...was that somehow related to Mana? I think I may have played it, you get caught in a time travel kinda fuckup, you wake up on an alien planet, and your dog is with you? standard top-down turn based combat rpg?
Never played much, but it wasn't bad.
Blackthorne (aka blackhawk) was ok, but for that kinda game, I much preferred flashback - that's like one of my favourite games EVER.
And yes, I'm SO FUCKING into oldskool gaming...especially the 8-16 bit era, still the finest ever IMO...

H_B - Are you talking about the "new" leisure suit larry game, or just ANY of them? The new one looks quite different from any of the ones I've ever played...wich is probably good, as I only really ever liked the first one...

This rougue agent game...does that somehow take place at the same time as the goldeneye movie/game?
Seems like that might be interesting, but it's been done...didnt the kain series do that? Not to mention the No one lives forever 2 spinoff thing "contract jack"

That reminds me, those are two games I've yet to play, NOLF2 AND Contract JACK - I've just ordered NOLF2, to arrive on thursday....
Has anyone played either of them? How do they rate compared to the first one?

T_R -
Viewtiful Joe? I know I've heard the name...

X-men legends, now THAT looks good...I agree. I hope it turns out a little better than, what was it? freedom force?
That was KINDA funny, but slow and boring if ya ask me.
The x-men one looks to be WAY better so far...

Another one I played a bit of, but would love to get again (when I get another console, when....and if) would be Onimusha, I only played a tiny bit, it was something like a cross between resident evil and devil may cry...pretty good.
Now there's a few different ones - anyone played any?

newb
12-19-2004, 06:04 PM
This is not quite what you are asking but, I own a few games that I started to play but got sidetracked by other games....such as .....for the PC..Ghost Recon,NOLF, Undying,Giants:Citizen Kabuto

For the PS2.....Grand Theft:Vice City and San Andreas.

For thr X-Box...007 Nightfire, Hitman2,Dead to Rights.Rallisport Challenge,True Crime,Riddick,Crimson Skies,Brute Force.

I will get to them eventually.

ChEEbA
12-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I've had that happen too...

I remember deux ex 1, I played it for like 15 minutes...it was pretty damn slow to start, and you start out a complete pussy...so I turned it off...and started playing jedi knight 2 as I recall.
about 3 months later, after playing various OTHER games, whe I had nothing left, I put it on again, promisin myself that I'd stick to it, no matter how shitty it seemed.
Turned out to be one of my favourite games...when you learn to hack peoples bank accounts, and your marksmanship skills are up so high that you can just go all terminator with a pistol, killing almost everything with one shot, it got pretty fun.
Good storyline too...weird ending/s.
But yeah, I know exactly what you mean, and deus ex wasn't the only victim...I think it's because some games just take more dedication to get into/through...

BTW - I thought GIANTS sucked...just my opinion on that.

newb
12-19-2004, 06:25 PM
I did the same thing with Deux Ex 1, only I never went back to it. Perhaps I should give it another spin...once I'm done with Doom 3, Far Cry, Half Life 2 and Call of Duty.:) .....sooo little time and sooo many games.

As far as Giants goes....I didn't get far enough to judge the game itself, but I did enjoy the humor in the game.

The_Return
12-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ChEEbA

T_R -
Viewtiful Joe? I know I've heard the name...

X-men legends, now THAT looks good...I agree. I hope it turns out a little better than, what was it? freedom force?
That was KINDA funny, but slow and boring if ya ask me.
The x-men one looks to be WAY better so far...

Viewtiful Joe: Im pretty sure this was recently released for PS2/X-Box, originally it was Gamecube exclusive. Really good sidescrolling action game, fairly basic, but it does have a challenge or 2, plus some nice powers. You can slow down and speed up time, plus "Zoom in" to to crazy moves. I still havnt beat the 1st, but I still wanna play the sequel ASAP.

Lmao! Freedom Force rules! I got it for like $5, played it, got bored, havnt touched it since, lol.

ChEEbA
12-20-2004, 01:42 AM
Just remembered another one...

I never played the arcade version of Splatterhouse...looked kinda fun.
While on arcade games, I never played double dragon 3...I saw i only once at a movie cinema....didnt have any coins at the time, next time I went for a movie, it was gone...biatch!
It looked pretty good...
I played the console version, but it was COMPLETELY different, and shithouse.
Anyone play the arcade version?

What about bishi bashi special, and incredible crisis? Anyone ever play those?
funny games...