PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy

ShamSham04
10-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Okay, I'm shocked. Nobody has posted a thread about this hilarious cartoon series. I just can't believe it.

This is my favorite show ever. I could watch every episode over and over again, and I wouldn't get bored once.

So what do you think of this series? Who is your favorite character from the Griffin family? Who is your favorite character not related to the Griffin family?

I love Stewie, Chris, Peter, and Mike. They make the show.

Thoughts and comments are welcome. :)

ChaoticMinister
10-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Well... I'm not too surprised.. This is a horror forum... And Family Guy really doesn't have any horror elements (Except the Evil Monkey that lives in Chris' closet, that did freak me out...)

Other than that, I don't know why this show should come up on these boards...

If you want to talk about Family Guy, go to the boards at www.adultswim.com ... I frequent them myself... They're full of lots of like 11 year old anime nazis/trolls/psychos/addicts, whatever, but when you find a good subject for intelligent people, it's fine...

But, to just finish this post, I do LOVE the show... The amount of flashbacks does get a little bothersome from time to time (interrupts the flow of the whole plot) but the overall quality is hilarious...

The funniest scene that I've seen lately reads as follows (I posted this on the AS boards as well):

Brian and Stewie miss their flight back to Quahog and have to stay in a motel. You hear a "shady deal" going on in the next room while Stewie is trying to sleep:

(Paraphrasing: )

Man 1: You got the stuff?

Man 2: Yeah, I got it. You got the money?

Stewie: Oh for God's sake, HE'S WEARING A WIRE!

Man 1: What? You son-of-a-

(SFX: ) BAKKA-BAKKA-BAKKA

*Bullet holes riddle the wall above the bed*

*Stewie smiles as he goes back to sleep*

It's so hard to pick a favorite episode, though, but this notorious "When you wish upon a Weinstein" episode looks funny (and offensive... all the better).

Stewie and Brian are my favorite characters (The "Intellectuals").

*FADE OUT*

avenger00soul
10-31-2003, 04:52 AM
Somehow I'm not surprised that no one brought it up either. My favorite character is Peter. Every word he utters makes me crack up. I would say that this and Aqua Teens are the two funniest cartoons ever.

ChaoticMinister
11-01-2003, 08:38 AM
sealab, sealab, SEALAB!

Both ATHF and Sealab 2021 have their individual respective charms, but for some reason I love Sealab 2021 a little better...

I can't wait for the 13 new episodes of the venture brothers (Early 2004)... there was only one episode made so far, and it was hilarious... Basically one big spoof of Johnny Quest...

*FADE OUT*

avenger00soul
11-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
sealab, sealab, SEALAB!

Both ATHF and Sealab 2021 have their individual respective charms, but for some reason I love Sealab 2021 a little better...

I can't wait for the 13 new episodes of the venture brothers (Early 2004)... there was only one episode made so far, and it was hilarious... Basically one big spoof of Johnny Quest...

*FADE OUT*

I love Sealab too, but I find Aquateens to be consistently more funny. Did you see the episode where they were stuck in the closet and Murphy kept punching everyone. I cried that whole episode. Pure genius.

ChaoticMinister
11-01-2003, 01:27 PM
That was a hilarious episode...

I was posting earlier about this, and my IE had to shut down, so I have to retype some of this post...

I did paraphrase some moments from that episode, but, here's a better idea:

ATHF Transcripts/Quotes (Incomplete) (http://www.geocities.com/audrahammer/athf.html)

Sealab 2021 Transcripts/Episode Guide (http://rtf.kracked.com/sealab_.html)

"RIP" and "Mad Respect" to Harry Goz (Captain Murphy) (1932-2003)

Enjoy!

*FADE OUT*

avenger00soul
11-01-2003, 01:35 PM
"RIP" and "Mad Respect" to Harry Goz (Captain Murphy) (1932-2003)

Howlin' Mad Murphy DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bummer.

ChaoticMinister
11-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Howlin' Mad Murphy DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bummer.

Sadly... September 6th, I believe...

I shall miss his fine work...

I wish I had some on tape... I left the only tape of it I had with my Ex-G/F sadly...

*FADE OUT*

avenger00soul
11-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Sadly... September 6th, I believe...

I shall miss his fine work...

I wish I had some on tape... I left the only tape of it I had with my Ex-G/F sadly...

*FADE OUT*

Man, he died right before my birthday.:(

_Leatha_Face_
11-03-2003, 08:51 AM
i like the show but im sorry that little fuckin baby (stewie i think his name iz) iz just fukin annoying but other than that i watch when i kan on cartoon network on adult swim

FreddyFan
11-04-2003, 02:55 PM
I love Family Guy. It's one of the funniest cartoons ever made. My favorite characters are Stewie and the dad. I forget his name.

friday13thfan
02-01-2004, 03:27 PM
this show rocks i love stewie and how he always tries to kill the mom

ProjectMayhem
02-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Defintely the greatest animated comedy so far.

Best Family character: Chris. Everyone seems to hate him but I think he's funny.

Best non family character: Easy. Two words, Cleveland Jnr.

"I'm Pele, I'm Pele, GOAAAAAAAL"

SpawnofEvil
02-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ShamSham04

I love Stewie, Chris, Peter, and Mike. They make the show.

Mike? I don't recall any Mike.

Anywho, I like Brian.

massacre man
04-12-2004, 10:37 AM
stewies awesome but dude...

SIMPSONS IS WAY BETTER

FreddyKrueger
04-12-2004, 11:13 AM
How do you get the avtras that are not there????:confused: :confused:

Arioch
04-13-2004, 01:13 AM
Greatest TV show of all time id say. Atleast one of them, looking forward to the new series as its been renewed due to outstanding DVD sales.

Vodstok
04-16-2004, 04:42 AM
I saw the "When you wish upon a weinstein" the other night... It was awesome. they came sooo close to being offensive, but didnt quite cross that line. :)

I love stewie. and brian. and chris. and peter. and loisandmegandquagmire.....

anyone ever see the one where peter broke up with a drunk tinkerbell? i love that....

Here is a nother good one
Peter Griffin: I'm looking for some toilet training books.
Salesman: We have the popular 'everybody poops", or the less popular 'nobody poops but you'.
Peter Griffin: Well, you see, we're catholic...
Salesman: Ah, then you'll want 'you're a naughty, naughty boy, and that's concentrated evil coming out the back of you'.

Arioch
04-16-2004, 04:10 PM
anyone ever see the one where peter broke up with a drunk tinkerbell? i love that....

Tinkerbell: "So thats how it is now?" (or something like that"
Peter: "You knew what this was!"

Thats fucking hilarious. Probably my favorite show of all time.Never seen one thats more consistently funny with as much social comentary.

massacre man
04-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
Greatest TV show of all time id say. Atleast one of them, looking forward to the new series as its been renewed due to outstanding DVD sales.
im looking forward to it cuz i like family guy but i sorta wish it wouldnt happen cuz that will be what replaces simpsons after its final episode that makes me mad

BudMan
04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
The Family Guy is hysterical. I was also one of those people who caught on after the DVD release, even though the show takes place in my state.Although there is no Quahog in R.I. there are a lot of little subtle R.I. touches. I understand that creator Seth McFarland went to the Rhode Island School of Design.

Cereal Killer
04-17-2004, 11:23 AM
There's something to say about a show that makes me laugh during the day as much as it does at three o'clock in the morning.

Needless to say: good stuff indeed.

Arioch
04-18-2004, 01:54 AM
im looking forward to it cuz i like family guy but i sorta wish it wouldnt happen cuz that will be what replaces simpsons after its final episode that makes me mad

I cant see them EVER taking the Simpsons off the air. Thats the longest running cartoon, and one of the longest running shows of all time. Id be REALLY surprised to see that, especially with the upcomming Simpsons movie in the works.

massacre man
04-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
I cant see them EVER taking the Simpsons off the air. Thats the longest running cartoon, and one of the longest running shows of all time. Id be REALLY surprised to see that, especially with the upcomming Simpsons movie in the works. the actors are contracted to do 3 movies

bloodrayne
06-20-2004, 09:37 AM
I LOVE Family Guy

Miss Britt
06-23-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by massacre man
stewies awesome but dude...

SIMPSONS IS WAY BETTER
Simpsons are the best animated family show.. the Family Guy is a close second...

juda666
06-23-2004, 10:12 AM
family guy, the simpsons, ed, edd, eddy, cow and chicken, powerpuff girls cool!!!!!!!!!

friday13thfan
06-29-2004, 05:41 AM
stewie- i'm going to kill you

carnage
06-29-2004, 05:46 AM
there is a casual ranking...

Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama

then of course the action cartoons...
Justice League
Batman
Batman Beyond
Xmen
Xmen - Evolution
Spiderman

...but that's just me

orangestar
06-29-2004, 08:23 PM
"For every sprinkle I find, I kill you!" - Stewie

oh how I love this show. My favorite episode is the one where Peter goes to the woman's retreat thing. Funny shite.

Freddy Krueger.
06-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Family Guy is fucking awesome!!!

Family Guy
King of the Hill
The Simpsons
Ed, Edd, and Eddy

bwind22
06-29-2004, 09:34 PM
My top 3 cartoons are, in no particular order, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park.

KRUGERKID13
06-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by bwind22
My top 3 cartoons are, in no particular order, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park.

ditto

natas
07-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Peter, Stewie, and Brian are my favs.

"Holy crip, he's a crapple!" - Peter Griffin

Vodstok
07-27-2004, 08:36 AM
I like it when peter and Lois first met:

Peter is a towel boy

"Hi there, I'm towel and i'll be your peter.

Oh God....

Hello, I'm Peter and I'll be your nipples."

Or quagmire getting excited in the bathroom window and it slams down
(dials 911)
"Hello there. it's Glen.
Quagmire.
Yep, it's stuck again. in the window this time."