PDA

View Full Version : Free space for videos>?

Hayden_Films
11-11-2004, 03:23 PM
If you are looking for a way to sell your film online for a few dollars per dwnld ... go to terrorroyalty.com. I have just submitted a film, which will be appearing online shortly,

You upload it to their server, pick a price & start selling - you get paid for every download someone makes of your film.

As far as I know, its 100% free to sell, and unlimited space & bandwidth are offered for horror filmmakers only.

ThenThereWasOne
11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
hmmm since this is your one and only post, you wouldn't by chance happen to be the guy collecting the checks for hosting terrorroyalty.com now, would ya ? Just a thought...
CK

ShankS
11-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by ThenThereWasOne
hmmm since this is your one and only post, you wouldn't by chance happen to be the guy collecting the checks for hosting terrorroyalty.com now, would ya ? Just a thought...
CK

na course he isnt :rolleyes:

ThenThereWasOne
11-13-2004, 03:29 AM
This seems to have become the new scam of the moment, Shanks. I just saw this (minus the site name) on another site:

Right now, filmmakers are being offered COMPLETELY FREE space/bandwidth to store and sell their videos online, using software that they have developed. No size restrictions. No bandwidth restrictions.

What do you have to do to get this?

You have to have a horror film, that you want to sell to fans online. Email ([email protected]) to request details about how/where to upload your film.

Select a price, (about $4 - 5) that people can pay, to watch/download your film online.

Profits are split 50/50 and you can start selling tonight.

How the hell is that "completely free" if you're giving them 50% of the money from a film you took the time, effort, plus your own money (unless of course you're one of the "Just Give Me Your Money" people from another thread here) etc. to get made? There's a reason people make trailers and teasers. To get you to buy movies. Who the hell wants to pay $4-$5 to have to watch some over pixelated crap only on their comp anyways ? Try again.
CK

Hayden_Films
11-13-2004, 12:46 PM
I'll try and explain it a little more clearly:

You are offered free space & bandwidth to upload a film in either 640 x 480 or 320 x 240 resolution.

Then, you pick a price to sell the film for. Each time someone downloads the film, you recieve 50%. For example: if your film is selling for $4 you would recieve $2. The other $2 goes to the cost of .... space & bandwidth.

It's a way for filmmakers to generate some extra revenue from the online fans who don't want to wait for a DVD in the mail OR, for fans who just won't spend that much money on an SOV horror video.

If a few hundered people are downloading your film per week, it would likely generate more money than your DVD sales have in the last year.

Anyways, at no point does the site claim to be offering this space & bandwidth for nothing in return. It simply offers free space/bandwidth, for filmmakers who are interested in uploading and selling their videos easily, without finding their own hosting service.

Cheers!

ADOM
11-14-2004, 07:02 PM
The whole thing of downloading films for a one time watch seemed like a good idea to me. Less waste of shipping etc and everyone saves money, but you need to find people with fast connections and the web space has to be super reliable.

Has anyone checked out the site? Are there any working films up there?

ThenThereWasOne
11-14-2004, 07:30 PM
As far as I know, its 100% free to sell, and unlimited space & bandwidth are offered for horror filmmakers only.

Anyways, at no point does the site claim to be offering this space & bandwidth for nothing in return.

Each time someone downloads the film, you recieve 50%. For example: if your film is selling for $4 you would recieve $2. The other $2 goes to the cost of .... space & bandwidth.

hmmm...first it is 100% free, but then it's suddenly not. It still comes down to YOU collect $2- $2.50 every time someone wants to see MY movie. That $2-$2.50 is enough to cover shipping in a DVD/VCD format, better quality, not hogging up hard drive space and best of all not paying someone else who had nothing to do with the making of the film. I still say it's a scam.
CK

slasherman
04-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by ThenThereWasOne
hmmm...first it is 100% free, but then it's suddenly not. It still comes down to YOU collect $2- $2.50 every time someone wants to see MY movie. That $2-$2.50 is enough to cover shipping in a DVD/VCD format, better quality, not hogging up hard drive space and best of all not paying someone else who had nothing to do with the making of the film. I still say it's a scam.
CK
agree...and to many people on the net have become money whores :mad: