PDA

View Full Version : Lsl: Mcl

Cheeba V2.0
10-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Sure, it's not the newest thing out, but I've just been looking around a few sites for some info on this game, and I think on the basis of what I've seen, I'll be picking it up.

...It's not the original Larry, it's his nephew. Looks as though they've made an 80's style college movie into a game, but from what I've seen in the video, this ones really got some potential.
I thought the Larry sequels I played (2, 3, and one on a boat) largely sucked, although I loved the original.
I can only hope this one is as good as it looks...they've certainly made a lot of changes...but overall it looks very funny.

You can link the video from here, it's worth a watch....
http://www.sierra.com/downloads.do

- B.

Thoughts anyone?

Lucid Dreams
11-05-2004, 04:54 PM
that fucking hilarious...and quite interesting...thats almost as bad, if not worse than the playboy mansion game coming out.........

Cheeba V2.0
11-06-2004, 07:11 PM
"Playboy: The Mansion is built mostly around the Sims style of play, where the goal is to cultivate relationships through pop-up contextual interaction menus, climb the corporate ladder, and design a home to your tastes. There are also the interface similarities, with several meters for entertainment, personal growth, leisure, sociability and more. Thankfully, though, the drudgeries of things like cooking meals, hygiene, and sleep are completely removed"

...In other words, yet another boring Sims clone, with some nicer scenery, but just another game where not much happens. Each to their own, but I personally hate these games, and I can understand why you'd think THAT sucked....but Leisure suit Larry?
A "adult adventure" series which (while being at it's best in part 1 I.M.O) is funny, has a mixture of true to life AND "completely over the top" scenarios, an underdog character with which most people could probably relate to or sympathise with, and an actual storyline.
This latest version seems to have evolved somewhat, with the addition of full 3d, much more interaction with people and objects to acheive your "missions", and arcade style sequences.
Looks like a pretty funny storyline that might've been ripped right outta every 80's teen "college/buddy" movie ever made, but that seems to work from what I've seen.
I'm glad you replied, because now that I think about it, I'm probably going to get this game very soon.
Sorry, just HAD to jump in and let you know I thought you'd made an unfair comparison, thanks for your input all the same.

kpropain
11-07-2004, 04:31 PM
I loved the old LSL games, I've been wanting to get this just haven't had a chance to yet..

Cheeba V2.0
11-07-2004, 10:30 PM
You should go to the sierra website and have a look at the video preview of it.
I wanted a demo, but there's only a german one out there for some reason...Getting the game within a week myself.

ChEEbA
10-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Yknow...I never played the game in the end...dunno why, never got around to buying it.
Just wondering if anyone HAS played it?

- B