PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?Remake of DOTD..U seen it?

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Last night I decided to go rent a couple of movies....so I jumped into my car and drove up to Blockbuster. I decided on NoTLD (Night of the living dead for those who are braindead) and a couple of others that my dad told me to pick up. The lady at the counter say my Halloween Mike Myers T-shirt and asked me what are some of my favorite horror movies....after dawn of the dead came out of my mouth, she said that the remake sucked really bad, but it wasnt coming out until 10/26/04 so my question is, has anyone seen the remake, and is it worth renting it for myself?

thanx for reading..:D

Sistinas
10-23-2004, 09:23 AM
That chick is crazy, its an awsome movie!I'm going without a bag of weed just so i can buy it tuesday!Does anyone know how much it will be?

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 09:41 AM
probabley gonna be like 20 bucks or less but if it is like a special edition then probabley like 30........ yea she seemed like she probabley wasnt that much into horror movies anyway, mainly because she was like 21 and REALLY HOT!:D

massacre man
10-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by [Enigma]
horror movies anyway, mainly because she was like 21 and REALLY HOT!:D go to the post a picture of yourself thread

Monkey Do
10-23-2004, 10:57 AM
She's right, the remake is the biggest pile of shit ever. If you have any respect for the original and actually know something about horror films (unlike Sistinas the retard who obviously knows 2 things, Fuck and All) then don't fucking bother.

If you really need to see it then grab it off the .torrents 'cos whoever made that fucking travesty deserves to be ripped off.

massacre man
10-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Monkey Do
She's right, the remake is the biggest pile of shit ever. If you have any respect for the original and actually know something about horror films (unlike Sistinas the retard who obviously knows 2 things, Fuck and All) then don't fucking bother.

If you really need to see it then grab it off the .torrents 'cos whoever made that fucking travesty deserves to be ripped off. im gonna fly to space with the easter bunny and eat picnic baskets with yogi bear and scooby doo

Monkey Do
10-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Meaning?

Sistinas
10-23-2004, 11:07 AM

If you really need to see it then grab it off the .torrents 'cos whoever made that fucking travesty deserves to be ripped off.

I know more about horror than you ever will you poo-butt n00b.It is a great film, as is the original.Now is the time I tell you to fuck yourself.

Sistinas
10-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Meaning?

You are a fucktard.

Monkey Do
10-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Sistinas
I know more about horror than you ever will you poo-butt n00b.

Unlikely sweetheart.

Sistinas
10-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Unlikely sweetheart.

This coming from an asshole with a wrestler for an avatar.:rolleyes: You are one "Superfly" guy.:rolleyes:

Monkey Do
10-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Well spotted, you obviously are more into your hunks in trunks than your movies. It's nothing to be ashamed of, you know I think they have a forum over on wwe.com, perhaps you'd feel more at home there?

EvilEd
10-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I haven't seen it but I'm getting it on DVD...Unrated of course. :cool:

Sistinas
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Well spotted, you obviously are more into your hunks in trunks than your movies. It's nothing to be ashamed of, you know I think they have a forum over on wwe.com, perhaps you'd feel more at home there?

Nice.:rolleyes: Is Mr. Snooka not an easily recognized person?Because I know who he is I know nothing about horror?Because I liked the DotD remake I know nothing about horror?You need to go back to your shitty wrestling website, and take usahorrorfan with you.

Monkey Do
10-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Because I liked the DotD remake I know nothing about horror?

Pretty much. I already said that didn't I?

Sistinas
10-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Pretty much. I already said that didn't I?

Okay, and the other 3/4 of the board that liked it knows nothing about horror as well?

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 02:09 PM

Official Forum Flame
===================================
Dear:
[ ] Clueless Newbie
[x] Loser
[ ] Spammer
[ ] 12 year old
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Nerd
[ ] l337 d00d/"vet"
[ ] Other: illegal immigrant

You Are Being Flamed Because
[ ] You posted a Nudity thread (anime or normal).
[ ] You whine like a bitch.
[ ] You bumped a thread from the last page.
[ ] You started an off-topic thread.
[ ] You made a thread get off-topic.
[ ] You posted something for personal gain.
[ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message.
[ ] You don't know which forum to post in.
[ ] You posted false information (or lack thereof).
[x] You posted something totally uninteresting.
[ ] You double posted.
[ ] You can't spell to save your life.
[ ] You posted a message all written in CAPS (oR aLtErNaTe CaPs).
[ ] You posted a X > Y thread. LAME.
[ ] I don't like your tone of voice.

To Repent, You Must:
[ ] Give up your AOL Internet account
[x] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[x] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Be my love slave
[ ] Apologize to everybody on this forum
[x] Go stand in the middle of an intersection

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:
[ ] Get a life
[x] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[ ] Bend Over™
[ ] I think your IQ must be 6
[ ] Take your crap somewhere else
[ ] Do us all a favor and jump into some industrial equipment
[ ] Go play Dress-Up Barbie Online™
[ ] All of the above

allmykids
10-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Official Forum Flame
===================================
Dear:
[ ] Clueless Newbie
[x] Loser
[ ] Spammer
[ ] 12 year old
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Nerd
[ ] l337 d00d/"vet"
[ ] Other: illegal immigrant

You Are Being Flamed Because
[ ] You posted a Nudity thread (anime or normal).
[ ] You whine like a bitch.
[ ] You bumped a thread from the last page.
[ ] You started an off-topic thread.
[ ] You made a thread get off-topic.
[ ] You posted something for personal gain.
[ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message.
[ ] You don't know which forum to post in.
[ ] You posted false information (or lack thereof).
[x] You posted something totally uninteresting.
[ ] You double posted.
[ ] You can't spell to save your life.
[ ] You posted a message all written in CAPS (oR aLtErNaTe CaPs).
[ ] You posted a X > Y thread. LAME.
[ ] I don't like your tone of voice.

To Repent, You Must:
[ ] Give up your AOL Internet account
[x] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[x] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Be my love slave
[ ] Apologize to everybody on this forum
[x] Go stand in the middle of an intersection

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:
[ ] Get a life
[x] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[ ] Bend Over™
[ ] I think your IQ must be 6
[ ] Take your crap somewhere else
[ ] Do us all a favor and jump into some industrial equipment
[ ] Go play Dress-Up Barbie Online™
[ ] All of the above

Now That's LAME!!

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 02:58 PM
hehe just thought id give it a try....:rolleyes: all well...

Hey allmykids did u see he remake od Dawn of the Dead when it came out in theaters?

allmykids
10-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Saw it the day it came Out!! It totally Kicked ass. Had some funny parts in it too!! A must BUY, For sure!! :D

massacre man
10-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Nice.:rolleyes: Is Mr. Snooka not an easily recognized person?Because I know who he is I know nothing about horror?Because I liked the DotD remake I know nothing about horror?You need to go back to your shitty wrestling website, and take usahorrorfan with you. YOU GO GIRL!*waves finger*

Sistinas
10-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by allmykids
Saw it the day it came Out!! It totally Kicked ass. Had some funny parts in it too!! A must BUY, For sure!! :D

Monkey do says you know nothing about horror.

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 03:07 PM

I totally agree..... even though some people say not to buy it because if u do u have no respect for the original, but i believe if you dont see and even buy it, you are disrespecting the orginal because the original is a classic, and any dawn of the deads after it are of course gonna be good.

AMEN! hehe:D

massacre man
10-23-2004, 03:16 PM
I totally agree..... even though some people say not to buy it because if u do u have no respect for the original, but i believe if you dont see and even buy it, you are disrespecting the orginal because the original is a classic, and any dawn of the deads after it are of course gonna be good.

AMEN! hehe:D

if one person says you dont know horror if you like the new one is retarded because everyone has their own opinions but Monkey Do is not entitled to an opinion because he sucks

"you dont respect the old one" -how gay is that to say because everyone has their own opinions and stop sucking monkey do and actually make something worth while so now go back and talk about how much you like the way wrestlers look in their costumes

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by massacre man
if one person says you dont know horror if you like the new one is retarded because everyone has their own opinions but Monkey Do is not entitled to an opinion because he sucks

Well said my friend....well said:D

allmykids
10-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Monkey do says you know nothing about horror.

He said I know nothing about horror??

massacre man
10-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Well said my friend....well said:D shank you

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 03:29 PM
No, Sistinas means that since you said you like the remake of Dotd.....then you dont know anything about horror....because monkey do said that anyone who likes the remake doesnt know anything about horror...

...so basically yea, he said that you dont know anything about horror

allmykids
10-23-2004, 03:30 PM
He said I know nothing about horror??

Never mind I get it!! because I liked the movie!! LOL

He is the the one that knows nothing about horror!! Monkey POO, Your not aloud to play with the pro's!!!

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 03:30 PM
But remember, Monkey do isnt smart enough to post a intellegent post...so dont mind him :D

massacre man
10-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Never mind I get it!! because I liked the movie!! LOL

He is the the one that knows nothing about horror!! Monkey POO, Your not aloud to play with the pro's!!! ban the turd muncher

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 03:34 PM
ban the turd muncher

I *Love* your choice of words:D

allmykids
10-23-2004, 03:34 PM
ban the turd muncher

I can't ban him just because he knows nothing about horror. LOL Oh wait I'm MOD. Yes I can!! LMAO!! But I won't.

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 03:36 PM
lol dang you got my hopes up :D

allmykids
10-23-2004, 03:39 PM
lol dang you got my hopes up :D

I got to be fair DAMIT!!

massacre man
10-23-2004, 03:41 PM
I can't ban him just because he knows nothing about horror. LOL Oh wait I'm MOD. Yes I can!! LMAO!! But I won't. he doesn't deserve to be here he joins a horror forum and knows nothing about horror

[Enigma]
10-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Lol it is true

natas
10-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Just finished watching Dawn of the Dead, the remake.....Wow! I really liked it! The extras are pretty cool too. Like how they make their heads explode! Definatly on my list of movies to get.

Sistinas
10-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Yes, great movie!

Hate_Breeder
10-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Great movie. DVD doesnt come out until tomarrow along with Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas. But i downloaded it and it kicked ass. Cant wait to see the extra features..

ShankS
10-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by natas
Just finished watching Dawn of the Dead, the remake.....Wow! I really liked it! The extras are pretty cool too. Like how they make their heads explode! Definatly on my list of movies to get.

got the Directors Cut the other day. Only had time to watch the film, so shall sit down later today and watch all the extra stuff. Enjoyed the film, was good stuff.

Vodstok
10-26-2004, 04:22 AM
I liked it alot. i have it on one of my pcs at work, so i have been listening to it (and dog soldiers, and the original dawn) as background noise for a couple of months. I am dying for the dvd though.

urgeok
10-26-2004, 08:50 AM
i thought it was terrific ...
Great characters, enough quirkyness to still feel a bit like Romero,
and best of all it went some ways to proving the bankability of a zombie horror film which was partly instrumental to getting Land of the Dead a green light.

I cant understand the Romero fans that crap on this version .. except to put on some elitest fan-boy posture and ramble on how even attempting a remake of this most holy of films is sacrilegious.

those guys always remind me of the comic book store owner in The Simpsons.

SauxVage
10-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
I cant understand the Romero fans that crap on this version .. except to put on some elitest fan-boy posture and ramble on how even attempting a remake of this most holy of films is sacrilegious.

I can't agree more. The movie--to me--stuck to the original(storeline wise) and gave me a sense of hope for this new zombie adventure that's coming to a theater near you soon[Land of the Dead].

~The Vampyre~

Dark_Hero
10-26-2004, 12:13 PM

LMFAO!!!!

Too true....I cant wait to see this, Ive been trying to d/l, but to no avail:( Oh well....Wont be long till I see it, I dont think

ichi the killer
10-27-2004, 07:23 AM
Enjoyed the film, but disapointed with lack of gore even in dc cut. Zombie films need the glop flowing in rivers. (resident evil? Milla Jolivich having fist fights with zombies what a load of shit.) The head shots were cool, but whats happened to the bite scenes? for me that was the best part of the original DOTD & DOTD also the stuff by Fulci. A year from now i wanna see a unrated d.c of land of the dead with all the glop that made the original films so great.

Sistinas
10-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Did anyone else think the Andy extra was lame?

wiseguy
10-29-2004, 04:22 AM
the film is fantastic - fast zombies, great action, cool finish and yeah i still love the original as well.

the andy extra was a bit crappy - (hopin to see him get attacked when he let the dog in) - but it was only a extra so dont mind - the more extras the better.

liked the extra at the news station.

cant wait till land of the dead.

hope they do a remake of day of the dead to follow this remake.

EXTR3MIST
10-29-2004, 04:30 AM
...and then another remake of Night of the Living Dead to follow this remake, and then another remake of The Shining to follow that remake...

Surely you do not have to be a purist to see modern horror movies going right down the pan?

The originals may still exist untainted, but remakes - however well received - are ALWAYS targetted at a mainstream audience... this means safe, expected thrills & spills at the expense of the dangerous, unconventional terror that made the originals the classics they are.

urgeok
10-29-2004, 05:07 AM
i agree with that to a point ..

But I'd rather see a decent remake of a solid classic than nothing ... in an effort to keep a very week genre alive.
There just arent enough horror films being made ...
And I'm not including these shot on video back yard direct to video crap.
The very existence of those on the shelves shows you how desperate we are for horror films...

I think its painfully obvious that there is no-one striving for origionality but at least something well made might pump new life into the genre ... and get people interested enough to check out the old origionals too. Both of these things will help toward creating a demand for more theatrical horror films - i hope !

knife_fight
10-29-2004, 07:16 PM
yep, I thought all of the extras felt like amateur hour at some shitty film festival. terrible. a disgrace.

I,ZOMBIE
10-29-2004, 08:47 PM
i hope in land of the dead, zombies will not run or talk unless (like bob the zombie) they learned how. tired. goodnight everyone!

ShankS
10-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by I,ZOMBIE
i hope in land of the dead, zombies will not run or talk unless (like bob the zombie) they learned how. tired. goodnight everyone!

dont you mean bub

zwoti
10-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
dont you mean bub

no he changed his name and got a job....believe he's a store manager now

wufong
10-30-2004, 05:50 AM
lol you people are retarded. honestly, you truely are.

bwind22
10-30-2004, 06:15 AM
The Dawn remake is cooler than about 85% of the posts on this thread.

The Dawn original is cooler than them all.

Land of the Dead will fucking own!

massacre man
10-30-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
no he changed his name and got a job....believe he's a store manager now no he owns disney world he started out as a store manager working with Ken Foree and Adam Sandler

urgeok
11-01-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by I,ZOMBIE

Romero favors the slow moving zombies .. but there will be developement in the zombies ... they are learning.
I think its hard to run when rigor mortis has set in :)

Mind you - that being said the zombies always had pretty good movement when they were eating .. in all 3 origionals.
The tore and fought over guts with some dexterity..

I guess the smell of blood gets them going ...
Like sleepy people before their first coffee of the morning :)

I,ZOMBIE
11-04-2004, 04:21 PM
yeah, i didn't really care for it... but i am the jerk that posts about what zombie movies suck and which ones are good. sorry, i think with land of the dead coming out this remake (althoguh i didn't care for it too much) will make LOTD more money! that's fine with me, romero has paid his dues, time for him to get some. I just don't think zombies should talk... (except maybe when using an ambulance radio to tell the dispatcher to send more paramedics), or run for that matter. i think if you look at romero's trilogy, you'll see zombies geet more powerful the longer they're zombies, i.e. tearing people apart by the end of it, learning from their past ilfe... hmmmm.... brains. yum

I,ZOMBIE
11-04-2004, 04:30 PM
I guess the smell of blood gets them going ...
Like sleepy people before their first coffee of the morning :)
*LMAO* okay, you figured me out, i am actually a zombie... for coffee, i drink like 6 pots of coffee by noon and smoke a lot of menthols, they're like brains to me.
but you are right about romero zombies.

chaplain
11-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Did anyone else think the Andy extra was lame?

Yes