PDA

View Full Version : New Idea

mop
10-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Well I'm only 12 but love horror. I thought of making a extremely low budget film. The plot is a kind of creature from hell who comes back in the deads body to kill anyone who would go to hell if they died.

I'll post more of the plot later on

When I say low budget I mean like a 00 buck film with a hundred dollar camera

Sistinas
10-06-2004, 02:32 PM
You will fail miserably.Study film now, then make it when you are old enough to buy beer.

wendysdead
10-06-2004, 03:10 PM
I work in hollywood and I make films. I wish I would of started when I was your age. I think its a great idea, even with a 00000 dollar budget and a $100 camera. When your old enough to buy beer, you will have learned so much.

As you start making your own films, watch as many films as you can, read as much as you can about directors and FX as you can.

Good luck and PLEASE send me a copy of it when your done. Who knows, I might hire you someday for one of my films.

Sistinas
10-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by wendysdead
I work in hollywood and I make films. I wish I would of started when I was your age. I think its a great idea, even with a 00000 dollar budget and a $100 camera. When your old enough to buy beer, you will have learned so much.

As you start making your own films, watch as many films as you can, read as much as you can about directors and FX as you can.

Good luck and PLEASE send me a copy of it when your done. Who knows, I might hire you someday for one of my films.

Hollywood filmaker, huh?Name a few of your films.

mop
10-06-2004, 03:29 PM
I mean the film isn't meant to be a "INDY HORROR FILM". It's just something I thought I should try. I've seen more horror movies and know more about them then anyone I know. I pretty much rented out Blockbusters whole horror section

Sistinas
10-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by mop
I pretty much rented out Blockbusters whole horror section

There is so much more out there than Blockbuster.........

mop
10-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Sistinas
There is so much more out there than Blockbuster......... Exactly where do you suggest I find it then

Sistinas
10-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mop
Exactly where do you suggest I find it then

First off I would try the VHS section of every movie rental place(you can find real gems in the VHS section of alot of video stores!).

mop
10-07-2004, 12:55 PM
By the way it was supposed to be 200 not 00

Chainsaw Guy
10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Im going to film school and im signing up for Tom Savinis school for make up and special effects and make-up

mop
10-08-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Chainsaw Guy
Im going to film school and im signing up for Tom Savinis school for make up and special effects and make-up Good for you

Hal_Delrich
10-08-2004, 01:44 PM
good for them indeed;)

flabby_man22
10-14-2004, 04:01 PM
just have fun making it, get people who can act, and edit well.
crappy editing will skrew it up, bad, trust me, ive done it

N0Hypocrites
10-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Make sure you have enough film for an editor to work with. I do it and am sick to death of not having enough and what I'm given usually sucks anyways. Nothing worse than someone trying to edit scene by scene on the fly with a shaky hand cam and expecting that this somehow going to "help" the editor later on. ARGH!!!!
CK

ADOM
11-14-2004, 07:22 PM
RIght now I would avoid the creature idea. With 200 bucks and an old camera you are setting yourself up for a creature that looks bad on screen and having no money left for anything else. At your age, go to the local HS and recruit actors from the drama club. Write a script, break it down, story board it best you can and plan ahead. Making a film at your age should be fun and it can teach you a lot.

ThenThereWasOne
11-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Your best bet might be be to have your horror film not even show the creature/stalker/killer. It could be more suspenseful that way and save you a bundle (even if it is $200). Good luck with it. Let us know how it turns out.
CK

mop
12-04-2004, 11:32 AM
that's what i was going to do like BC and F13

The STE
12-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Ouch. 12. Make sure the people will show up. I had a solid week open for filming (no school or work or anything), and would have probably finished filming, but people only showed up for day 1, and the guy didn't know how to hold the boom mic, so we ended up with like 20 minutes of video with useless audio.

And ignore the people who say "watch all the horror films you can", and don't rent out horror sections.