PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new writers for the site - movie reviews!

horror
09-17-2003, 04:24 AM
Hi everyone. We're hoping some new members will want to contribute movie reviews and other articles to the site. For many years, horror.com was a fanzine run by a few people who wrote all the articles, but with this new version of the site, we want to involve anyone and everyone who is interested in contributing.

If you have an interest in writing horror movie reviews for the site, let us know. We have several people already submitting and a few more who have said they will in the future, but the more the better.

We'll be posting up some more specifics on what we need and all that very soon.

Tony
09-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Hey. I dropped in the site and I am impressed. It looks incredible. I write horror movie reviews quite frequently and would love to contribute if you would have me. I can send you some of my work if you are interested. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get you some of my stuff. My name is of course Tony. I'm 22 and have been watching horror since age 4 as for a little bit of my horror background. Hope to hear from you soon!

horror
09-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Tony
Hey. I dropped in the site and I am impressed. It looks incredible. I write horror movie reviews quite frequently and would love to contribute if you would have me. I can send you some of my work if you are interested. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get you some of my stuff. My name is of course Tony. I'm 22 and have been watching horror since age 4 as for a little bit of my horror background. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Tony - sounds cool. We are setting up a private forum for contributors to the site. I'll give you access and we can chat over there. You might already own every horror DVD known to man, but if not, you're over 18, so maybe we can send you DVDs for review too, if you're interested in that.

Check your PMs in a little bit for more info! :)

Anyone else who is interested, please feel free to let us know too.

Tony
09-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Thanks horror. I used to be a journalism major (until I took a break from college) so writing really interests me. I would love to learn more about contributing and begin when and if you want me to. Send me more info on how everything works. Hope to start working with you soon.

opera13
09-18-2003, 01:30 AM
I would love to be involved as well! Please send me more information on how I can send in my reviews...pretty please...come on ..I asked nicely :)

Prosper761
09-20-2003, 12:40 PM
Hey there. Found your site by accident. I used to be a the film critic for PhillyOut.com, until they went defunct. I am an avid horror fan and have writtnr two horror screenplays, one of which was recently optioned by an independant production company in Canada. i would love to take part in your site. Please contact me with teh details. I have planty of sample review to submit for your consideration.

Charlie
09-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Hi,
I'd be interested in writting reviews, I have no experience in writting reviews unless you count old school book reviews, I've always wanted to review movies and horror has always been my favorite genre. If you have any interest in a rookie writting for you site just let me know.

horror
09-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Thanks everyone. I just sent some more PM's to those who replied to this thread recently!

Tony
09-23-2003, 04:45 AM
What movies do we need a review for next?

avenger00soul
09-27-2003, 05:05 PM
I write reviews for my own small website (pretty much for my own enjoyment) and I would love to be a part of something bigger. E-mail me at [email protected] and let me know what's up. I'll be able to send plenty of examples if need be.

Nick Scholtz
10-05-2003, 03:44 PM
I am an avid horror fan. I have watched over 100 horror movies and have a good collection. I'm only 16, but I have a dream to become a screen writer or a film director. My friend and I are the big horror fans of our town and love to watch horror movies frequently. I would love to do reviews for you.

Blizz
10-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Hey, I can try and help in anyway I can. If you need extra people or any help just pm me.

pbenvin
10-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey there. I'm a writer here in Michigan with a lot of experience, both as a professional and as a fan. I've had articles published in many publications as well as on line, and I would love to get involved in any way. Hope to talk to you soon regarding this matter.

Killer Clown#1
10-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Yo I love writing reviews for horror movies I even do it on my web site. If you need more writers then sign me up, I'd be glad to help:)

Killer Clown#1
10-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Here is my e-mail [email protected]

Blood lust
10-12-2003, 01:40 AM
I would love to write reviews for horror's as im a massive fan of all movies to do with horror:D :D :D

thehalk
10-12-2003, 07:01 PM
yo i would love to help

Killer Clown#1
10-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Wtf??? last time you posted on here horror you had around 300 posts now 1 day latter you have like 100 more, where do you post?

Killer Clown#1
10-12-2003, 07:17 PM
I don't really care just thought it was kind of odd.:confused:

thehalk
10-12-2003, 07:18 PM
was that a repie to me?

Killer Clown#1
10-12-2003, 07:22 PM
No. I was talking about HORROR the moderator.

thehalk
10-12-2003, 07:25 PM
i think its cuse he owns the sitE?

Killer Clown#1
10-12-2003, 07:31 PM
That would be cool to own the site. "Ummm I don't have a nuff posts...well I can fix that":D lol

thehalk
10-12-2003, 07:33 PM
how? can u do that

ChaoticMinister
10-15-2003, 02:26 PM
I'd love to help. Movies are my thing. Since Freshman year in HS I've wanted to be a writer/director, even a journalist. I'll be taking journalism and some film courses next semester in college, so that will help. Another thing that will help is that I've been watching R-Rated flicks since I was about 6 or 7... first one? Terminator 2. Plus, film knowledge is my thing: I'm always teaching my friends new things about movies and "the biz" whenever we're watching one whether they like it or not. Well, I'm tooting my own horn, so I'll stop. I assumed that I had to make this innocent response sound like a job application essay.

Should I write up a practice review or something, to give you an idea of my skills? Not sure how this works.

*Nervous FADE OUT*

ShamSham04
10-18-2003, 04:33 PM
I would love to be a reviewer for this site. I have reviewed many horror movies in the past at another site: www.upcominghorrormovies.com. You can check a few reviews there, like my "Creepshow" and "Night Of The Living Dead" review. On the site, they have a Reviewer Vs. Reviewer challenge on there, and I beat a reviewer who had one twice in a row. I guess that's saying something. lol.

Anyway, please send me some information on what's going on and stuff. Just email me of send me a private message. My email is [email protected]. Thanks. :)

WalkingDead
10-19-2003, 10:53 AM
i am new, but i am willing. i have had some great reviews. if you want to see one of my good ones emial me at [email protected]

Colm O' Toole
10-21-2003, 06:39 AM
Hey names Colm and I'm new here. I'd be really interested in contributing both movie reviews and any articles on the whole horror genre in general. I study Journalism & Creative Writing in Ireland and wanna be the next Stephen King. If you want any reviews or articles on horror my E-Mail is [email protected]. Looking forward to helping out any way I can to promoting horror it needs a revival. PS. Just stumbled on this site it's fantastic!!!!

Loomis99
10-23-2003, 07:02 AM
I would very much like to contribute some work to your site, having a background in English Lit and creative writing and a more than healthy interest in the genre. I have had a problem in trying to submit work though - The box wherein I'd write has a small icon in the left corner and I'm told there's an "error on page". Is this a problem with the site or is it my arthritic computer?

FreddyFan
11-04-2003, 10:48 AM
Sure! I'll do some movie reviews for u. I wanna be a movie critic so this would be a start for me.

mudsliptones
11-14-2003, 08:01 AM
I want to contribute in anny way I can, I love everything horror related so, feel free to ask if ya need something

SamCostello
11-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Hi Horror — If you're still looking for movie reviewers, I'd love to be involved.

I'm a freelance writer and have written about horror movies, comics and web sites for Rue Morgue.

Outside of the genre, my work has apppeared on CNN.com and www.Samsung.com/MyGuide, and in InfoWorld, PC World and many other magazines.

Like I said, I'd love to be involved, so if you're interested, please drop me a line at [email protected].

Thanks,

Sam Costello

Dave
12-11-2003, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure if my reviews would fit in with the site sceme but if you want to check it out, you can see them at http://BadMovieReview.com

However, that is just my review style of why I didn't like movies, so if I ended up reviewing something that I don't like, that is what you would get. Reviews for movies that I do like are different but I don't have any online at the moment. Either way, I'm down to contribute them if you want. :)

Elvis_Christ
01-02-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm very keen to contribute to the site. I'm a film major (mainly theory) who is a horror movie fanatic. I' be glad to help in any way I can. You can contact me (Tim) at [email protected].

driller killer
01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
I would definitely be interested in contributing some reviews. I run a horror site www.horrorheads.net so Ive written many a review before. Let me know what your looking for submission wise. thanks

Vodstok
01-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Hmmmm. I would also enjoy writing reviews. I hate critics in general, which is why on my site i tend to do an analysis of movies rather than just critiquing them. So far, i have a write up of the Exorcist, if you want to check it out, just click the link on my signature.

Freddy Krueger.
01-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Hello, Horror. I, being a huge fan of Horror.com, would be more then happy to help out with Horror.com. But sadly, I havent really ever made many reviews before, only for small sites and some friends sites. But I would love to try to help. I know theres probley more then a million others who would want to help and are more experienced with writing reviews, but if ya'll ever need help or somthing feel free to ask and I will gladly assist you in anyway possible.

ThunderFlame
01-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Krueger.
Hello, Horror. I, being a huge fan of Horror.com, would be more then happy to help out with Horror.com. But sadly, I havent really ever made many reviews before, only for small sites and some friends sites. But I would love to try to help. I know theres probley more then a million others who would want to help and are more experienced with writing reviews, but if ya'll ever need help or somthing feel free to ask and I will gladly assist you in anyway possible. kool, freddy your trying to become a reviewer for this site? neat. yeah ya should let this guy here try bein' a reviewer, hes not half bad at it, i cant remember the site nor do i care but he made some pretty kool reviews. hell he got me to watch jeepers creepers, texas chainsaw massicaure, and freddy vs jason all because i liked his reviews.

Freddy Krueger.
01-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Thats TF. Did I really cause you to want, and go see, those movies? Cool. I didn't think anyone thought I was really all that good at reviewing, thnaks.

friday13thfan
01-28-2004, 04:01 PM
I'D love to be one I watch movies all the time i even make my own reviws on my upcoming web site I will do 1 on the next horror movie i see

massacre man
01-28-2004, 04:13 PM
i guess i could try iv only written one review before for madman and that wuz rushed but ill try to help the best i can

friday13thfan
01-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ThunderFlame
kool, freddy your trying to become a reviewer for this site? neat. yeah ya should let this guy here try bein' a reviewer, hes not half bad at it, i cant remember the site nor do i care but he made some pretty kool reviews. hell he got me to watch jeepers creepers, texas chainsaw massicaure, and freddy vs jason all because i liked his reviews.

did he pay u to say that or are you a friend lol but good reviews freddy

Freddy Krueger.
01-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by friday13thfan
did he pay u to say that or are you a friend lol but good reviews freddy ...Thanks? No I didn't pay him, I wouldn't ever give money to someone for just some stupid sentences. TH is a pal... not a friend...

Freddy Krueger.
01-31-2004, 09:49 PM
TF*

friday13thfan
02-01-2004, 04:47 AM
yeah i know u didn't pay him i said that becaudse he only posted for that and nothing else but we have 100 members that never posted yet like i said great reviews

GorePhobia
02-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey guys whats up....i am very interested in doing reviews and what not on the site.....I am a writer/director......i am acually making a slasher/horror flick entitled "GorePhobia" were a killer goes after those who have a fear of blood and gore....check the site out at http://www.bloodandguts.cjb.net

I would love to do reviews and anything that would give me experience and help with my endevours.....please email me at [email protected]

thanks

Jonathan Mahoney

horrorfreak_904
02-03-2004, 01:20 PM
I WOULDNT MIND REVIEWING MOVIES IM A BIG MOVIE FAN AND I MAKE MY OWN MOVIES..EMAIL AT [email protected] IF U WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT FURTHER

sleepaway
02-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Well add me to the list. I'm yet another interested in writing reviews. The first thing I noticed after finding this site was it's lack of movie reviews so it was nice to see you're working on it. I'm sure if you still need people you'll send some info. I hope if you have enough people you'll close this thread!!!

ckyguy
02-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I would like to write some reviews for horror movies. I have seen a lot of horror movies. I like the old ones the best so maybe I could review DVD's and all. I would also love to review "Return to sleepaway camp." When it comes out. Thank you.

-Anthony

sleepaway
02-16-2004, 07:07 AM
Has anyone actually got a response from this? Or are we just offering our help for no reason? :)

Shade
02-17-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm sure you already have enough people writing reviews but if there's anything I could do I would truly be interested.

theCreeper
02-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Please consider me for reviewing movies here on this site. I write horror fiction -- short stories -- and would love to write reviews on movies.

Even more, I would love to write reviews on horror novels! Has anyone thought of that? A horror literature column? If so, please consider me.

HighPriestWise
02-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Yes, I'll do it.
My E-mail is [email protected]
I'm a writer as well.

HIGH PRIEST WISE

BrideOfChucky
03-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Hey there. I just recently found this thread ( and just recently became a member of Horror.com ) and I'd be interested in writing some, if atleast one, review if I could. No, I'm not experienced with writing reviews, but I sure do have opinions about each one I've seen and will probably see within the future. I enjoy most horror movies (Even the most disliked ones - Yes, I like Bride of Chucky :D ) and see it about two or three times, giving me even a stronger opinion on it. I focus on the storyline, the slasher, the victums, kills and the sequels. I'm not too big on the special effects, budget, and which major celebrity appears in what films - I look at what alot of normal people would look at and notice at the top of their heads. I'm good with working with deadlines, and I always try my best (Atleast the things that are related to subjects I care about most!). So if there are still positions or anything available - let me know! You can either PM me of the website or send me an e-mail here! ([email protected])

-Tiffany

HighPriestWise
03-29-2004, 03:26 PM
HEY, WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN E-MAILED YET???

HAIL SATAN!!!
HIGH PRIEST WISE