PDA

View Full Version : April Fool's Day .......2

TheOmen
11-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Hey all.

I am curious if there is interest in a sequel to April Fool's Day since it is in the works. Deborah Foreman has agreed to reprise her Muffy St. John role. Nothing is an absolute, but things are being discussed at this very moment as my script is passed around Hollywood. Reaction has been very enthusiastic.

Just wanted to give a heads up on some horror related news.

filmmaker2
11-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Uh.......

"April Fool's Day" is one of the most hated no-payoff non-horror films ever to be despised by the horror community!

A sequel? That's completely insane!

This is a joke, and you are joking.

Uhmmm.......you ARE joking, right?

(Hollywood does truly bizarre things eight days a week.)

TheOmen
11-22-2004, 08:43 AM
I am not kidding. And I find it funny that because of the ending, people get so pissed. Had it ended like all of you wanted, nobody would have remembered it. So they weren't really dead, why does that ruin the movie for you? You feel fooled...as in APRIL FOOL'S? Besides, I'm talking about a sequel. Do you think it would really end up the same as the first?

And by the way, this will not be a 'Hollywood' horror movie. I wrote it and am a huge horror fan.

filmmaker2
11-22-2004, 08:58 AM
1. Well, technically, you did say it was being "passed around Hollywood."

2. Wow, you're really serious! Double wow!

3. Far be it from me to argue with a confident artist with a wacky idea. We all know that "the thing that is wrong usually works better than expected."

4. Are you a REAL writer? Is this some Hollywood market research poll to test the name recognition/effectiveness of this title/project? It's so hard to tell on these message boards.

filmmaker2
11-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Oh, and really: I did actually think you were joking at first.

After all, what was I to expect, considering you were announcing a sequel to "April Fool's Day"?

TheOmen
11-22-2004, 09:07 AM
I am the writer of a script that IS being talked about right now. And I say Hollywood because it's in Hollywood. But there are Independants and small production houses that cater to the horror crowd there as well.

Any research I'm doing is strictly for myself. I know many people don't like how it ended, but I did. It was more of a mystery than a horror movie, I'll grant you that. At any rate, the sequel is a cross between Clue and Friday the 13th. Would you be interested in that?

filmmaker2
11-22-2004, 09:11 AM
You sound serious. A person of conviction.

Go get 'em! I'm sure it will be a good film.

urgeok
11-22-2004, 10:03 AM
i didnt like the film, and it doesnt sound like i'd like the sequel ..
(not trying to be a dick here - just being honest)

I'm tired of these teen flicks that pass themselves off as horror but arent anything other than a bloodless '10 little indians'

It seems to the kind of film you make when you dont have a budget.

It wont have name stars, it wont have a name director .. It'll probably be straight to video, the music will suck.

I can go rent a film like this anywhere ..The used DVD bins are full of them at $5 - $7 each.

I can understand the need to make a film as a filmmaker ..
You hope to cut your teeth on something that is low enough of a budget so that you wont loose money. You do a few like that and hope for a break on something that will stand out.

Is there a market .. yep - on the rental shelves for curious people ..

I'm just past the point where I'm willing to spend the time on that
caliber of film. 20 years i would have rented it .. but not now.

KRUGERKID13
11-22-2004, 10:09 AM
id love to see a sequal just not a remake. Its probably one of my fav. slasher films of the 1980's

TheOmen
11-22-2004, 10:12 AM
In all honesty, I can't stand the teenage fake horror movies either. But you're assuming thats what this is. And thats fine, as you haven't seen the script. But just know that the people involved in this so far are very respected horror people. You would be very surprised by who is interested. And it is not for a straight to video release, I can assure you of that.

But thanks for your honesty .

"id love to see a sequal just not a remake. Its probably one of my fav. slasher films of the 1980's"

It is absolutely a sequel. And Deborah Foreman has agreed to star. So be on the lookout for new info. in the coming weeks.

KRUGERKID13
11-22-2004, 10:29 AM
thanks omen for the info

MichaelMyers
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Wasn't there a mullet in the first one?

TheOmen
11-22-2004, 12:25 PM
I think Amy Steels boyfriend had a semi-mullet. It was '86 for Godsake.

filmmaker2
11-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Oh yes, if I am not mistaken, this whole topic does appear to be quite serious! And it's possible that the film could actually be quite good...I just didn't believe it at first. It sounded SO unlikely that my first thought was, "This is a joke, it has to be."

But unlikely things sometimes pay off. Remember those Gamera films they made in the mid-1990s. Everyone thought that the new films would be as bad as the originals, and everyone was surprised at how nice they turned out...

Well, except for the second one, that one wasn't so hot. But the first and the third were pretty good!

jedicow
11-22-2004, 03:28 PM
i liked the first one and would watch a sequel. i may not go to the movies and spend $8.00 to see it, but i would rent it for $3.50.

IDrinkYourBlood
11-24-2004, 06:34 PM
never saw the first, was gonna buy it for ten buxx at the A&B sound but noooooo next time i went there all three were gone.......basterds. anyways ill buy it.........one day. hope its good.

slasherman
11-30-2004, 05:07 AM
Why not.....but it cant have the same suprise ending....they have to come up with a different konsept....Maybe do the opposite...make it look like a fool but this time it's real...?

TheOmen
11-30-2004, 05:52 AM
It does have a surprise ending. I won't tell which way it goes however.

Angelakillsluts
11-30-2004, 06:56 AM
I fell asleep before the ending of April Fools.

So it turns out nobody got killed at the end? How lame. It was a bad movie anyway.

TheOmen
11-30-2004, 07:11 AM
I fell asleep before the ending of April Fools.

So it turns out nobody got killed at the end? How lame. It was a bad movie anyway.

I know. How lame to end a movie differently from the other 1000 clones that decade. Horrifying.

Angelakillsluts
11-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by TheOmen
I know. How lame to end a movie differently from the other 1000 clones that decade. Horrifying.

:D I think so.

EXTR3MIST
11-30-2004, 07:45 AM
It does have a surprise ending. I won't tell which way it goes however

Lemme guess.... It becomes April 2nd?

Angelakillsluts
11-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Lemme guess.... It becomes April 2nd?

and they're all aliens. 0o0o0o0o

urgeok
11-30-2004, 10:29 AM
well, it turns out in the end that they arent,

thanks to scooby doo and the rest of monsters inc !

TheOmen
11-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Actually, at the end there is a brief title card that pops up and says"and now, for the slasher drones" and proceeds to have a man in a burlap sack slice and dice everyone with no rhyme or reason. It doesn't fit with anything except the lowest common denominator, and they all praise it on the horror.com forums for its originality.

urgeok
11-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Actually, at the end there is a brief title card that pops up and says"and now, for the slasher drones" and proceeds to have a man in a burlap sack slice and dice everyone with no rhyme or reason. It doesn't fit with anything except the lowest common denominator, and they all praise it on the horror.com forums for its originality.

what about a giant spider ?
i dont think there have been any giant spiders
for a while now ?

what if the twist ending is that all along it was this really big spider dressed as a teenage girl ?

TheOmen
11-30-2004, 12:08 PM
what if the twist ending is that all along it was this really big spider dressed as a teenage girl ?

That's not original at all. Aren't all women some sort of black arthropod on the inside?

Vodstok
11-30-2004, 12:14 PM
That's not original at all. Aren't all women some sort of black arthropod on the inside? that comment might hurt your chances of getting a date with one. Assuming you arent a straight female or a gay male.

What if at the end, it turns out it was all ina computer? that has never been done before.

TheOmen
11-30-2004, 12:24 PM
that comment might hurt your chances of getting a date with one. Assuming you arent a straight female or a gay male.

I think my comment shows just how numerous my encounters with women have been.
:D

Angelakillsluts
11-30-2004, 12:27 PM

hahaha

that honestly did make me laugh.

filmmaker2
11-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Could there be an ALIEN PARASITE living inside the supposed killer, maybe, and they slice the bad guy's head open with an axe and there's, like, this lizard worm creature inside...no wait, STAR TREK did that one already. But it would be fun!

I told 'em to do that with Jason, but they didn't listen to me--in fact, they slammed the car door on my hand and drove away!

slasherman
12-01-2004, 05:13 AM
Maybe she really got a evil twin ? And now she is coming back for real.....I dont think those alien ideas are good......But i like Timewalker though....:cool: