PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Places

Ekimmu
08-27-2003, 12:57 PM
I worked the midnight shift last night, and got into a long discussion with a co-worker about places we've been that we thought were haunted. He was telling me about his friend's house, where all of the things they put into the attic would somehow get moved to one side of the room when they weren't around. I was wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like that.

metalmnstr
09-06-2003, 10:22 PM
i have... but my toilet flushed by itself... needless to say, it scared the crap outta me. :eek: but batchlors grove, over in IL, is said to be one of the most haunted places in the country.\m/ rockstar!

Audrey Rose
09-15-2003, 05:58 AM
I had my room in my Mother's basement at one point. Half the basement (where I was) was finished and the other half wasn't. Every night I had Satanic dreams and I tried really hard to stick it out. I stayed down there for like six weeks. There was this awful chanting coming through the walls and I'd hear it even when I (thought) I was awake. She lives in a 1929 Spanish Tutor and the neighbors told us that it was haunted. Anyway, every family that has lived there ends up divorced. They told us this when we first moved in and we didn't believe them. Lo and behold my parents ended up divorced 10 years later. At least it took awhile... I just told my older sister about my "dreams" and she said the same thing happened to her and that's why she moved back upstairs; and she is not afraid of anything. She used to love staying home all alone and watch horror movies to try and scare herself.

Fear
09-17-2003, 02:40 PM
My first experience with poltergeist happened at a friend’s house when I was younger. Supposedly his grandma died in the house and after that bizarre things started to happen. One afternoon I was over his house hanging out and playing video games, the normal BS. We both went to the kitchen to get something to drink and we noticed that the stove burner was on. This freaked us out!! We thought someone had left the burner on, but no one was home. My friend turned it off and we got something to drink and returned to the living room. After about an hour my friend and I went back into the kitchen to put the glasses away. When we entered the kitchen we were in disbelieve that the burner was lit again!! After that I think they got a new stove. Was it his grandma? I know I could not sleep in a house like that.

natas
09-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Haven't experienced anything myself yet....but...Cape Breton Nova Scotia is quite know for its many hauntings. Many friends of mine are from there and have told me many stories. There is a good book you can read called Maritime Ghosts...most of the stories in there are from Cape Breton. A lot of people from C.B. are very psychic also. :eek:

natas
09-28-2003, 06:40 AM
Sorry...its not called maritime ghosts...its called Bluenose ghosts.:p

Ritualistic
10-05-2003, 05:42 PM
I havent had any experiences with poltergeist but I have had experiences with other supernatural happenings. One place you do not want to go to and that is the grave site of Mahaley Lancaster (bet you are asking who is that) well she was what you call today the town witch. She lived out on an old dirt road in Meryweather county Georgia . She died back in the 70`s and supposedly would put a curse on anyone that f*cked with her grave site. My cousin & a few of his friends went there a long time ago and all are dead except for my cousin. He said that one of the guys pissed on her grave and a few weeks later he got his head decapitated. The other guys died mysterious deaths.. yeah u better believe I believe in the supernatural

rent a movie called "Murder in coweta county" she doesnt star in the movie but they have a character playing her in it.

virgil432
10-05-2003, 07:00 PM
In Irvine where I am from there is supposedly a bitch that hides out in a ditch near this bridge and if you do not let her out after letting her in then you will surely wreck and die

lilangel_66071
10-16-2003, 07:21 AM
my neighbor lives in a house built in like 1800's its old and she is in process of redoing it, she found an old shoe in the wall of her atic and a scarf thats all worn with the shoe and she took them down to her trash and threw them out, The next morning she gets back to work on her redo and there they are again. ANd after she ripped the plaster out of her house and started on her huge bathroom, she decided to change out the lighting and put in a new light the new light keeps going out like there's no power to it but as soon as she puts in the old one it works again , she even had an electrician come over and look at the wiring and he couldnt explain it either so she decided to keep the old one in ha she said she didnt want to piss he house off , she's the only person to live in that h ouse in 50 years everyone lives there for a few months and move. it was abandended for years and she walked past it and seen a sign saying it was condimend in it and ask the city if she could buy it and fix it up and when she started on it she was too scared to stay there becuase stuff like her lipstick and make up would end up missing and she would find them in attic, wierd huh. And the first night she stayed there the Doors Would slam shut and open up again and her attic light kept coming on. she wuold turn it off and next morning on again , needless to say i go over ther alot ha to check to see if anything freaky happens

billbundix
11-12-2003, 08:45 PM
i stayed a week at my sisters house once and i had to sleep upstairs in a loft bedroom. well about 1100 i hear this drumming start and i think its their tv or something so i go downstairs and its not the tv, but they heard it too, so we went outside to see if it was a neighbor, but it was completely quiet outside. so i went back in, and it stopped for a minute. i went back to bed and it started again so i said the lords prayer and that must have pissed them off because it got about twice as loud then. this went on as long as i was there, but only after 1100pm

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Spook Hill... near Antietam Battle Field...an old cannon run during the civil war..put your car in neutral at the bottom of the hill and the soldiers push your car up the hill.. works with a coke can too.. weird shit.

A covered bridge on Teen Barn Rd. near Burkettsville,MD a guy supposively wrecked his motorcycle there and when you go in the bridge and turn your lights off(keep your foot on the break) and crack your windows..you can see the single light enter the bridge(one lane bridge ..so we turned the headlight on so they would see us..NOONE WAS THERE)after the light enters it dissappears next you hear someone walking and cusing..sounds like the clicking from a motorcycle..you hear a starter trying to be cranked.. The passanger door handle was tried while we heard all of this..spooky shit..only works around 11pm and after. Supposively, he got into a fight with his girlfiend left ina mad rage and hit a slick part before entering the bridge(it was raining) and wrecked...cramming his body up against the brick bridge while his motorcycle severed his body..not sure the truth of it but I definatly heard some shit.
there is alot more..Maryland is full of shit relating to ghost of the civil war and scorn lovers.

moonsorrow
11-13-2003, 02:26 AM
havent seen anything supernatural, and to be honest i wont belive ghosts til it puts on my bed sheets.

meetthecreeper
11-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Someone mentioned Bachelors Grove in Illinois, I used to live by there, back in the woods is a very old cemetary, like 200 years old, during the day you can go back there but at night a ghost house appears, supposedly it is a slave house. Been back there at night, have seen strange lights but never could find the source. Also heard that satanic cults have held rituals back there. I know that they found a guys murdered body there a few years back. It was unexplained. Also we have Ressurection Mary, who was a girl I believe in the 50s, who got in a fight with her boyfriend in his car on prom night, got out of the car to walk home and was hit by a car and killed. People claim to see her walking the street at night near the cemetary(Ressurection Cemetary) and she'll let you pick her up in your car but only if you are alone and she will only sit in the back seat. She doesnt say anything and will disappear when you drive off of the block the cemetary is on.

VenomX
11-13-2003, 09:02 AM
My brother once tried to take me to this house that is supposed to be haunted, but we got lost in the woods trying to find it. It was like midnight, and I thought I was going to piss myself.http://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/fk/ghost.gif