PDA

View Full Version : Rockers in Horror Movies

abbycomix
11-04-2003, 10:38 AM
As a music fan and a horror fan it thrills me when my fave musicians star in movies too. I can only think of a few instances though:
Debbie Harry in Videodrome
David Bowie in The Hunger and Labyrinth (though Labyrinth is more fantasy than horror).
L7 in Serial Mom.
They used the Ramones music in Pet Sematary.
Most recently Japanese rock gods Guitar Wolf are in the new zombie flick Wild Zero.
And of course there's House of 1000 Corpses though Zombie doesn't appear in it as far as I know.
Does anybody have any other examples I can check out?
Also has anybody seen Trick or Treat I heard that's got a rock theme. I can't seem to find it.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Meatloaf in Rocky Horror Picture Show...not exactly a Horror movie ..but one of my cult classics....To those whom have never seen it might strike them a little odd. :)

abbycomix
11-04-2003, 11:17 AM
I was considering mentioning that movie too, but I was also worried it wasn't horror enough :)
And of course I mentioned Phantom of the Paradise a bunch of times already but I recently bought the dvd so that's my excuse :p Even though I don't really consider Paul Williams a rock star but there is rock music!
I think Ken Russell's Tommy with The Who in it has some very unsettling horror-type moments. I loved Tina Turner as the Acid Queen. She impressed and terrified me!

moonsorrow
11-04-2003, 11:21 AM
dani filth from cradle of filth in cradle of fear

MichaelMyers
11-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Enya was on the closing credits to "Pet Symatery". :P

Killer Clown#1
11-04-2003, 11:26 AM
I don't know if it was in the movie but Meet the creeper by Rob Zombie was in the trailer for jeepere creepers 2, great tune.

DarkwingMantis
11-04-2003, 11:29 AM
I have trick or treat. The box says "Starring Ozzy osbourne" and the kiss guy (i dont listen yo kiss, so sorry to the fans) but they only appear in the movie for a VERY short time though Ozzy as a televangelist arguing against rock n roll is funny as hell. The movie isnt bad, its one of those early eighties-play-the-record-backwards-and-unleash-evil-rockers-spirit movie, but its actually pretty good

abbycomix
11-04-2003, 12:09 PM
That just reminded me about Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park. But i haven't seen that one yet.

FreddyFan
11-04-2003, 02:08 PM
I've seen Trick or Treat. I own it. It's a pretty good movie. Not that scary though. Yes it does have rock in it. And I mean in the movie. As in performance.

D'Lo
11-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Alice Cooper is in John Carpenter's 'Prince of Darkness'. He plays a zombie!

D'Lo
11-04-2003, 03:35 PM
A couple more:
- Henry Rollins was in 'Lost Highway' and was also the presenter of the TV show 'Night Visions'.
- Ice T was in 'Leprechaun in the Hood'. I know, Ice T is mainly a rapper, but he was the leadsinger of the metal band Body Count too.
- Megadeth had a song featured in 'Demon Knight' (Diadems)
- Armored Saint (Great band with John Bush, now leadsinger of Anthrax) appears on stage in 'Hellraiser III - Hell on Earth'

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-04-2003, 03:38 PM
She's not really a "rocker" but she "was" in the music business..Alliah(sp?) in Queen of the Damned..Not too bad of a movie I've seen worse..not enough gore for me though.

D'Lo
11-04-2003, 04:19 PM
One more: Glenn Danzig (from 'Danzig', 'The Misfits' and 'Samhain') had a small role in 'The Prophecy II' as Samayel.

Ritualistic
11-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Alice Cooper in "Monster Dog" (my avatar)
Debra Harry in "Tales from the darkside the movie"
david bowie in "the hunger"

I want to name more but I want to post some more before heading to bed..

abbycomix
11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Wow! Those are all great examples! Thanks for all the info. I really have to find Trick or Treat!I was wondering how come Danzig and The Misfits aren't in more horror movies. Oh! I just remembered Marilyn Manson and The Donnas are in Jawbreaker, but that's more of an ironic high school murder movie than horror really.
Also of course The Dickies song for Killer Klowns as well as The Cramps on The Return of the Living Dead soundtrack.

Killer Clown#1
11-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Just remembered that Marilyn Manson did a song for the Spawn movie(more of a sc-fi action movie though)

Ritualistic
11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
marilyn manson was also in the movie "lost highway" for like a split second.. sorry if someone already mentioned this, I didnt really read all the posts on this thread.. trying to catch up on all the other threads...

nightbreed
11-05-2003, 10:26 AM
henry rollins also had a small part in the crow, as did my life with the thrill kill kult. great flick. a bit overplayed but great none the less.

Ritualistic
11-05-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by nightbreed
henry rollins also had a small part in the crow, as did my life with the thrill kill kult. great flick. a bit overplayed but great none the less.

I had for gotten about thrill kill kult being in it.. great fucking soundtrack as well..

DarkwingMantis
11-06-2003, 08:57 AM
The Offspring in Idle Hands. Love when Dexter Holland gets top of his skull ripped up

avenger00soul
11-07-2003, 06:06 AM
Deftones and Iggy Pop in Crow II.
Alice Cooper was also in Freddy's Dead and The Attic Expeditions.
Slash was in Tales From the Crypt
Glad to see someone mentioned Armored Saint.