PDA

View Full Version : I need a scary game!

citrus-cobra
11-17-2004, 02:28 PM
I am kind of obsessed with scaring myself lately. I haven't been able to find a movie or a game that causes me nightmares or makes it hard to sleep. I really badly need a hardcore thrill. If anyone knows of games or movies or websites that I could watch to scare the shit out of me?:confused:

horror_master
11-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Enteral Drankness for the game cube. It's freaky when you play the game in the drak alone, in an empty house durging an thunderstorm.

ShankS
11-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by citrus-cobra
I am kind of obsessed with scaring myself lately. I haven't been able to find a movie or a game that causes me nightmares or makes it hard to sleep. I really badly need a hardcore thrill. If anyone knows of games or movies or websites that I could watch to scare the shit out of me?:confused:

duno about giving you nightmares, but If you've got a decent enough Pc, get Clive Barkers Undying and Doom 3

Undying is a very good game.

they should scare you.

Vodstok
11-19-2004, 07:34 AM
they hunger, a great horror mod for Half-life

MichaelMyers
11-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Fatal Frame.

_Leatha_Face_
11-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Doom 3

Vodstok
11-30-2004, 04:57 AM
Half-life 2, the Ravenholm Levels. They are fucking freaky. People may not have cared for the fast zombies in Dawn of the Dead, but trust me, the ones in HL2 will scare the piss out of you.

newb
11-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Half-life 2, the Ravenholm Levels. They are fucking freaky. People may not have cared for the fast zombies in Dawn of the Dead, but trust me, the ones in HL2 will scare the piss out of you.

Ditto

Codeine Coma
11-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Russian Roulette?
Gets pretty scary with an automatic.

horror_master
12-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Another good horror gmes are the clock towers ones. There freaky, weell msome of them are. Resdent evil is pretty fraky at times.

kpropain
12-20-2004, 05:11 PM
The first Silent Hill was spooky as hell the first time I played it, 2 and 3 are pretty good also..

The first time I played the first Resident Evil and the cerebus's jump through the windows that spooked the shit out of me.

Parasite's Eve was pretty good to but not really spooky.

gnarly
12-29-2004, 01:42 AM
mortal kombat deception is the fucking mad shit ...its not really scary but fatalities are mad

AUSTIN316426808
12-29-2004, 02:54 AM
resident evil

silent hill

fatal frame

scariest games i've ever played they didn't give me nightmares but spooked me out a few times while playing them.

ChEEbA
12-29-2004, 03:45 AM
"Scary"
*Illbleed - Dreamcast
*Devil may cry (kinda)
*I agree on the Undying.

"kinda" scary
*Doom 3'll make you jump, but I don't really find it scary
*Halflife2 has thrills happenin'...makes you very tense, but as yet - I've only played through the forst 2 areas, from the looks of it, it looks
*Painkiller has some nice gory visuals and pretty cool zombies, gets the heart pumping in a serious-sam-but-not-so-stupid kinda way, excellent dark gothic scenery, chunky-ass gibs and the stake-gun, SO fun.

To me, no game had yet breached true fear. - I'd like for one to, really, I would...I think they're starting to get there...

- B

AUSTIN316426808
12-29-2004, 03:49 AM
The Suffering should freak you out a good bit.

Tat2
01-03-2005, 12:37 PM
If you want a good-N-Scary PC game, you can't go wrong with
"System Shock 2" especally if you have surround sound set up and play with as little lighting as possible.

I also recommend;

Doom III
Half-Life(1) mod series They hunger (PC Gamer mods).

Haphazard
01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
The suffering is cool as hell. I don't know if it would scare you...but there are a lot of eerie elements such as flashbacks, visions, monsters, etc.

I've never played Fatal Frame II, but I heard that is a must-have for horror fans.

Uhhh, but I don't have it...lol.

knife_fight
01-16-2005, 12:50 AM
has anyone played Silent Hill 4 yet? worth $40???

Nemesis412
01-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah obviously Resi evil, or silent hill are good.

RE is for like the action horror movie of today.

Silent Hill messes with you. The sounds that are there which makes you think somethin is behind you only to find out theres nothing there. The monster are way freakier in SH than in resi evil. And the light in that game is amazing, the fact that youll be walking and cant see but a little bit in front of you, whereas RE you can see.

The Suffering is also pretty good. I heard Fatal Frame was too.

Def go with RE or SH if youve never played them.

ki77y
01-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Silent Hill 4. I'm an absolute devotee of the Silent Hill series, and while I still think 2 was the best, 4 is by far the most frightening. It introduces a new 1st-person element whenever you return to the apartment room, and about halfway through, the nightmares of the Silent Hill reality start bleeding over into your room. Definetely got a lot of shock value, as well as just plain fun.

Wait till your refridgerator gets possessed... :shiver:

Sedated_replica
01-26-2005, 07:26 PM
RE4 anyone?

Nemesis412
01-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Same here ki77y i am a silent hill freak(even tho i love RE) and 2 was a great game

Pyramid Head was a kickass character too.

IDrinkYourBlood
02-06-2005, 07:22 PM
I liked number 3 best of the silent hills.

Hate_Breeder
02-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood

Hell yes

the meat wagon
02-08-2005, 09:07 AM
If you own a playstation 2 or X Box , project zero II is the best thing youll play.

http://www.xfaktor.no/spill/projectzero2/bilder/bilde2.jpg

http://www.xfaktor.no/spill/projectzero2/bilder/bilde5.jpg

IDrinkYourBlood
02-08-2005, 02:57 PM
whats the game about?

the meat wagon
02-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Ill discribe the intro.

2 girls wonder off in a wood they discover a forgotten village. As they walk towards it it gets night all of a sudden.When they grab eachothers hands, one gets visions of them murdering someone at an older age. When they decide to go deeper in the woods and in the village shit has started hitting the fan.

The Mothman
02-09-2005, 06:55 AM
that looks kinda creepy.

DRAGGOON
02-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Silent hill is the best horror series for the PS2. RE4 will be out on PS2 in aug. so RE: outbreak file #2.:rolleyes:

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood

I bought it a few months ago and I played about 15 miinutes of it. Lame, no wonder why it was so cheap. :rolleyes:

The Mothman
02-25-2005, 08:22 PM
there are other kinds of scary games too. ones that are very dark and gruesome, to the point that its disturbing, like Manhunt.

fannyface
03-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Horror Top Trumps is the scariest ever

Sedated_replica
03-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Card games are scary!

X¤MurderDoll¤X
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
http://www.radosh.net/images/kaba-kick.jpg

fannyface
03-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
Card games are scary!
That depends on who you're playing with...

The Mothman
03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by fannyface
Horror Top Trumps is the scariest ever
is this the only thing u fucking talk about? every post that you have nade has had something said about them, and has had a pic of one of hem.

ChEEbA
03-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Go steal his cards, man...

fannyface
03-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by The Mothman
is this the only thing u fucking talk about? every post that you have nade has had something said about them, and has had a pic of one of hem. It's almost the only thing I talk about. Do you have a problem with that?

Hate_Breeder
03-01-2005, 08:57 PM
The scariest game is playing chicken with cars when your drunk

bloody_ribcut
03-01-2005, 09:22 PM
there's a game called "kidnap, rape, and murder"..but you probably dont want to get in trouble though huh?

Hate_Breeder
03-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by bloody_ribcut
there's a game called "kidnap, rape, and murder"..but you probably dont want to get in trouble though huh?

You know, Trip Eisen is the master of that game!:p

kung-fu-jesus
03-19-2005, 12:32 PM
game wise id go with the resident evils, silent hills, fatal frames, clock towers, alone in the darks, doom 3, the suffering, manhunt, run like hell, cold fear, and when it comes out "condemed"

also pikmen is pretty fucking scary, lol.

dodge50
04-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
resident evil

silent hill

fatal frame

scariest games i've ever played they didn't give me nightmares but spooked me out a few times while playing them.

Amen to that brother. I've played every game in all three of these series and they are amoung the best of the survival horror.

The new Cold Fear on the PS2 is pretty good, like the others it won't give you sleepless nights but it is not a bad game.

:)

bloodrayne
04-03-2005, 02:15 PM
The Silent Hill games ROCK...Especially Silent Hill 4, The Room...Maybe not 'scary'...But DEFINITELY creepy...And I LOVED Eternal Darkness...

Evil Dead:Hail To The King and Evil Dead: Fistful Of Boomstick kick ass, too...But not really scary, in my opinion...

crippler666
05-01-2005, 04:10 PM
I'd try

Run Like Hell - Alien Survival Horror

Obscure - Almost modern horror plot (plus 2 player co-op)

Clock Tower 3 - Short lived but plenty to unlock through multiple completion

Cold Fear - Enemies that don't die until you blow their head apart

Forbidden Siren - Japenese origin (from the same people who programmed the first Silent Hill). You can enter another persons head and see what they see (quite creepy looking at yourself through someone elses eyes)

Ghost Hunter - Adult Ghostbusters

If you want a weird game try 'Ghost Master' - you have to scare people out of the house using ghosts with special powers

diminisher
05-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by horror_master
Enteral Drankness for the game cube. It's freaky when you play the game in the drak alone, in an empty house durging an thunderstorm.

i agree, Eternal Darkness will fuck with your head.

arron wardlaw
06-01-2005, 01:08 PM
forbidden siren , scary as fatal frame and twice as hard

arron wardlaw
06-01-2005, 01:23 PM
hoots man , ye cannae go recommending dung like ghost hunter alongside horror giants like silent hill and resi

arron wardlaw
06-01-2005, 01:50 PM
has anyone mentioned the thing, another quality survival horror

Cryptkeeper
06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Phantasmagoria 1 scared the crap out of me! It's an old computer game (Windows 3.1). The scariest part is the end. I could not finish the game because of the ending, it scared me too much and I returned it to the store (I know, wus).

It's been so long I cannot remember all of it, but it is about a married couple who I believe move into a new house. The husband becomes possesed, and the wife tries to help her husband by collecting certain things. When it comes to the end, all I remeber (warning spoiler) is having the option to open the door to a room where her husband is to give him something? When it is opened, he starts to chase her through the house. I tried to get her to escape from him but never could. After her being killed by him, it would always start me back at the door. Anyway, when her husband finally catches her, he ties her up in this chair, and uses an ax hanging from the ceiling to swing down and cut her in half, and it shows everything. This disturbed me so badly that I could not try to finish the game. This game had nice little movie scenes, and that one at the end was frightning!

Now I would love to have that game again. I can find it on ebay and amazon.com, but I guess you cannot even play it on today's computers. By the way, this game is by Sierra.

scaryminda15
07-07-2005, 07:52 AM
YOU WANT A SCARY GAME TRY THE TELETUBBIES HA JUST KIDDING ALTHOUGH IT WILL SCARE YOU WELL YOU SHOULD TRY SILENT HILL AND CLOCKTOWER HAD ME SCARED AND I AM HARD TO SCARE!BY:SCARYMINDA15

Doorstop_Idol
07-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Already been mentioned a ton of times, but Silent Hill series (any of them. Some are more creepy than scary, but still good.), The Gamecube remake of Resident Evil is amazing as a survival horror game, or go with any of the other Resident Evil games too, except for Code Veronica (hell, RE: Gun Survivor is better than Code Veronica.)

Also the Fatal Frame games from what I have heard, I never got too much into the first one, but I didn't have much of a chance at the time.

Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube is amazing in Lovecraftian horror. Maybe not exactly scary, but creepy and at times disturbing. There are plenty more actually, but right now I just don't feel like rehashing what everyone else has already said.

Later.

crippler666
07-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Definately try Haunting Ground

Its an unofficial follow up to Clock Tower 3