PDA

View Full Version : Special Effects Questions Here

Angelakillsluts
12-06-2004, 02:39 PM

Angelakillsluts
12-07-2004, 07:24 AM
OK, I guess I might as well make use of this thread. What exactly does a director of photography do? Does he direct the camera positioning/movement/controls or what?

I'm just curious.

MisterSadistro
12-07-2004, 09:54 AM
"Director of Photography: Head camera operator and in charge of all the others. The Director Of Photography is responsible for the cinematic look of the film - the lighting, the type of film/lenses used, etc, and also for getting the image on film. Often abbreviated to DP (in the USA/Canada) or DOP (In UK/Australia). This is the person in charge of lighting a set and photographing a film. Also known as "first cameraman," he is expected to transform the screenwriter's and director's concepts into visual images. Often referred to as the "DP" by the film crew. The DP, as he is usually called, is responsible for selecting all camera equipment for the production and liaising with the Technical Director. The DP decides what lights and related camera equipment are needed and procures these. The DP is in charge of the photographic quality of the show and heads up a crew. He is responsible to the Director."
umm, yeah, Angela LOL
CK

Angelakillsluts
12-07-2004, 11:11 AM
My original question was about a strobe-like effect in a movie, but then I watched the movie and realized it was just that.

Anyway, not being able to delete my own posts pisses me off to no end. :mad:

MisterSadistro
12-07-2004, 04:26 PM
LOL I threw 'Buba Ho-Tep' on last night to watch the scene again, but fell asleep before it got there.
CK

The STE
12-07-2004, 06:32 PM
the DP is the Cinematographer. He/she designs how the shot looks and all that