PDA

View Full Version : Love Object

knife_fight
10-01-2004, 08:31 PM
ok, I haven't been on this board in about 6 months, but I just saw this movie and thought it was worth getting other people's opinions on it. I personally thought it was great and I'm one of those people who is completely sick of "thrillers" or "suspense" movies trying to pass themselves off as horror. This is definitely more of a "psychological thriller" (a genre I hate normally), but after I watched it with the commentary on, I liked it even better.

Sistinas
10-02-2004, 06:05 AM
Ive never seen it, but I will check it out if its that good.Did you like Identity?

Proteus
10-02-2004, 09:50 AM
I liked the flick a lot very good acting and story. One of those flicks that show ya you don't need a lot of gore to make a good movie kinda reminded me of a tamer Nekromantic 2 with the whole torn between two lovers type of thing!

Proteus

hellfire1
10-02-2004, 02:42 PM
** SPOLERS (well sorta.. ) AHEAD ** :

stingy wrote a review about this movie.

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7865

kind of agree with him on the fact that desmond harrington is way too good looking for such a character, but he pulls it off well. the scenes where he talks to the doll and acts as if she were really talking back to him, in any other case, i would find quite funny. but he's so intense that all you can feel is pity and even feel a weirded out it's so obvious he's losing his grip. the final twist, though suprising, made me burst out laughing because it seemed a bit far-fetched.

but all in all, i really liked this movie. plus, like i've said before, harrington's hot :o :D

Demonic Faces
10-03-2004, 09:40 PM
i never saw it, but ill check it out

dantehorrorfan
10-03-2004, 09:41 PM
ME TOO

movieman64
10-04-2004, 05:41 AM
I agree with the Psych Thriller more then horror genre for this one. I liked it even though it was a bit predictable. My wife liked it and she's not that big of a Horror/Thriller fan.

allmykids
10-05-2004, 07:09 PM
I saw a trailer of this. Looks pretty good!!

RobinRock
10-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Sistinas
Ive never seen it, but I will check it out if its that good.Did you like Identity?

I LOVED Identity! I really enjoy these type of thrillers. The storyline was so unusual. Kept me guessing all the way to the end.

Dark_Hero
10-10-2004, 05:00 PM
I think this looks O.K.

jay o2 waster
12-07-2004, 06:53 PM
i really really dug this movie alot

wufong
12-11-2004, 04:21 AM
o i thought this was a thread about me. never mind carrying on.

jay o2 waster
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by wufong
o i thought this was a thread about me. never mind carrying on. lol, you are stupid

urgeok
12-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by wufong
o i thought this was a thread about me. never mind carrying on.

after a couple of years in prison any young fella could be considered a love object :)

but the question begs to be answered : is it really love, or is it just animal lust ..
only the proctologist knows for sure ...

deftones6
12-13-2004, 11:56 AM
saw it, creepy but funny

HappyCamper
04-05-2005, 05:30 PM
i hadn't heard to much about this movie, but I knew I had wanted to see it. I rented it from Cockbuster, and I'm glad I did, this was a great movie! sure it was slow at the beginning, but I liked everything about it, the cinematography was excellent. I'm definitely adding this to my DVD collection.

ShankS
04-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
.....I rented it from Cockbuster....

lol that place has so many different names now

...as for the film, I found it in a sale, glad I ordered it now... I'm interested even more in the film.

movieman64
04-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
I rented it from Cockbuster...

I know this is OT...but if it wasn't for the New Release whores who will rent almost anything you slap the heading "New Release" on. BB in my opinion whould go out of business. Their catalog movies/selection is the worst. I drive almost 20 miles to a mom & pop/independent store if I want to rent a movie or I will use netflik.

HappyCamper
04-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by movieman64
I know this is OT...but if it wasn't for the New Release whores who will rent almost anything you slap the heading "New Release" on. BB in my opinion whould go out of business. Their catalog movies/selection is the worst. I drive almost 20 miles to a mom & pop/independent store if I want to rent a movie or I will use netflik.

What i said was 'why don't you suck my balls!.....Blockbuster!'

I totally agree, their selection sucks ass, they have tons of copies of shit films, but then they have like one or two copies of some really good films, they've got their shit mixed up.

Buffy_101
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
I liked this movie alot, but the twist was a little unreal and funny but it was still good. I just hope with the ending they had...there's no sequal.The show reminded me alot of "pin".

movieman64
04-14-2005, 05:20 AM
Howard Stern purchased one of these dolls for his show a couple of years ago. They all commented on how realistic it was, and creepy too. He called it kind of a necrophilia thing going on.