PDA

View Full Version : village

Modestas
11-10-2004, 11:32 AM
sorry, if there was some similar thread... i just missed it. whats about "the village"?its good as horror movie?

MichaelMyers
11-10-2004, 11:37 AM
It's bad.

Modestas
11-10-2004, 11:47 AM
hmm.. its not scary? and what about that movie is? about haunting? if yes, i love haunting movie so much.

urgeok
11-10-2004, 11:47 AM
lets see if i can put it this way....

Shade
11-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Modestas
hmm.. its not scary? and what about that movie is? about haunting? if yes, i love haunting movie so much.

Huh? Where are you from? ...The Village isn't good...in any language. Hell, my cousin even said it wasn't scary and he has the horror tolerance of a four year old girl.

ShankS
11-10-2004, 12:53 PM
sorry, if there was some similar thread... i just missed it. whats about "the village"?its good as horror movie?

nobody likes this film.

Heretic_Ideals
11-10-2004, 01:01 PM
no no no this is the lamest movie ever id rather watch fucking winnie the poo in the nude in the middle of route 66 then watch the village again.

ShankS
11-10-2004, 01:03 PM
it's crap

Kemal
11-10-2004, 01:42 PM
It's the worst movie I've seen in years.

horror_master
11-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Heretic_Ideals
no no no this is the lamest movie ever id rather watch fucking winnie the poo in the nude in the middle of route 66 then watch the village again.

LOL. So the movies that bad, saves me the money renting it to see whats it about. :)

DraculaInDallas
11-10-2004, 02:52 PM

It blows!!!!

urgeok
11-11-2004, 02:37 AM
here's the long version. with spoilers .. but who cares.
(its impossible to spoil shit)

the movie was sold to us like a horror.
It wasnt a horror - it was a big sham.

the acting was terrible - the Howard girl, Hurt ... all horrible.
'stop asking me what your colour is - i'm not telling'
SHUT UP !
The lines were terrible !

it had some of the stupidest scenes of all times in it.

'gee i guess we shouldnt have hidden that one monster costume under the floor where we keep the crazy guy'

I have never been so disgusted and dissapointed in a movie my entire life.

Kemal
11-11-2004, 06:29 AM
I can't get over how horrible that movie was: bad acting, cumbersome dialogue and plot holes bigger than that ditch Adrian Brody meets his fate in.

For example: why does William Hurt's character send his blind daughter stumbling through the woods to get medicine from "the towns"? They send Ivy allegedly because she's blind and she won't learn the secret of the village and the outside world. But he already knows the big secret and could have gone himself. Any of the village elders could have gone.

Oh and then there's M. Night Shyamalan's cameo near the end, where he can't even deliver his lines convincingly.

The Village was originally titled "The Woods". There's an actual horror movie called "The Woods" coming out next year, also about mysterious creatures or something in the woods around a girl's school in the 1960.

urgeok
11-11-2004, 06:39 AM
hey, what about the language they used ?
sinply a plot device to serve the 'big trick ending'
and the red herring tombstone in the opening sequence.

The director spent all of his energies trying to build up for the big switcheroo and forgot that he actually had a coherent movie to make.

newb
11-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by urgeok

The director spent all of his energies trying to build up for the big switcheroo and forgot that he actually had a coherent movie to make.

Which is a this dudes whole problem. He is always going to try to outdo his last "BIG SURPRISE" ending.

Modestas
11-11-2004, 08:07 AM
well, but in the imdb that movie is rated good: 6.5 points from 10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/
if movie were bad it would be rated less than 5 points I think.

urgeok
11-11-2004, 08:10 AM
well he really only had one in 6th sense ..

Unbreakable didnt have one ..

Signs didnt really have one ...

I think 6th sense prompted other filmakers to start using that device though (not like the twist ending started with 6th sense - it was just the most effective one in recent years)

The Others had an effective one ..

and there was The Gift (not so effective)

it seems like he was trying to outdo the others that were inspired by him.

He is way to gimmicky though ..
His manditory cmeos (christ he's not hitchcock)
The 'red' thing - man that got old fast...

I thought 6th Sense and Unbreakable were brilliant movies ..
but the guy is going downhill faster than Cartman in a sled race since then.

urgeok
11-11-2004, 08:11 AM
well, but in the imdb that movie is rated good: 6.5 points from 10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/
if movie were bad it would be rated less than 5 points I think.

that rating system and 25 cents will get you a phone call.