PDA

View Full Version : Late 60's / early 70's movie - possibly Tales from the Crypt?

Bebind
11-15-2004, 02:51 PM
I saw this movie in the early-mid 70's, not knowing if it was made for TV or edited or when it was made...

The premise was a story about an old man who lived alone in his estate alongside a family cemetary...all he had for company was a caretaker (son? nephew?) that begrudgingly fed him and performed the other necessities.

The kid gets tired of waiting for his inheritance and sets the man in front of an open window to catch a death, which of course...
pneumonia sets in and the old man passes. He is then buried in that cemetery.

Fast forward (because I was a kid and can't remember the body of the story) to the end where the kid is enjoying the spoils of murder, standing at the top of the stairwell looking down toward the front door...
I think he's drinking a glass of wine or something along those lines.
He glances over at the painting that hangs above the stairs and notices that the picture keeps changing as the old man reaches out from the grave and pulls himself up from his casket. He crawls from the earth and begins to head back to his mansion - each frame shows him steadily approaching - and at last he is shown at the front door.
There is a loud rap and the kid loses his mind from terror, tumbling down the stairs to his death.
The door opens and a police officer (I think) looks in to inquire, finding the body at the landing.
If I remember, The painting also shows the officer...

Does anyone recall the program or movie? I've been trying to locate the information based on this storyline, but to no avail.

Thanks much!

The STE
11-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Night Gallery

DraculaInDallas
11-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by The STE
Night Gallery

The episode was called "The Cemetary"....I think it was the pilot episode????

urgeok
11-16-2004, 05:24 AM
Night gallery was cool ..
I remember being scared of that one as a kid.

taylorsmommy
11-16-2004, 05:31 AM
Night Gallery was the best! I liked Nightstalker too with Darrin McGavin.

phantomstranger
11-16-2004, 11:59 PM
This was the third story in the pilot episode of "Night Gallery" it starred Roddy McDowall

Bebind
11-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Man - this is indeed a library of information!

Thank you ever so much!

Trishness

ShankS
11-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Night Gallery

Night Rider ......Hassalaleelalllllelellelehoffooffohfofoffoee eeeerrr ownz.

tachii
11-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Night Gallery

never even herd of this, does any one remember night terrors?

taylorsmommy
11-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by tachii
never even herd of this, does any one remember night terrors?

Never heard of it.

tachii
11-19-2004, 09:04 AM
i think it was around about two years ago
didn't make it past the first season
but i liked it