PDA

View Full Version : Qestion about living dead.

horror_master
12-15-2004, 02:13 PM
I have a qestions someone might be able to answer. What movie of the living dead serise frist come out. Was it night of the lving dead, or the dwan of the living dead? Please help me

urgeok
12-16-2004, 04:43 AM
th origional black and white Night of the Living Dead, followed by the origional Dawn of the Dead, then Day of the Dead.

The colour remake of Night of the Living dead came out after followed by the recent Dawn remake.

The_Return
12-16-2004, 02:02 PM
To makke it all that much more confusing, the new [Upcoming] Dead movie will be another addition to the original trilogy, as oposed to a remake. Heres how they go:

Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Day of the Dead (1985)
Land of the Dead (2005)

Then we have the remakes:

Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Happy? Lol :p

MichaelMyers
12-17-2004, 05:32 AM
What about ROTLD, parts 1, 2, and 3? :D

urgeok
12-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers

yeah, true .. return was definately a tip of the hat to the series and made a direct reference ...
its sort of a bastard cousin to the series.

I dont want to mention anything after the first though because they were just poop.

horror_master
12-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
To makke it all that much more confusing, the new [Upcoming] Dead movie will be another addition to the original trilogy, as oposed to a remake. Heres how they go:

Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Day of the Dead (1985)
Land of the Dead (2005)

Then we have the remakes:

Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Happy? Lol :p

Thanks for the help. Now I can show my brother that I was right. Thanks to every for there help.

massacre man
12-20-2004, 11:56 AM
kinda obvious it would be the black and white one...

horror_master
12-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by massacre man
kinda obvious it would be the black and white one...

I know but wasn't listing when I said that. He said it went form the day to night. Not form the night to the day.

KRUGERKID13
12-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers

I will fucking kill you. :D

The_Return
12-22-2004, 02:45 PM
To make it even more complex, Fulci made an unoffical sequel to Romero's Dawn of the Dead, titling it Zombie 2. It had some sequles [2 more, I believe]

massacre man
12-22-2004, 03:13 PM
To make it even more complex, Fulci made an unoffical sequel to Romero's Dawn of the Dead, titling it Zombie 2. It had some sequles [2 more, I believe] i saw a movie in the back of the rack at suncoast called "Zombie 5:Killer Birds"

urgeok
12-22-2004, 03:36 PM
i saw a movie in the back of the rack at suncoast called "Zombie 5:Killer Birds"

yeah i have that one ... its a real gem ......

The_Return
12-22-2004, 05:08 PM
i saw a movie in the back of the rack at suncoast called "Zombie 5:Killer Birds"

I stand corrected. Thanks MM

The_Return
12-26-2004, 05:38 AM
Ug!

Now I have a question:

Where does Contagium fit in? Between Day and Land? Between Dawn and Day? Beacause according to IMDb:

Plot Outline: A prequel and Sequel to the 1985 George A. Romero Classic Day of the Dead

Im confused....:(

massacre man
12-26-2004, 05:49 AM
Ug!

Now I have a question:

Where does Contagium fit in? Between Day and Land? Between Dawn and Day? Beacause according to IMDb:

Im confused....:( read the IM

The_Return
12-26-2004, 06:20 AM
read the IM

I still dont get it....

Dr.L00MIS
12-26-2004, 06:34 AM
I still dont get it....

I'd with you, I'm not getting it.

Elvis_Christ
01-09-2005, 07:58 PM
huh? what the fuck is going on?

kpropain
01-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Ug!

Now I have a question:

Im confused....:(

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Contagium project got scrapped..

massacre man
01-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by kpropain
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Contagium project got scrapped.. no they lost their budget after buying cofee cups

EXTR3MIST
01-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I dont want to mention anything after the first though because they were just poop

Except, of course, for Return of the Living Dead 3 - which was just fine and dandy.

Must urge USA viewers to seek out the uncut version of this, which is where I think many have gone wrong - the offbeat central romance may be the heart of the movie, but Steve Johnson's stonkingly inventive body horror effects were mostly cut out of your mainstream release.

Gojira
01-14-2005, 09:41 PM
OH Jesus how can anyone even like Night of the Living Dead I saw that movie at the Drive in back in 1968. To be honest that was one very boring movie. When I saw it I was 7 at the time I thought it was a movie about drunks just staggering around. It had 0 entertainment value. On the other hand Romero made alot of money but not for the reasons he thinks. Drive ins played NOTLD at 11pm at night or 12pm most people who went to see it were on a date and wanted an excuse to stay out late while they could have fun in a car.

knife_fight
01-14-2005, 09:50 PM
what the fuck?! are you fucking retarded??? how can someone like NOTLD???? ARE YOU FUCKIN HIGH OR SOMETHING???

matricide, baby. that's all I'm saying.

ChEEbA
01-14-2005, 09:56 PM
OH Jesus how can anyone even like Night of the Living Dead I saw that movie at the Drive in back in 1968. To be honest that was one very boring movie. When I saw it I was 7 at the time I thought it was a movie about drunks just staggering around. It had 0 entertainment value. On the other hand Romero made alot of money but not for the reasons he thinks. Drive ins played NOTLD at 11pm at night or 12pm most people who went to see it were on a date and wanted an excuse to stay out late while they could have fun in a car.

- Yeah, and SOME people actually liked Godzilla...:p
I'm 24 in a few days, and I saw NOTLD first of all when I was about 13 years old...Growing up through the gore-filled 80's, then seeing this movie (I'm ashamed to say) I saw that it was B&W and dismissed it as "boring old shit", and turned it off after a few minutes...So, a year or two back, I thought I'd make an effort and watch it again.
The music, the enclosed setting, the small cast, the overall atmosphere...now that I have a few more years of watching different kinds of horror, I appreciated this a little more...actually, I envy those who got to see this film when it was "new" with nothing much(or at least, not the BLOODY 80's) to compare it to/against. True, there wasn't much gore to speak of, not that I've ever insisted upon that, no really frantic action sequences either...but still, I like it a lot, and I'm proud to have a copy as part of my dvd collection.
Each to their own though, nobody's saying you HAVE TO like it.

I'm still looking out for the colour remake, I've not yet see it.

Gojira
01-14-2005, 10:45 PM
LOL hi Knife hi Cheeba sorry guys just when I saw NOTLD back in 68 it really didnt do a darn thing for me. I am not trying to be mean but I call em as I see em. I love B&W movies hell alot old B&W horror movies are better than some remakes. Btw I dont want anyone to get the idea that I like every Godzilla movie. I am a big fan of Godzilla true enough but I can tell you I hate the 1970s Godzilla movies from 1971-1975 imo they are very kiddie like and because they were made that way thats what ended Godzilla. He didnt return until 9 years later with a new series of movie which are AWESOME unlike the 70s movies which suck donkey dicks. Going back to NOTLD its just my opionion but after 28 years of watching horror it still sux but thats just me. Maybe I have diffrent standards who knows The Shining in 1980 bored the heck out of me so did Cujo

urgeok
01-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Except, of course, for Return of the Living Dead 3 - which was just fine and dandy.

Must urge USA viewers to seek out the uncut version of this, which is where I think many have gone wrong - the offbeat central romance may be the heart of the movie, but Steve Johnson's stonkingly inventive body horror effects were mostly cut out of your mainstream release.

i met that guy ! Steve Johnston ... he was/is married to Lianna Quigley (who starred in the 1st ROTLD)

Super nice guy ...

urgeok
01-15-2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Gojira
When I saw it I was 7 at the time I thought it was a movie about drunks just staggering around.

aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats funny as hell !!!

but its a piss poor benchmark from which to judge if a movie is good or not ..... a 7 year old who didnt understand what the hell he was watching ...

I guess Godzilla was pretty self explainitory.

a prehistoric dinosaur brought back with radiation that grew it 10X the normal size and now shoots fire out of his mouth.

anyone here ever heard the Blue Oyster Cult song Godzilla ?

'ohhh no There goes Tokeo, go go godzilla !!'

heh :)