PDA

View Full Version : New Logo for ScaredYet.Net

Vodstok
11-10-2004, 12:24 PM
I just figured id come here and ask some opinions. i am looking to expand my scary empire, and part of that is some merchandizing. Also, i was tired of the old logo, so i figured i would show a little comparison for ya:
Old:
http://scaredyet.net/index_files/scaredold.gif

here is the new
http://scaredyet.net/index_files/scared.gif

take a swing by here:
Http://ScaredYet.Net

And let me know if it looks good with the ol' site. i think it looksbetter than the old one.

gren
11-10-2004, 12:49 PM
u really love the bright colors huh?

i tink its cool. ever try tinkering with the actual font tho? u kow.. something... CREEPIER??? o00o0o0o000!! :D

like kidprint!

Death By Jell-O
11-10-2004, 12:52 PM
From a graphics designer point of view, I'd go with something more graphics oriented than just a font......a nice creepy background of some kind......The font looks cool, but gets lost in the background.......It needs something more....Just my opinion...

gren
11-10-2004, 12:54 PM
hey.... id idnt give u permission to quote me!! :mad:

JK. lol. love it!!! :D

Death By Jell-O
11-10-2004, 12:55 PM
LOL...It was too good of a quote to pass up!

jay o2 waster
11-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I just figured id come here and ask some opinions. i am looking to expand my scary empire, and part of that is some merchandizing. Also, i was tired of the old logo, so i figured i would show a little comparison for ya:
Old:
http://scaredyet.net/index_files/scaredold.gif

here is the new
http://scaredyet.net/index_files/scared.gif

take a swing by here:
Http://ScaredYet.Net

And let me know if it looks good with the ol' site. i think it looksbetter than the old one. cough Waster Reviews (http://www.wasterreviews.tk) cough

Vodstok
11-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Death By Jell-O
From a graphics designer point of view, I'd go with something more graphics oriented than just a font......a nice creepy background of some kind......The font looks cool, but gets lost in the background.......It needs something more....Just my opinion... Graphics designer, eh?

Please, any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Dont be afraid to be blunt.

I assume you mean the letters stay the same, but ceate more of a logo out of it than a neat looking string of letters?

xGuardianx03
11-10-2004, 01:20 PM
are ya...

xGuardianx03
11-10-2004, 01:37 PM
just trying a few things...

Haphazard
11-10-2004, 01:41 PM

Dont be afraid to be blunt.

No problem. They both equally suck balls! :D

No, seriously...I agree with jello boy. I am also a graphic designer, and if you are seriously planning on branding/merchandising...you would need something a lot more eye-catching and powerful. Not necesarily something too busy...but something that at least portrays a horror-related site better than this current logo.

gren
11-10-2004, 01:42 PM
very cool! esp the 1st

Vodstok
11-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Well now.... Looks like i will have to brush iup on the ol' photoshop skills now.....

I hope you guys know you have opened pandora's box... I will be bugging jello and hap until i get something stellar....:D

Death By Jell-O
11-10-2004, 04:26 PM
If you need help designing something, I'd be more than willing to help you out.......

MichaelMyers
11-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Cool.

newb
11-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Gotta agree Vod. Something a litte more creepy would be .....er........uh..creepier.

gren
11-10-2004, 09:34 PM
i guess while im here

the lime green is a bit hard on the eyes which is why i went with gloom. i think the other th ingies are coolas shit too but what it boiled down to was which ones i could actually read

too much busy stuff going on in most of the cases. id say keep the background more simple and perhaps dress up some of the headings, banners and such. too much stuf on the background and i couldnt really read the type anymore!

Vodstok
11-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Please, by all means jello, post or pm me any suggestions, or if you throw something together,feel free to show it off.

here is another one i put together. I really like the photo-negative skeleton thing...

Vodstok
11-11-2004, 04:38 AM
And here is another.... (this one would require the site to be altered a bit...)

urgeok
11-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by xGuardianx03
are ya...

i thought this one was good .. cool effect

ShankS
11-11-2004, 05:13 AM
Done a few quickies for ya Vod...with a Ring theme to them. I kept the same sort of colours as yours, with some different colours aswell. Say what you think of em, dont hesitate to say you dont like em ;)

I think my fave is the top one... it's more simple and less clutered than the others.

:)

urgeok
11-11-2004, 05:18 AM
the second one .. the C is starting to look like an E a bit because of the positioning of the holes ..
so at first it looked like "Seared Yet ?"

ShankS
11-11-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
the second one .. the C is starting to look like an E a bit because of the positioning of the holes ..
so at first it looked like "Seared Yet ?"

yeah, looking at it now I see what you mean, no trouble to alter it though. They're just some examples, I like creating stuff like this and helping people out with ideas.

:)

urgeok
11-11-2004, 05:33 AM
i wish i could ... i never had the time to get good with graphics ...
its a great skill to have ..

oh - and the 2nd one was my fave of the 4

Haphazard
11-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Vod,

I was just joking with my "overly blunt" comment. I wasn't trying to offend you (just so ya know). But anyway...I just threw something together as well. Nevermind the color scheme...that can be altered, but I usually always start off with black and blood red regarding these types of things.

Also, I think it is consice and simple enough to use on things other than the actual website.

Vodstok
11-11-2004, 10:22 AM
That is very cool.... It would be great for a t-shirt or something along those lines, while i could still use one of the more "bumper-sticker" ones for the actual website... Very nice.

Hey, if i make any money off of it, what is your usual cut?

Haphazard
11-11-2004, 10:37 AM
That is very cool.... It would be great for a t-shirt or something along those lines, while i could still use one of the more "bumper-sticker" ones for the actual website... Very nice.

Hey, if i make any money off of it, what is your usual cut?

Regarding $$$...Don't worry 'bout it, bro. Just trying to help.

Word of advice though: The key to branding/merchandising is breeding familiarity. So, I would advise you to use the same logo/font/color scheme, etc. all across the board. Whichever logo you decide to use, should be used all of the time for everything.

Just my opinion.

xGuardianx03
11-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Nice work, Hap! My favorite so far.

Haphazard
11-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by xGuardianx03
Nice work, Hap! My favorite so far.

Thanks dude!

Also, I was just checkin' out your profile and we have the same birthdate!!

May 1.

Taurus's rock! :D

xGuardianx03
11-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Haphazard
we have the same birthdate!!

May 1.

Taurus's rock! :D

Very nice! ;) May is the best time of year, besides my birthday, the weather is just perfect. :)