PDA

View Full Version : Predict "Blade:Trinity"!

MichaelMyers
12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Before the reviews I knew something was wrong from the casting, trailer, clips, David Goyer DIRECTING this time around. Things are not looking good.

urgeok
12-10-2004, 05:07 PM
i just heard a horrible review on it.
"fails on every level"

newb
12-10-2004, 05:58 PM
One of my favorite review sites didn't give it high praises.Check it out but beware...there mat be some spoilers.

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/reviews.php?id=820

The STE
12-10-2004, 06:20 PM
is it just me or does Ryan Reynolds look a hell of a lot like Jason Lee?

slasherman
12-11-2004, 08:10 AM
I've seen a trailer too...and it looks a bit cheaper....

ShankS
12-11-2004, 10:32 AM
I read some bad reviews for the first sequal... that turned out ok.

The_Return
12-11-2004, 10:47 AM
I dont really listen to reviews, although I have read some very bad things about this. Even though I enjoyed the 1st two, the fact that they felt the need to put fucking Dracula in this totally kills it for me. Ill wait till itz out on video, thanks alot.

Demonic Faces
12-11-2004, 02:20 PM
the second one was better than the frist one, i think the third one will be better than the second one

THE TROOPER
12-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I have a feeling it will suck.

42ndStreetFreak
12-12-2004, 12:53 AM
Well the new "Blade" film is here, and it's here to slay! It's here to KILL. Kill the franchise that is.

****OBVIOUS SPOILERS****

Let's go through the many glaring plot holes and general stupid things on display here:

1) The Vampires. Looks like all the quality stock has been killed off in the first 2 films and we are left with stroppy, child-like creatures with the IQ of a dead frog.

2) The Vampire plan to set up Blade. OH! How VERY helpful that the one guy they needed to survive a raging battle, did.
And how helpful he just happend to live long enough to crawl into the open to be helpfully filmed.
There is no reason why this guy (or any other humans they had) was not killed off when the warehouse blew up right at the start, or in the fight that followed. Or in the following car chase even.
Who is to say this guy would EVER survive long enough to very handily crawl away from a huge car crash to lie in full view on a raod so they could film his death.
Talk about having a plan that relies totally on blind luck for it to work!

3) If human life is so precious (vampire Familier's aside) how come Whistler was willing to shoot dozens of innocent SWAT guys and then blow the hell out of countless more in his rigged explosion?
If Human life is this meaningless (how many innocent familes are now without fathers??) it makes you wonder WHY they are even bothering to protect it from Vampires in the first place!

4) They want Blade dead!!!! They CAPTURE Blade. They clamp Blade in a chair so he can't move, they DRUG Blade, they have him helpless in the hands of 2 'Familiers' after getting rid of the FBI. SO WHY NOT KILL HIM?
They don't want him for anything, they want him gone, dead....and here he is helpless in their hands.
And they do nothing.

5) King. What an annoying creation. How i wish this was called "Blade: Duo".
It seems you can't have anything too serious anymore in horror aimed at teens, so lets have a guy whose sole purpose is to spout lame jokes and drown everything under oh so hip humour.
And what a great example of bad writing. "Lets say FUCK and DICK endlessly because that is so funny".
No, it's not. Swearing can work, when done right. But not in this case.
Moron writing. How I wish he had died 5 seconds after he appeared.

6) Whistler's death was stupidly matter of fact. And made worse by the fact his Daughter could not give a shit it seems. Not one...NOT ONE sign of any emotion at the news of her dad's death. yet we have floods of angst when the blind woman is killed!! Fuck all for poor ol' Daddy though!

7) Shaun Hutson should SUE! Anyone who has read the excellent "Assassins" by Brit author Shaun Hutson will know there is a Hitman character in the book who likes to slam some Heavy Metal tunes on his 'Walkman' when he goes on a job! Sounds familier?
Now in Hutson's case they guy was a hitman and so identified a target, went out, shot them, left. It was an over the top idea but it worked because as an assassin he identified and located his target beforehand.
In "Balde" Whistler's Daughter had an MP3 player (nice way of getting a bit of Sony iPod money into the budget!) that she played while in the middle of a pitched battle. With enemies coming from everywhere.
Best NOT to lose one of your vital senses then, hearing, by being deafened by music!
Good job no one crept up behind her...as she would never have fucking well herard them!

8) Bow and arrows. Hmmmm...yeah, if i was going up gainst superhuman powered Vampires with machine guns i'd take a bow with me too!
VERY nice of the gun blasting Vampires to miss her when she stands right in front of them and SLOWLY draws back the bow string and SLOWLY aims at them as well!! Awful!

9) Seeing as they big up the fact about Dracula being real, and mention Stoker's book in fact...then you would have thought that Blade would not be so confused at why Dracula can survive sunlight. As he could in Stoker's book of the same name!! Sunlight never killed Dracula Mr Expert Vampire Slayer.

10) Well???? Did King tell them what the secret weapon was? a BIG chunk of screentime is wasted on 'King prick' being beaten up and then threatened to spill the beans on the plans of Blade. And in the end it SEEMS to show he will tell.
Well, did he? It's never mentioned again.
And even IF he did, why not just kill/turn him right after insread of just beating him up a bit more?
And IF the Vamps did know the plans they never mention it, never do anything about it and actually given the viral nature of the weapon...what could they do anyway?
A whole secton of the film that was utterly pointless and was (like the whole FBI plot) forgotten about.

When Whistler's Daughter killed those loud mouth, low IQ, baseball cap/shorts wearing skateboard riding, 'Dude' spouting, teen Vamps on the subway platform I thought for a minute that this film had actually killed off examples of the modern audience that most of todays shit heap horror films are aimed at. Thus making them the rubbish they are.
"Good" I thought! Sadly they decided to still target this film to that audience.

NOT one to add to the "Blade" DVD collection.

EXTR3MIST
12-12-2004, 10:00 AM
You have a Blade DVD collection?

I don't know what works best in this little series... all that loverly D-grade CGI, the choreograph overkill in the many many many fight scenes, or Wes "Buffed-up-the-Vampire-Slayer" Snipes' supercool deadpan payoff lines and oscar-winning "abandoned" look when he discusses the inner torment of his half-breed woes.

Perhaps a general aversion of Snipes, Dorff and CGI ruined this one... saving graces = Kris Kristofferson & Udo Kier.

42ndStreetFreak
12-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
You have a Blade DVD collection?

Perhaps a general aversion of Snipes, Dorff and CGI ruined this one... saving graces = Kris Kristofferson & Udo Kier.

Well yeah...the first 2 films.

Udo?? That's the first movie.

EXTR3MIST
12-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Check.

Dorff, too.

Vodstok
12-23-2004, 09:22 AM
I thank Blade Trinity for clearing something up. I finally know that Jennifer Beals and Jessica Biel are two different people as a result of seeing the trailer before the grudge.

I kept thinking "THe chick from flashdance is still getting gigs? and playing a teenager to boot... wow, she must be in great shape."

Turns out she was in a prophecy movie where she fucked an angl. i think that was the extent of he "horror" carreer.

allmykids
12-26-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm sure I will like this. Loved the first two. Plus I think J.B. Will be great as Whistlers daughter!!

Hate_Breeder
12-27-2004, 01:04 AM
I would definetly have to go with Snausages. I think they are the underdog of this poll, but have a strong likely hood to overcome the tremendous odds stacked against it.

Aasiyan
12-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Okay, I actually liked this movie. It's not at the very top of my list, but it was quite enjoyable to watch. I enjoyed the action in the movie.

wufong
12-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ShankS
I read some bad reviews for the first sequal... that turned out ok.
yeah. i never take any notice of reviews. i've lost count how many times a review has bad mouthed a movie. only to think that it was a good or excellent movie. critics are just jealous talentless fucks who feel the need to diss their betters..sorta like how a lot of hdc members diss me. jealousy is all. jealous of my prettiness. my intelligence. my hot hot body. ugh this list is just too long to.

42ndStreetFreak
12-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by wufong
[B]yeah. i never take any notice of reviews. i've lost count how many times a review has bad mouthed a movie. only to think that it was a good or excellent movie. critics are just jealous talentless fucks who feel the need to diss their betters../B]

It sucks dead donkey dicks.

Tat2
01-04-2005, 12:54 PM
I learned along time ago to go with your gut instinct regarding a movie being good/bad. I mean, they gave "Fargo" excellent reviews and it won an Oscar for Gods' sake. Why listen to them!

I think it will be good, just not as good as the first one. I thought it was excellent.