PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify this film!

Horus
11-16-2004, 07:45 PM
If anyone could help me identify this film title I would greatly appreciate it.

The horror film in question revolves around a scientist whom discovers a skeleton of unkown origins. After cutting off the skeleton's finger to exam in the lab the skeleton awakens from its slumber to seek revenge on the man who has taken its finger. After studying the specimens finger the scientist concludes that this entity is the embodiment of evil. In the end the creature reeks havok upon the scientist and all his consorts and eventually takes revenge on the scientist by taking his finger for the one he took from the skeleton (eye for an eye). In the last few minutes of the film we see that the scientist is locked away in a mental institution after his incident and is rambling on about evil itself walking the earth again.

p.s. I recall the film being in black and white but I could be mistaken.

DraculaInDallas
11-16-2004, 07:58 PM
I believe it was called "The Finger"

MichaelMyers
11-16-2004, 08:19 PM
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra?

Horus
11-16-2004, 08:29 PM
I found it, It's actually called "The Creeping Flesh" but thanks for the help anyway!

ShankS
11-17-2004, 12:15 AM
The Craping Flash

42ndStreetFreak
12-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Excellent movie! bags of atmosphere, a great ending and a truly creepy sequence involving the creatures huge shadow slowly creeping over a house where it's victim cowers.

Good solid brit fare with Lee and Cushing in top form.

horror_master
12-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Sounds like a good watch, do you guys know what year it was made in? And who also made it?

taylorsmommy
12-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by horror_master
Sounds like a good watch, do you guys know what year it was made in? And who also made it?

Not sure of the year, but it was made by Hammer Studios

taylorsmommy
12-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by horror_master

Original release date was 1973 (color)

jay o2 waster
12-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ShankS
The Craping Flash sounds y
ummy

42ndStreetFreak
12-08-2004, 01:32 AM
It's not 'Hammer'. It's the short lived 'Tigon' films.
Who also co-produced the truly wonderful "Blood on Satan's Claw" and produced the classic "Witchfinder General".

People go on about Hammer of course but only really mention 'Amicus' as a rival.
But 'Tigon' produced/co-produced some excellent films. No 'Amicus' film can compete with "Blood on Satan's Claw" or "Witchfinder General".

ShankS
12-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by jay o2 waster
sounds y
ummy

it is.... Flash Gordon takes a dump Scat style.

taylorsmommy
12-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
It's not 'Hammer'. It's the short lived 'Tigon' films.
Who also co-produced the truly wonderful "Blood on Satan's Claw" and produced the classic "Witchfinder General".

People go on about Hammer of course but only really mention 'Amicus' as a rival.
But 'Tigon' produced/co-produced some excellent films. No 'Amicus' film can compete with "Blood on Satan's Claw" or "Witchfinder General".

Oops, sorry, my bad!

42ndStreetFreak
12-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Oops, sorry, my bad!

No no. Don't be siily. It doesn't matter does it.

If you did not know who produced it then a Brit horror with Cushing and Lee of that time could very well indeed be a 'Hammer' film.

This is what message boards are for...sharing stuff.

bloodrayne
12-08-2004, 01:24 PM
This is what message boards are for...sharing stuff. Aww...That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Or maybe that's just the hamster that I ate for lunch...Sometimes it takes them a while to settle down....lol

:D

42ndStreetFreak
12-09-2004, 02:39 AM

I find it's better if you shave them first.

bloodrayne
12-09-2004, 02:46 AM

I find it's better if you shave them first. lol...Thanks for the culinary tip...But, shave them?...ugh...Who has the time for that?...Next time I'll just poke a hole, stick a hook in it, and rip the skin off 'em...*wonders if those orange peeler thingys would work on squishy things*...lol

That should at LEAST do away with the 'fuzzy' feeling :D

urgeok
12-09-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
lol...Thanks for the culinary tip...But, shave them?...ugh...Who has the time for that?...Next time I'll just poke a hole, stick a hook in it, and rip the skin off 'em...*wonders if those orange peeler thingys would work on squishy things*...lol

That should at LEAST do away with the 'fuzzy' feeling :D

there are 2 proper ways to skin these little treats.

1) like a clove of garlic you can smash the hell out of it first - loosening the skin from the body. You have to give it a big jesus whack though.
Note : this doesnt work well on the smaller ones as they can potentially pop like grapes thus completely ruining the dining experience, not to mention the presentation.

2) get a 'key' from a can of spam. With a sharp knife make a nick in the flesh of the animal on a place where there is no fur .. like the tops of the feet or where the tail starts.
insert the fleshy tab from the nick into the slot in the 'key' and begin twisting the 'key' effectively peeling away the top layer of flesh and skin, taking the fur with it.
When you become adept at this you should be able to get the whole skin off in one go.
Leaving behind a nice juicy morsel.
You wont need water to wash that baby down !

(and your kid thinks i have nothing of value to add .. MEH ... )

bloodrayne
12-09-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
there are 2 proper ways to skin these little treats.

1) like a clove of garlic you can smash the hell out of it first - loosening the skin from the body. You have to give it a big jesus whack though.
Note : this doesnt work well on the smaller ones as they can potentially pop like grapes thus completely ruining the dining experience, not to mention the presentation.

2) get a 'key' from a can of spam. With a sharp knife make a nick in the flesh of the animal on a place where there is no fur .. like the tops of the feet or where the tail starts.
insert the fleshy tab from the nick into the slot in the 'key' and begin twisting the 'key' effectively peeling away the top layer of flesh and skin, taking the fur with it.
When you become adept at this you should be able to get the whole skin off in one go.
Leaving behind a nice juicy morsel.
You wont need water to wash that baby down !

(and your kid thinks i have nothing of value to add .. MEH ... ) LMAO...I suppose that I will have to re-educate them (the kids...not the hamsters...lol) on the subtle nuances, of all that which is Urgeok ;)