PDA

View Full Version : Cameras?

Madrigal
11-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I am looking at getting a camera within the next year, or half a year assuming I get adquate funds.

What camers are best for filmmaking, something that is reasonably priced, but also works for making amateur videos.

Basically something that gets the job done, and you can make the video looks good, but isn't ridiculously priced.

ADOM
11-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Do yourself a favor and go to www.bhphoto.com
I don't work for them, but I have bought from them. The prices are usually fair. Not always the cheapest, but fair and they know what they are talking about.

Anyway, look around. Pick some models in your price range that look like what you are thinking of and narrow it down to 5 or so cameras. Post that list here and I'm sure we'll be able to advice you.

Right now we can suggest anything from a Sony Handicam for shooting on a budget to a Panasonic DVX 100A for shooting in 24p or the XL2 from Canon which has an MSRP of around $5K.

The STE
11-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Madrigal
I am looking at getting a camera within the next year, or half a year assuming I get adquate funds.

What camers are best for filmmaking, something that is reasonably priced, but also works for making amateur videos.

Basically something that gets the job done, and you can make the video looks good, but isn't ridiculously priced.

film or video? I reccommend video, but you might want film