ichi the killer
11-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Modestas
its coming! with new zombies!
More GORE this time PLEASE!
I want an old school zombie film.
Throats getting ripped out!
Splinters in the eye!
Arms & other body parts getting chomped on!
Guts & Entrails every where!

The head shots the only true stopper!

ShankS
11-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ichi the killer
More GORE this time PLEASE!
I want an old school zombie film.
Throats getting ripped out!
Splinters in the eye!
Arms & other body parts getting chomped on!
Guts & Entrails every where!

The head shots the only true stopper!

yep, what all good zombie films should include.

Cheeba V2.0
11-12-2004, 08:34 AM
So, you're referring to a sequal of the recent remake?

That would be interesting, at least the die hard fans of the original can't have the same old
"it's a remake, it sucked" crutch this time...

ShankS
11-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Cheeba V2.0
So, you're referring to a sequal of the recent remake?

That would be interesting, at least the die hard fans of the original can't have the same old
"it's a remake, it sucked" crutch this time...

Think he is, read an interview somewhere about a sequal to the remake...I think they may even talk about it in the extras on the remakes DVD.

Cheeba V2.0
11-12-2004, 09:05 AM
So...the extras on the dvd, does that indicate that the sequel will be done by more or less the same production team as the first?
It'll look foward to seeing what they can do without having to adhere to any of the constraints a "remake" clearly defines...

tachii
11-12-2004, 09:08 AM
wasn't the remake bad enough? now it get a sequel, what the fuck! the effects were great and all, but what happened to the story? it really sucked sour saggy deflated balls!!!!!

ShankS
11-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Cheeba V2.0
So...the extras on the dvd, does that indicate that the sequel will be done by more or less the same production team as the first?
It'll look foward to seeing what they can do without having to adhere to any of the constraints a "remake" clearly defines...

actually this thread reminded me to watch the extras, and I will do later. As said, the stuff I read I gathered the same film crew will doing the Remakes Sequal, so it gives them an opportunity to expand on Romeros original ideas, without actually having any effect on the originals, as it will be fresh ideas linked with the Remakes ideas....if you get my drift.

If I read or view anything new that changes what I've said, i'll post it in this thread.

urgeok
11-12-2004, 09:27 AM
i should watch mine this weekend as well ..

Shanks, check out the locations if they show any in the extras ..
thats my town there :)

ShankS
11-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
i should watch mine this weekend as well ..

Shanks, check out the locations if they show any in the extras ..
thats my town there :)

will do :)

IDrinkYourBlood
11-14-2004, 10:16 PM
this si terrible, so terrible. "sequel to the remake" doesnt that just sound awful

Hate_Breeder
11-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Needing a link..

tachii
11-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
this si terrible, so terrible. "sequel to the remake" doesnt that just sound awful

agree

Vodstok
11-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Bah, i want it! Iliked the remake. It stands alone as its own movie, just like the fly remake (people forget about that so often....)

Hey, it HAS to be better than Godsend or the Grudge. At least it will have zombies...:D

urgeok
11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Bah, i want it! Iliked the remake. It stands alone as its own movie, just like the fly remake (people forget about that so often....)

Hey, it HAS to be better than Godsend or the Grudge. At least it will have zombies...:D

I just watched it again yesterday ..
Its a great movie.
I have no idea why people wouldnt like this one.

Vodstok
11-15-2004, 09:20 AM
All seuqals are knock-offs of the original. So the dawn of the dead remake sequal would be the sequal to a remake of a sequal. Odd, huh?

I want to see it, and i want to see if anna, kenneth, terry and the little dog-chasing dipshit (nicole) survived the first one. Maybe one or two of them made it away from the island....

horror_spooky
11-15-2004, 03:59 PM
great. A Dawn of the Dead remake sequel. I like the remake way better then i like the original. I just hated when that guy (forgot name) fell the fuck asleep! omg! u couldn't get any dumber! no chance! no possible way! there better some same characters in it. OR ELSE! that's where the Friday the 13th series went bad in my opinion.

The_Return
11-15-2004, 04:07 PM
All seuqals are knock-offs of the original. So the dawn of the dead remake sequal would be the sequal to a remake of a sequal. Odd, huh?

I find Ring 2 strange. Sequel to a remake, that was originall based on a book. When you know Hollywood is dead

tachii
11-17-2004, 10:33 AM

that's for sure; anyway i would go see it...just to find out if they fuck this one up as well

MrShape
12-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ShankS
yep, what all good zombie films should include.
Yeah, I'm more excited about Romero's Land Of The Dead then any DOD remake sequel.

Vodstok
12-02-2004, 05:28 AM
Im excited about anything with fuckign zombies these days. Im sick of slashers. i know i have defended scream in other threads, im just tired of it's bastard children.

urgeok
12-02-2004, 05:50 AM
i hear you loud and clear ..

zombies are the real deal ... they never get old ..

TheOmen
12-02-2004, 02:05 PM
I think it's really sad that this sequel will be made, yet Romeros own (reckoning, twilight, land or whatever) can barely get interest. At least let the man get in on the renewed Zombie fest that is only in existence because of Romero himself.

It just sucks. More zombies for the a.d.d crowd I guess....

Cheeba V2.0
12-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Who says Romeros new films won't get interest??

If you ask me, they'll be the ones I'm looking out for above ANYTHING else...I'm 23 now, and although night and dawn are a little before my time, I've seen and loved both....as for those that don't recognise romeros freshness, reputation, and godlike moviemaking status - Fuck 'em.

TheOmen
12-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Who says Romeros new films won't get interest??

If you ask me, they'll be the ones I'm looking out for above ANYTHING else...I'm 23 now, and although night and dawn are a little before my time, I've seen and loved both....as for those that don't recognise romeros freshness, reputation, and godlike moviemaking status - Fuck 'em

Romero himself has told me he has had virtually no interest from production houses, and couldn't gain the financing he needs for the next chapter. He was hoping that if anything good could come out of the remake (which he didn't like), it would clear the way for him to gain support for his movie. Now with this sequel being announced, either he hasn't received interest, or he is directing the sequel himself.

In terms of fandem, he always has that type of hardcore support. Which makes you wonder what the hell the studios are looking at.

chaplains5802
12-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Well, its like I always say:

MrShape
12-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by TheOmen
Romero himself has told me he has had virtually no interest from production houses, and couldn't gain the financing he needs for the next chapter. He was hoping that if anything good could come out of the remake (which he didn't like), it would clear the way for him to gain support for his movie. Now with this sequel being announced, either he hasn't received interest, or he is directing the sequel himself.

In terms of fandem, he always has that type of hardcore support. Which makes you wonder what the hell the studios are looking at.

Actually, he's got the backing and he's filming it right now. After the DOD remake made lots of money, a studio greenlighted "Land Of The Dead" and "Diamond Dead" right away. Unfortunately, Tom Savini won't be doing the FX, KNB will.

The DOD remake was pretty cool, it could have been an awesome zombie film with a change of title and a change of location.

Bon_Scott
12-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by MrShape
Actually, he's got the backing and he's filming it right now. After the DOD remake made lots of money, a studio greenlighted "Land Of The Dead" and "Diamond Dead" right away. Unfortunately, Tom Savini won't be doing the FX, KNB will.

The DOD remake was pretty cool, it could have been an awesome zombie film with a change of title and a change of location.

MrShape
12-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
i hear you loud and clear ..

zombies are the real deal ... they never get old ..

Yes! Zombie fan unite, and eat the non believers.

Chainsaw Guy
12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by chaplain
Do us all the favor, here.......

screw that use this

http://www.war-toys.com/figures/Barney/bazooka.jpg

TheOmen
12-02-2004, 04:48 PM

Well then, that's great. I haven't spoken to him since the opening weekend of the remake.

I like "Land of the Dead" much better than "Dead Reckoning" as well.