PDA

View Full Version : Best Video Game System?

MichaelMyers
11-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi all. I'd like your opinion on what you think is the best video game system out there right now, especially for Horror games. Holidays are coming up soon, so I'd like to have some solid info.

Thanks.

thehalk
11-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Hi all. I'd like your opinion on what you think is the best video game system out there right now, especially for Horror games. Holidays are coming up soon, so I'd like to have some solid info.

Thanks. i think ps2 depending on the style n maker of the game beacuse some games have great graphics like the new smackdown n some just don't past like the original

Killer Clown#1
11-02-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm going to end this thread right now by Just saying X-box(Nothing will beat Halo2)

MichaelMyers
11-02-2003, 06:50 PM
From what I've heard from friends:

a.) X-Box is the better system, but has a weaker library of games.

b.) Playstation II has more games but has weaker graphics.

And that Gamecube has Mario, Metroid, etc.

It's a tough decision, but I guess you really can't go wrong with either one.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-02-2003, 06:57 PM
....X-BOX........No question
However, with the holidays on the way Im sure there will be a bigger better system..maybe not this year ..BUT SOON

avenger00soul
11-03-2003, 06:06 AM
X-Box is cool as hell but does not have Vice City.
PS2 has a shitload of great games.
I have not played a Gamecube.

Fuck it, get an original nintendo.

ChaoticMinister
11-03-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul

ATARI!!!!!

I miss those systems the most... Maybe not Jaguars ridiculously huge controller, but you get the idea...

And 3DO... I had this wicked awesome game for that called "Killing Time"... bad ass...

*FADE OUT*

_Leatha_Face_
11-03-2003, 08:36 AM
since PC iz up there i voted it because i love playin gms where u kan compete and interact with other poeple across the world and yeah i know about x box live and it sux when it come to online play so mi vote PC - if u play pc gms go get RISE OF NATIONS!!

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Rise Of Nations? is that a good game..whats it about? Sorry Im always looking for new games. I havent heard of this one...just the title sparks interest.:)

_Leatha_Face_
11-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by SoUl SuRvIvOrS
Rise Of Nations? is that a good game..whats it about? Sorry Im always looking for new games. I havent heard of this one...just the title sparks interest.:) its not a hooror resident evil gm or a combat strategy gm but thats what im into , if i were i would go to www.ign.com and check out some ss and reviews

Killer Clown#1
11-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul

X-box is getting a double pack with gta 3 & vice city in about a month, the graphics will be vastly inproved.

avenger00soul
11-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
X-box is getting a double pack with gta 3 & vice city in about a month, the graphics will be vastly inproved.

Sounds awesome.

_Leatha_Face_
11-03-2003, 02:29 PM
i have a ps2 and the best gm i that would have to be mortal kombat: deadly alliance so i u guys have an xbox or gamecube i would check this 1 out for sure

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
11-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Rise Of Nations sounds like SIM City taken to a new level sounds pretty cool ...will defently have to check that one out.

Killer Clown#1
11-04-2003, 03:48 AM
Has anyone played the new evil dead game yet? Is it any good?(I know the graphics suck)The other game I want is Hunter the reconing redemeer.

_Leatha_Face_
11-04-2003, 05:26 AM
Has anyone played the new evil dead game yet? Is it any good?(I know the graphics suck)The other game I want is Hunter the reconing redemeer. evil dead a fistful of boomstick yeah i played and its 10 times better than the first 1

ChaoticMinister
11-04-2003, 05:37 AM
Has anyone played the new evil dead game yet? Is it any good?(I know the graphics suck)The other game I want is Hunter the reconing redemeer.

I've heard bad reviews for the both of them, but thats up to the videogamer to decide really... I only played the first Evil Dead game; it was OK... I kept getting lost and such, the controls were a bit difficult to use readily, and gameplay was just missing something... I haven't played it in about a year (I traded it back in actually because I lost interest)

Decide fo' yo'self

*FADE OUT*

_Leatha_Face_
11-04-2003, 05:52 AM
another kool game for xbox an ps2 is HUNTER:the reckoning and they have a new 1 out to but i dont know that name of it

FreddyFan
11-04-2003, 07:07 AM
I have played all of the systems up there and my choice would have to be PS2. Xbox came close though. It's just that the PS2 has more games (and better). Even though Halo kicks ass. And they have Spawn in Soul Calibur 2 for the Xbox. The Gamecube has Link. And the PS2 is stuck with Heihachi.

dabruce16
11-05-2003, 07:24 PM
i love the gamecube. i have never had any complaints about it except that fistful of boomstick did not come out on it. other then that it is a fine little system. even tho it doesn't have as many games as the other systems, its all about the quality over the quantity

_Leatha_Face_
11-06-2003, 05:25 AM
yeah i'd take a gamecube over an xbox

Mad Adam
11-09-2003, 02:01 PM
The PC is by far the best gaming system. However, I will argue that a true gamer has all current consoles and a PC. A true gamer will also buy a game for whichever system it plays the best on. PC's have the widest variety of games available and cater to any kind of controller imaginable. You can use the keyboard/mouse for RPG,FPS,RTS and Adventure games. There is also a wider variety of controller manufactuers for game pads, joysticks, and steering wheel/pedals.

I have been updating and adding new content to my games for my PC since Doom. I probably played Doom for a few years via a modem; with friends. I can't begin to count how many maps I downloaded, its well over 500! You couldn't do that with a console until the Xbox.

The PC gets my vote mainly for the replay value of most of the games you can get.

_Leatha_Face_
11-09-2003, 02:23 PM
thank god some1 else agrees with me

Killer Clown#1
11-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Mad Adam
The PC is by far the best gaming system. However, I will argue that a true gamer has all current consoles and a PC. A true gamer will also buy a game for whichever system it plays the best on. PC's have the widest variety of games available and cater to any kind of controller imaginable. You can use the keyboard/mouse for RPG,FPS,RTS and Adventure games. There is also a wider variety of controller manufactuers for game pads, joysticks, and steering wheel/pedals.

I have been updating and adding new content to my games for my PC since Doom. I probably played Doom for a few years via a modem; with friends. I can't begin to count how many maps I downloaded, its well over 500! You couldn't do that with a console until the Xbox.

The PC gets my vote mainly for the replay value of most of the games you can get. A true gamer does not get any girls and has no friends/life.

_Leatha_Face_
11-09-2003, 02:42 PM
A true gamer does not get any girls and has no friends/life. i disagree

FreddyFan
11-10-2003, 06:05 PM
the pc is a great system and has the most games but it takes it awhile to download and some games need a lot of shit to play them. Still a great system though.